Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Slow Motion Jump Editing (AKA: Sam's Jump-a-ma-tron)

jkun

Final Flight
Damn, do you happen to know if that 3F was called < or <<? Because she spun a whole revolution on her toepick!

Satoko's Pre-rotation is ridiculous. She's lucky to get 2 full rotations in the air.

makaihime

Final Flight
Its absurd how Satoko manages to get full credit+GOE for those jumps. This is not going to fair well for her if she wins with those kinds of jumps.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

I know you're super busy and have lots of requests but I beg you, O Holy One Of Slo-Mo, please please please please: Max Aaron quad Axel attempt (if youcan, of course!) I keep replaying it to see how close he makes it, but it all happens a bit too fast!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I know you're super busy and have lots of requests but I beg you, O Holy One Of Slo-Mo, please please please please: Max Aaron quad Axel attempt (if youcan, of course!) I keep replaying it to see how close he makes it, but it all happens a bit too fast!

I don't know how to download a FB video like this. Tom needs to upload it to YouTube so I can upload it to my editor. Sorry. I hope you liked the Liza video.....text-friggin-book. :clap:

andromache

Record Breaker
Thanks for going through all this work, both to appreciate the gorgeous jumps and check out the flawed ones. I'm not a skater, so I'm terrible at recognizing jumps and their edges. I'm learning a lot through the slow-mo and debate.

hurrah

Medalist
Lurrve the slo-mos!

Hey, I agree Liza's jumps are big and all that, but is Liza's lutz a real lutz? She's on her flat edge until the last moment before her take off, and then she jerks her edge to the outer edge using the toe pick as a momentum? That's not the pure lutz technique is it?? It's actually a great lip jump.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:bow:Liza Tuktamysheva Jumpamatron Clinic :bow:
720 HD is available

First Jump is her 3f and the second is a solo Lutz both taken from this years European Championship.

She is the queen! No lady jumps better.

Lurrve the slo-mos!

Hey, I agree Liza's jumps are big and all that, but is Liza's lutz a real lutz? She's on her flat edge until the last moment before her take off, and then she jerks her edge to the outer edge using the toe pick as a momentum? That's not the pure lutz technique is it?? It's actually a great lip jump.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's the only possible way I can respond to that comment.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Lurrve the slo-mos!
The first jump is the flip, the second one is the luzt. It seems you are mistaking 2 of this jumps together. She has a super luzt.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Lurrve the slo-mos!

Looking at both slo-mos, it is very clear that Tuks edge work on both the 3F and 3Lz were exemplary. The inside edge was not ambiguous for the 3F while she held the outside edge until she picks in and launch up. In fact the lutz was totally killer in which she even deepened the outside edge before the actual picking. One of the rare women skater with all 5 triples with no edge issue.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I don't know how to download a FB video like this. Tom needs to upload it to YouTube so I can upload it to my editor. Sorry. I hope you liked the Liza video.....text-friggin-book. :clap:

FWIW, how to download FB video to a PC:
Same method is explained three ways on this page, although the quality of result is not necessarily so good.
https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=254978587978765

Do not download any software to do this! Just follow these steps. 1. replace the www in the URL with m. e.g. http://www.facebook.com/blahblah - http://m.facebook.com/blahblah 2. this brings you to the FB mobile site, once there click on your video. 3. While the video is playing if you are on a pc right click on the video screen and select "save video as" (sorry cant help the mac and linux folks out there) and pic a location on your pc to save the video.
or in other words:
1. copy the URL of the video
2.replace www with m
3. paste the new URL on browser address bar and play it
4. while video plays, right click on video
5.you get the option as 'save video as'
or in other words:
1. replace the www in the URL with mbasic.
e.g. http://www.facebook.com/------ to - http://mbasic.facebook.com/------
2. this brings you to the facebook mobile site, once there you get in click on your video.
3. While the video is playing if you are on your PC right click on the video screen and select "save video as" and pic a location on your PC to save the video.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Obviously I'm not the only person with a video editor so if anyone else has interest in posting their own videos in this thread then have at it:)

Don't mind if I do. ;) Another contributor.

I've never played much with Sony Vegas before, as you have. But I spent a little time tinkering around tonight to experiment with its features, so here's my first stab at an amateur attempt at this concept.

From Liza's SP this year:

Liza Jumpamatron clinic (Part 2) (up to 720p HD)

I'm open to suggestions as well... may try Radionova next, when I have more time tomorrow.

Globetrotter

Medalist

I've never played much with Sony Vegas before, as you have. But I spent a little time tinkering around tonight to experiment with its features, so here's my first stab at an amateur attempt at this concept.

I'm open to suggestions as well... may try Radionova next, when I have more time tomorrow.

Wow lovely effort. In slo-mo, it also becomes clearer that Tuks does have good flow and running edges out of her jumps and that she holds out the running edge as transitions. No wonder she received fairly high TR scores. If you can try Radio both pre jump and post jump, I believe it will be clearer why Tuks scores practically the same in TR as Radio. One of the threads did mention that Radio had a lot of transitions into her jumps but I always felt that her outflow is not as good as Tuks. So you have Radio with lots of TR prejump while Tuks TR were held mainly post jumps.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I love it but....why is your quality so much better than mine? I'm just not very good at computering I guess. :slink:

I'm actually glad to see others use the term jumpamatron. :laugh2:

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Thanks @Sam-Skwantch and @sabinfire for putting in the effort. Love it!
I honestly worry about Satako now, it will be interesting how her jumps progress. But she's already nearly 17, I hope she'll be fine. It would be a pity to lose her.
And well, Liza's jumps look fantastic, as expected. :love:

Wo|flax

Final Flight
If you are not sick of Yuzu requests yet: His nationals lutz from the SP, compared with a lutz from the LP

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
When I first made the Satoko video I expected people to attack my fandom of Yulia and call her out because she has edge issues and was getting edge calls all season. So I went and made a video of her 3f from CoC this season and was surprised to see that the jump she was getting called on this season was one of the better examples to watch from a slow motion point of view of a 3f. IMO she is on the correct edge and gets full rotation. The only issue is at take off she gets to just short of 180 and sort of jerks her toe but I think it's actually a clean jump and it seems most everyone when viewed at this speed has these issues. Believe me....I wasn't expecting to find her 3f with this quality. Especially for her being such a small jumper. IMHO she executes all the qualities a judge should look for in a +1GOE jump and maybe +2 if you stretch a bit as some judges do based on circumstances and consider the set up and transition out into Choreography.
Sorry to bring this up now, but...

Yulia did not get called on her 3F at Cup of China. She received full credit and +1s/+2s in GOE. She was called on her 3F edge at GPF; maybe you could make a slow-mo of that one?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It was definitely on the wrong edge or flat. I think she was working hard to bring the lutz back(she had been doing 3t-3t) and probably was in Lutz mode. I thought the lutz looked good and that maybe the flip was the same jump with a different entrance. She also exited her spin early (by a milisecond and the tiny tiniest amount of rotation) and lost a level :laugh:

http://youtu.be/pEkc1txKC7c

I actually made this a long time ago when we were all :scratch: about the score.

Her jumps aren't the biggest but she usually carries so much flow...I absolutely love watching them.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Wait, so you knew she didn't get called on her flip and got +1s/+2s (just like you said she should) at CoC? :scratch: Then why use that as an example?