Stars on Ice cast | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice cast

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let me be clear, if I wasn’t before, I think the marketing ideas are great. They may or may not work. I’m a skating fan, so I’m all for whatever brings more fans.

But I am also a realist and the money would need to be raised to fund the first show. I don’t know where that would come from.

But hey, playing “I won’t go to SOI unless [insert name of my favorite international skater] skates” is a fun game.;)

Already said it, my favorite skater, Jason, is in fact going, And love him or hate him, he’s a superior showman. In fact Jason’s fans are always getting told, “well, if *that’s* what you want, go to a show”.

Well I am :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
In my home town soi are coming through on the 29th and all the good seats are gone. I was thinking about maybe going but I'm not really a fan of sitting too far away and up to high.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In my home town soi are coming through on the 29th and all the good seats are gone. I was thinking about maybe going but I'm not really a fan of sitting too far away and up to high.

Wow, that's great. God bless Canadians and their support of figure skating.

Maybe it's the bagged milk;)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What are you talking about? Hamilton and Wylie haven't been on the tour in years! Well, other than special after Christmas one night only special show in Lake Placid.

The current upcoming US tour is: N. Chen, Brown, Nagasu, K.Chen, Wagner, Rippon, Hubbell/Donohue, Davis/White, Shibs, and special guests Tennell and Zhou.

I can't see why they couldn't add Virtue and Moir or Osmond or Chan all are great champions. I think Sasha Cohen is finished. i though there were rumours Michelle Kwan was working on double toes in the hope of doing triples again.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I'm not sure about the US but the Canadian cast has recently been made up solely of Olympic and/or ISU Championship medallists. This year it's all Olympic medallists.

The one Olympic medallist they could have invited but likely did not is Yuzuru. Yuzuru already has so many ice shows to do in Japan that I would guess he doesn't have time for SOI Canada.

Yoa

On the Ice
I'm not sure about the US but the Canadian cast has recently been made up solely of Olympic and/or ISU Championship medallists. This year it's all Olympic medallists.

The one Olympic medallist they could have invited but likely did not is Yuzuru. Yuzuru already has so many ice shows to do in Japan that I would guess he doesn't have time for SOI Canada.

For now he isn't doing any shows because of his foot injury. He was the only Olympic medalist from singles who didn't participate in the Legends yesterday. In April there will be his first ice show but he won't skate there. The earliest ice show he can do is probably in June

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've mentioned this before in other related threads. While I look forward to seeing the American skaters in the US SOI tour, I really miss the days when the cast was truly international. I guess that's the case for many of us hardcore fans.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I can't see why they couldn't add Virtue and Moir or Osmond or Chan all are great champions. I think Sasha Cohen is finished. i though there were rumours Michelle Kwan was working on double toes in the hope of doing triples again.

Lets see bc they have their own SOI tour in Canada about the same time and are in Japan right now before it doing that tour.

Sasha doesn’t skate anymore and MK isn’t coming back and made that clear in her posts. She was just messing around on the ice as it can be very theraputic after all shes been through.

katymay

Medalist
And I have to post this here, because Marketing. In essence, this is just that:

https://vk.com/evgeniaarmanovnamedvedeva?w=wall-67998976_52048

Reality competition but take a look at the names. And it's kids competing. That's just one of the things you can do to get the broad approach I keep nattering about. Because IMO this is not just about shows in the US, it's more about getting skating going again as a sport and getting it back into homes so that those folks go and pay to watch again.
It's a mix of all these things, and one just won't do.
thi

I hope that this program will be made available to viewers in the US. It looks wonderful. And to be honest I would rather pay to watch this show than SOI . Medvedeva is charming and the kids (some of whom I've seen before)are so talented.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
For now he isn't doing any shows because of his foot injury. He was the only Olympic medalist from singles who didn't participate in the Legends yesterday. In April there will be his first ice show but he won't skate there. The earliest ice show he can do is probably in June

Yes I'm aware of Yuzuru's situation. My post wasn't limited to this season. Last season Yuzuru was World Champion but wasn't invited to SOI Canada. He has a huge slate of ice shows in Japan and doesn't need to wear himself out doing SOI Canada even in the off chance they invited him.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, that's great. God bless Canadians and their support of figure skating.

Maybe it's the bagged milk;)

I think it's mostly the Tessa and Scott effect. SOI sells better in Olympic seasons, and they're the big stars in Canada. And they got tons of attention during the Olympics, including as flag bearers.