Stars on Ice Canada 2023 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice Canada 2023

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Considering Patrick was off the ice for so long... and didn't even jump at all for a while... it's great that he even does a couple easy triples...

Kurt is leaving so you will get someone else... I bet Elvis may not be in there for so much longer either. You won't get much live talent for men unless one of our guys breaks through... Stars on ice only goes for the big names. It's just the nature of this show. The show you would like to have is called the Gala at Worlds... It will be in Montreal this coming March. See you there ;)
I am thinking JWC rather than WC. Montreal was unlucky for me last time. Or maybe just the Nationals since they are here.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well.. it wasn't Montreal that was unlucky but the whole planet...
Yeah, but it was the only FS trip that didn’t work out for me, so I am not going, plus senior Worlds don't really hold much attraction to me. I prefer senior GP and Junior worlds.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah, but it was the only FS trip that didn’t work out for me, so I am not going, plus senior Worlds don't really hold much attraction to me. I prefer senior GP and Junior worlds.
Fair enough... I have been to different types of competitions (Summer, Challenger, Nationals and GP).... the most boring to me was Senior GP :) hopefully Worlds, which i haven't had a chance to attend yet, will give me more pleasure.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am a little surprised/annoyed. I have only been able to find ONE video of Patrick Chan from SOI 2023, and the video quality is not that good.

If anyone can find more videos of Patrick, please share them. And for those lucky enough to go, what were your impressions of Patrick? He hasn't skated in SO long, and I have missed him.

Magill

Record Breaker
I am a little surprised/annoyed. I have only been able to find ONE video of Patrick Chan from SOI 2023, and the video quality is not that good.

If anyone can find more videos of Patrick, please share them. And for those lucky enough to go, what were your impressions of Patrick? He hasn't skated in SO long, and I have missed him.
I am not sure, but it seems to be a different day or a different angle - and at least much better quality. Hope that helps :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C94b-MfH0-k

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wow... considering Patrick didn't skate for so long... other than in a hockey garage league... WOW !!!!! I miss seeing skaters with those skating skills.... the edges... the control on these blades... fabulous !!!!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Keegan Messing has made it official. It was a headline on my Facebook page this morning. I thought he'd made it clear when he said this would be his final season. I bet he's an amazing show skater. I know he has two kids now and it may be tough to be away from his family.