Takahito Mura | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Takahito Mura

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Taka on his silver at Coupe de Printemps. I'm sure it wasn't quite the skate he was hoping for, but I hope that he is somewhat happy with it. Didn't realize that in the SP he came really, really close to the wall on his 4T and popped it because of that. So glad he didn't hurt himself...We still love you Taka! :luv17:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Taka. Can it really be?! A beautiful costume?! Also really love his new curly hairstyle. And Charlie will give him a great choreography. Sounds like he's off to a good start to his season. Looking forward to his first event -- the U.S. Classic International, Sept. 14-17.

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Long time no talk, everyone!!! I hope everyone is doing well!!! :yahoo:
Very quickly, I wanted to share the video I created, a new EX for 2017-2018 of :love: MURA :love:!!

https://youtu.be/czGLbOAZtko

Takahito MURA 2017-2018 EX @ DOI2017
"Evermore" (from "Beauty and the Beast")
Music by Alan Menken | Lyrics by Tim Rice | Performed by Josh Groban | Choreographed by Isao Matsuura

Some of you may have seen this perfomance already from Dreams On Ice videos, but I've removed the commentary (although there was a lovely commentary by Kanako Murakami in the original footage!), adjusted the music quality and also added both English & Japanese lyrics. I translated Japanese lyrics myself so that it matches the wonderful choreography done by Mr. Isao Matsuura, who was in Disney On Ice before.

Takahito says when he saw the movie he was so moved by this song and its lyrics, so he felt strongly that he really wants to skate to this song. He also says that the costume is not done yet, so hopefully it will become more "Beast-like" when it's completed. :agree2:

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this new program... :love:
The theme really suits him very well and I can totally see that he is on fire already at this beginning of a new season, in both technical (beautiful jumps!) and artistic (very emotional performance) aspects!
I wish him all the GOOD LUCK at every upcoming events! :cheer: & I hope you guys enjoy this video!! :party2:

p.s. I'm still developing a new & better system for data analysis... (Thank god they didn't change the rules that much... otherwise I had to start all over again! :rolleye:) Hopefully it'll be completed before all the competitions start in this very important Olympic season!! ;)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^:thank: Geek on Ice! Love seeing the lyrics on the screen. What a beautiful, heartfelt performance from Taka! The new him? New hairstyle, new subdued costume, new emotional depth. This is SUCH an important season for him. Although I have a soft spot in my heart for Keiji, I have a feeling this may be Taka's last chance for the Olympics. What a season this is going to be!

Welcome back! :ghug:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
GOI!!! WOOT!!!! welcome back!

Taka's jumps here are so high and easy! That 3A!!!! WOW!!!!

What a year ahead of us!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Long time no talk, everyone!!! I hope everyone is doing well!!! :yahoo:
Very quickly, I wanted to share the video I created, a new EX for 2017-2018 of :love: MURA :love:!!

https://youtu.be/czGLbOAZtko

Takahito MURA 2017-2018 EX @ DOI2017
"Evermore" (from "Beauty and the Beast")
Music by Alan Menken | Lyrics by Tim Rice | Performed by Josh Groban | Choreographed by Isao Matsuura

Some of you may have seen this perfomance already from Dreams On Ice videos, but I've removed the commentary (although there was a lovely commentary by Kanako Murakami in the original footage!), adjusted the music quality and also added both English & Japanese lyrics. I translated Japanese lyrics myself so that it matches the wonderful choreography done by Mr. Isao Matsuura, who was in Disney On Ice before.

Takahito says when he saw the movie he was so moved by this song and its lyrics, so he felt strongly that he really wants to skate to this song. He also says that the costume is not done yet, so hopefully it will become more "Beast-like" when it's completed. :agree2:

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this new program... :love:
The theme really suits him very well and I can totally see that he is on fire already at this beginning of a new season, in both technical (beautiful jumps!) and artistic (very emotional performance) aspects!
I wish him all the GOOD LUCK at every upcoming events! :cheer: & I hope you guys enjoy this video!! :party2:

p.s. I'm still developing a new & better system for data analysis... (Thank god they didn't change the rules that much... otherwise I had to start all over again! :rolleye:) Hopefully it'll be completed before all the competitions start in this very important Olympic season!! ;)

Great job on the video!:2thumbs: Love it! Thank you so much for all your hard work. Wishing Mura an injury free, enjoyable, and successful season!

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Awww! Thank you everyone!! :thank:

Love seeing the lyrics on the screen. What a beautiful, heartfelt performance from Taka! The new him? New hairstyle, new subdued costume, new emotional depth. This is SUCH an important season for him. Although I have a soft spot in my heart for Keiji, I have a feeling this may be Taka's last chance for the Olympics.

Oh I'm so glad to hear that! Yes, I also felt that something is new & different about Takahito, in a very good way!
He himself was saying that he 'thinks' this could be his last chance at trying for the Olympics. (He hasn't really said anything about the retirement yet though, 'phew' for now...)

