Skate Ontario Summer Sectional Series. Mississauga, August 19-21 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Ontario Summer Sectional Series. Mississauga, August 19-21

yesterday

Record Breaker
yes... people do... :) but that's not what we are talking about here ;) we are talking about livestreaming and archiving from Skate Ontario ;)

I may have some footage of Patrick Chan on my phone... but I may not have shared it online if you see what I mean ;)

Well lots of videos on youtube from the shows and comps I mentioned were from such sources - fans with phones. Better than nothing.

yesterday

Record Breaker
4 judges + the Referee. So "out of 5".
Yes, it means one judge requested it. To apply the deduction a majority of judges+referee is needed.

Ah okay! So if there's 5 judges would it be "out of 6"? Is the referee always "added"?

Andrea82

Medalist
Ah okay! So if there's 5 judges would it be "out of 6"? Is the referee always "added"?

if they follow ISU regulations for scoring, yes.
Violation of choreographic restrictions:
The deduction is applied according to the opinion of the majority of the Panel which includes all the Judges and the Referee. No deduction in case of a 50:50 split vote. The Judges and Referee will press a button on their screen to apply the above-mentioned deductions.
Music requirements:
The deduction is applied according to the opinion of the majority of the Panel which includes all the Judges and the Referee. No deduction in case of a 50:50 split vote. The Judges and Referee will press a button on their screen to apply the above mentioned deductions.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't know where to put it right now, is there another general thread for SkOnt Sectionals?

Thought of @4everchan when I saw Evan Prosserman on the list :biggrin:
the qualifying competitions go in different threads... probably with the national championships thread.. not sure.. i have just put those summer threads up because i didn't see anyone doing them... we will need to check if he is skating to chopin :)