Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So I went and made a video of her 3f from CoC this season and was surprised to see that the jump she was getting called on this season was one of the better examples to watch from a slow motion point of view of a 3f. IMO she is on the correct edge and gets full rotation.

Sorry, but no. There is a clear change of edge and even at the moment of takeoff she is on, at best, a flat. The rotation is fine, and over all it is a much better-looking jump than Satoko's, but it is a ! at best and more likely "e" without a doubt, for me.

Josh Farris 3a (sorry for blurring the 1080 quality) I'm no good at rendering videos apparently..

Thankyou, this is BEAUTIFUL. Just look at the way he eases into the air - and he opens up so early, as if he has all the time in the world to alight from the moonbeam he just ascended.

Is there a more perfect 3A in the world? I do not think there is any man currently who can challenge this for perfection.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great idea and thanks for your hrad work sam! since they mentioned yuzuru's 3A, can it be the one at COC spread eagle-3A- spread eagle worthy of +3 goe :love: ??

also gracie's 3F at 4cc, seemed outside edge to me but she didnt even get !

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, but no. There is a clear change of edge and even at the moment of takeoff she is on, at best, a flat. The rotation is fine, and over all it is a much better-looking jump than Satoko's, but it is a ! at best and more likely "e" without a doubt, for me.
Disagree. She is only on the outside edge for a millisecond after the 3 turn and then she rides the inside edge the whole way in unlike a lot of skaters who I notice perform flips from the outside edge to the inside edge. I agree she MIGHT be flat on the take off but in no way ....here at least..... is she on an outside(lutz edge). I think that maybe a ! would be alright since it might be a bit unclear but in no way is this jump on the wrong edge or even really very close to it. Polina is a perfect example of an e call IMO. Clear wrong edge even on the approach. Slight change of edge at the last second should be ! in my books. You like to be more strict than I think a lot of folks would be and I'm sure there are others would agree but I think you are overdoing it saying this jump isn't worth full BV IMHO.

I haven't done one of Liza's flips yet so I think that will be my next one.

I think I can fix Josh's 3a video or just make a new one that is better and I'll search for a better video of Max's jump too.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You like to be more strict than I think a lot of folks would be and I'm sure there are others would agree but I think you are overdoing it saying this jump isn't worth full BV IMHO.

I would be a totally hardass TS that everyone hated. Which is why I'm not a TS. :laugh:

I haven't done one of Liza's flips yet so I think that will be my next one.

Oooh, thankyou. I know people are inundating you with requests, but can I add another - Liza's flawless 3Lz?

I think I can fix Josh's 3a video or just make a new one that is better and I'll search for a better video of Max's jump too.

I thought your Josh video was great~! I'm watching it again now :love:.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I already took the first Yuzuru request I received about GPF and started to edit that but now I'm fooling around with the rendering and quality so I've uploaded and deleted it like 5 times. It's coming but each upload that is HD quality takes like 15 minutes to finish. :bang:

I'm probably going to be asleep by the time it uploads but here is the link it will be at when it finishes in 10 minutes or so.
(deleted link) So sorry:slink:

@Karne: I watched the Eurosport HD feed from Euros and downloaded Liza's Freeskate. The slow motion replay at the end is like a textbook on how to jump that I think many of the men could learn from. Should make for a good Jump-a-ma-tron clip. Max Arron has a nice Lutz edge in slow motion too that I noticed a while back when Golden 411 posted a how to jump video which featured him and got me started on editing these things in the first place.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I already took the first Yuzuru request I received about GPF and started to edit that but now I'm fooling around with the rendering and quality so I've uploaded and deleted it like 5 times. It's coming but each upload that is HD quality takes like 15 minutes to finish. :bang:

I'm probably going to be asleep by the time it uploads but here is the link it will be at when it finishes in 10 minutes or so.
http://youtu.be/SFh0KrNK4Ec
If it turns out good someone should post it in his fan fest. :)

@Karne: I watched the Eurosport HD feed from Euros and downloaded Liza's Freeskate. The slow motion replay at the end is like a textbook on how to jump that I think many of the men could learn from. Should make for a good Jump-a-ma-tron clip. Max Arron has a nice Lutz edge in slow motion too that I noticed a while back when Golden 411 posted a how to jump video which featured him and got me started on editing these things in the first place.

:bow:thanks so much! Sorry for the Bombardment. Looking forward to seeing it when it's ready.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was a fail. Sorry:slink: It only downloaded 36 seconds of a clip that should have been over a minute and in HD. I'll fix it when I wake up and can maybe function properly. Keep the requests coming. I'll do what I can but it seems only certain jumps on certain videos work out well for this type of thing.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It was a fail. Sorry:slink: It only downloaded 36 seconds of a clip that should have been over a minute and in HD. I'll fix it when I wake up and can maybe function properly. Keep the requests coming. I'll do what I can but it seems only certain jumps on certain videos work out well for this type of thing.
Nevermind... just when you have time and if it works out. :clap:

NaVi

Medalist
You don't need someone else to do this...

Just find a youtube video with what you want, go to http://gfycat.com/ and click fetch and paste in the url, put in the start time and the number of seconds(up to 15), and you'll get get a video loop and if you look in the controls you can slow it down and watch it in slow mo.

I've done this recently just a couple days ago to analyze Ashley Wagner's jumps at nationals.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

Yes, YouTube takes awhile to upload/process HD-quality videos. The higher the quality, the longer it takes. 720p usually doesn't take too long, but 1080p can take awhile, and if it's 60fps at 1080p, it can sometimes like 30-40 minutes just on the YouTube processing alone...

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here is the Yuzuru video I was working on last night. I can't kill the blur no matter what I try. I guess it is a learning process. I think I need to run the super high quality videos thru a converter before even editing it. I'm trying to work it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIaQ2VIbJ64

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Here is the Yuzuru video I was working on last night. I can't kill the blur no matter what I try. I guess it is a learning process. I think I need to run the super high quality videos thru a converter before even editing it. I'm trying to work it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIaQ2VIbJ64

Thanks !! No need to worry, Blur or not, jumping quality is still obvious :D and yeah watching backward is so fun :))