> new subdued costume

Well... let's not get too excited about this just yet. He said, I repeat, "the costume is not done yet"... lol :scard8:
(Actually I'm not worried about this one, the new Phantom costume is the one I'm worried... half jacket? Hmmmmmmm...:scratch3:)
Did you see the photo of Shoma & Keiji & Kazuki & Takahito playing Mario together at DOI backstage in Yukata? How cute they were!!! :luv17:

Taka's jumps here are so high and easy! That 3A!!!! WOW!!!!

I know neither of us are a huge fan of Mr. Groban... Ahem...:shock2: But I have to admit Takahito's performance made me LOVE this SONG. :eek::

Takahito says he's been re-working on his muscle design on his upper body so he can rotate faster in the air... and I see that it's coming along really nicely! (The landing seems to be a lot lighter than before too!) I hear Patrick is going for 4F, eh? How exciting!!
Takahito will join Patrick at Skate Canada! (Shoma too!) It will be a great competition!! :hap93:

Great job on the video!:2thumbs: Love it! Thank you so much for all your hard work. Wishing Mura an injury free, enjoyable, and successful season!

Thank you!! I know... I think "injury free" is the most important thing for Takahito, as that was something he had to fight past couple of years... But as I said above, he's a lot leaner this season that hopefully means less stress & impact on his legs/knees/feet so I'm sure he'll stay healthy!! :agree2:

And I send the same wishes to your man, Yuzuru!! It's an important season for him as well, trying for his 2nd gold medal at Olympics. In interviews etc, Takahito ALWAYS talks about how Yuzuru has been an inspiration for him, technically & mentally. It's so wonderful to see skaters helping and respecting one another... :ghug:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh I'm so glad to hear that! Yes, I also felt that something is new & different about Takahito, in a very good way!
He himself was saying that he 'thinks' this could be his last chance at trying for the Olympics. (He hasn't really said anything about the retirement yet though, 'phew' for now...)

> new subdued costume

Well... let's not get too excited about this just yet. He said, I repeat, "the costume is not done yet"... lol :scard8:
(Actually I'm not worried about this one, the new Phantom costume is the one I'm worried... half jacket? Hmmmmmmm...:scratch3:)
Did you see the photo of Shoma & Keiji & Kazuki & Takahito playing Mario together at DOI backstage in Yukata? How cute they were!!! :luv17:

:laugh2: Ok, I was trying to think positively on the costumes. We won't be able to rest until he actually comes out on the rink. I am really looking forward to seeing him at Skate Canada. Hopefully we will all have a positive reaction to the costumes!...They were really funny with those games, and the INTENSITY in their faces. I had the feeling that if there had been a massive earthquake, they would have continued with their games. So funny!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I watched Mura's new EX today as it was broadcast on national TV. It was really heartfelt, and I loved it. His expression and movement have gotten more free and soulful these last few seasons. Best wishes for his health to stay good throughout the season.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The season isn't going smoothly for Takahito unfortunately, but his hair is still on point :luv17:

Hope FS will be better today :cheer:

livetoskate

On the Ice
Here's the Japanese men's victory ceremony, where Takahito Mura looks thrilled, and Shoma Uno looks surprisingly weepy and sort of miserable at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKxpzD12psY

Latest article about Takahito's feelings about nationals and missing the Olympics (although I still hold out a little hope that he may be called, since he's the alternate).

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/column/figurekoi/news/201712300000099.html

It's in Japanese, but here's a (poorly) translated quote: In the meaning of the Olympics there is no next. There is regret, but going to the Olympics is my goal. I was happy to have this day.

livetoskate

On the Ice
It's been a mostly rough season for Takahito Mura, and he only came in 12th at the Four Continents. His best performances were at the Japanese nationals in December. But he's still practicing and trying to keep his spirits up as alternate to the Olympics and Worlds. I hope he doesn't retire on a down note and continues on at least another year. The sport has gotten even more difficult during his competitive years. If his quads aren't as reliable now, I would love for him to get better levels on his footwork and spins.

For example, this was an awesome FS with 2 quad toes and just a couple of small errors, yet he came in 4th at the Asian World Games last year.

https://youtu.be/lENuXL3uizs

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's been a mostly rough season for Takahito Mura, and he only came in 12th at the Four Continents. His best performances were at the Japanese nationals in December. But he's still practicing and trying to keep his spirits up as alternate to the Olympics and Worlds. I hope he doesn't retire on a down note and continues on at least another year. The sport has gotten even more difficult during his competitive years. If his quads aren't as reliable now, I would love for him to get better levels on his footwork and spins.

For example, this was an awesome FS with 2 quad toes and just a couple of small errors, yet he came in 4th at the Asian World Games last year.

https://youtu.be/lENuXL3uizs

I really do hope he is continuing to practice and work hard! Knowing him, he is! I agree that he had a bit of a tough season. I saw him at Sk Can, and it would have been great if he could have had a confidence-builder season opening. Better footwork and spins would be great!...I'll really miss him if he retires! :gaah:

livetoskate

On the Ice
With some talk about Yuzuru's ankle not being fully healed, I'm thinking Takahito Mura has a better chance of heading to Worlds. Yuzuru has his 2 Olympic gold medals and needs to heal up fully if he really wants to attempt any quad axels! Mura did not end the Four Continents on a good note, so if he is retiring, I would love for him to have a shot at worlds and do a great performance there.