Switching Jackson’s to Edeas or Risport | Golden Skate

Switching Jackson’s to Edeas or Risport

fuwarii

Spectator
Hi I wanted to switch from Jackson’s to probably ripsort or edeas but I don’t have any local skate shops and last time I was fitted, they fitted me for 6W, can anyone tell me what they would translate to in edeas or risports? Please help me!! And thank you!!!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
In theory, you're looking at a 245C in Risport (that's the widest they do) or 245D or E in Edea. Anything other than the standard C in Risport and Edea is likely to be a special order. But - and this is a very big BUT - it's still really important to be measured and fitted properly as all three brands differ widely in fit, not to mention between models. And if you've feet that fit Jackson wide fitting, you're unlikely to be very happy in Edea! Why do you feel the need to change? Is it for fit or fashion?

spinningdancer

Rinkside
With Edea, you're probably looking at at least a D width, possibly E. Edea can be molded and expanded quite a bit when in the right hands, but if you don't have a skate shop near you, that can make it more complicated. Edea also will just fit differently in general, since they're designed to be looser at the top.