Takahito Mura | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Takahito Mura

livetoskate

On the Ice
Too bad all the tickets to the world championship men's and ladies' free skates are sold out now. Guess I'll enjoy worlds from the comfort of my living room. No news from Mura's FB fanpage since 4 Continents.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder though if at some point there might be a mass selling of tickets if certain people don't participate?

livetoskate

On the Ice
I wonder though if at some point there might be a mass selling of tickets if certain people don't participate?

I was thinking of that but it seems a little risky to buy a ticket from a total stranger by mail. I live in the eastern part of the US, and the flights & time change, plus my work and family obligations, make it all tough to travel to Milan alone. *sigh* Just enjoying all the skating through TV and the internet for now, although Skate America, Skate Canada, and the Grand Prix Final are possible travel destinations.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Nah I don't think so. There will be a lot of big names at Worlds and I know if I had planned a trip to Milan I would not cancel it for any reason except death (mine).

Seems like it is pretty much a given that Yuzu won't be there. It will be great to see Mura! I felt bad that he did not make the Olympic Team.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was thinking of that but it seems a little risky to buy a ticket from a total stranger by mail. I live in the eastern part of the US, and the flights & time change, plus my work and family obligations, make it all tough to travel to Milan alone. *sigh* Just enjoying all the skating through TV and the internet for now, although Skate America, Skate Canada, and the Grand Prix Final are possible travel destinations.

I'm going no matter what. But for Sk Can this season, I bought my ticket from someone here on GS who was selling. She lived in Japan. I paid her by Pay Pal, and it worked out fine...The time change always just about kills me when going to Europe, but I've gone 2 years in a row and have enjoyed it SO much. Maybe Sk Can 2018 in the Montreal area will be a good bet for you since you're in the east. And last year's Sk Can lineup was awesome! In fact, Mura was there!!!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nah I don't think so. There will be a lot of big names at Worlds and I know if I had planned a trip to Milan I would not cancel it for any reason except death (mine).

Seems like it is pretty much a given that Yuzu won't be there. It will be great to see Mura! I felt bad that he did not make the Olympic Team.

I would lose quite a bit of money if I cancelled, so I'll go no matter what! I figure even if I would go and skip certain disciplines, I would do some sightseeing in Milan. Nothin' bad about that!

livetoskate

On the Ice
If anyone is around Tokyo, Takahito will be having a talk show with Takahiko Kozuka at Ecco in the Ginza district. March 6 from 7-8pm. It was posted on his fan FB page. Looks like it's limited to the 1st 70 people who sign up to attend. I hope to hear news that Takahito will be competing at Worlds!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/fskating_Life/status/974504142654750722 Mura Takahito has announced retirement.
Thank you for being such a wonderful skater...and I'm looking forward to seeing you more and more in shows all over Japan. :clapper::sad21:

He is joining Mao's 'Thanks Tour' so we will see him skate again very soon.
Mao presented him with flowers when he announced his retirement to the press.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
As Interspectator posted already, Takahito Mura has announced his retirement.
Being a huge :love: Takahito Fan :love:, I know I should be saying something wonderful to thank him and to celebrate his new exciting stage of his life as a professional skater, but right now... I am just... :sad4:https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/974511233046011905

My feeling exactly;;; :(:(:( though of course part of me knew this was coming when Kazuki was named to the team for the Worlds over him...

Katie J

On the Ice
No, please no !..... was my first thought when I read this morning: "Mura retired". I felt a little pain in my heart. Wish him all the best for his pro career !

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
all the best to Takahito for his pro career. Hope he has much fun touring with Mao and doing other shows. Hopefully he can coach too? I know he said he wants to help next gen of Japanese skaters and he has a very good eye, he is the one who helped Shoma acquiring 4T.

I saw him live at French GP two year ago and his skating really stood out to me, he was wonderful. I hope he can show it in shows for many years just like other Japanese skaters like Nobu or Akiko have been doing! :love:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Sad to hear about Mura's retirement. I wish him the best and I'm glad we can watch him on ice soon.

Geek On Ice

On the Ice
Awww. I can cry all over again reading wonderful comments about Takahito from you guys... :sad21::sad4:

Anyway... The official FUJI TV Skating LINE account has posted a short VIDEO MESSAGE FROM TAKAHITO MURA to his fans.
It's in Japanese, but I translated into English below. The sound may be turned off at first, if so, click on the speaker icon.

VIDEO LINK: https://timeline.line.me/post/_dS4MXuIHyIUa88R9rJuhpDQdewztu19piTpYW10/1152121109105066056

"I really think, because of your support, I was able to compete for 24 years. Thank you so much.

Even until the very end, I was struggling to achieve good results, so some fans may have been frustrated, but still, there were many fans who supported me always, saying that they just love to see me skate. I really appreciate it.

From now on, it won't be in the form of competing anymore, but as a professional skater, I'd like to give something back to the sport of figure skating as much as possible, so please come to a rink again. Thank you!"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Awww. I can cry all over again reading wonderful comments about Takahito from you guys... :sad21::sad4:

Anyway... The official FUJI TV Skating LINE account has posted a short VIDEO MESSAGE FROM TAKAHITO MURA to his fans.
It's in Japanese, but I translated into English below. The sound may be turned off at first, if so, click on the speaker icon.

VIDEO LINK: https://timeline.line.me/post/_dS4MXuIHyIUa88R9rJuhpDQdewztu19piTpYW10/1152121109105066056

"I really think, because of your support, I was able to compete for 24 years. Thank you so much.

Even until the very end, I was struggling to achieve good results, so some fans may have been frustrated, but still, there were many fans who supported me always, saying that they just love to see me skate. I really appreciate it.

From now on, it won't be in the form of competing anymore, but as a professional skater, I'd like to give something back to the sport of figure skating as much as possible, so please come to a rink again. Thank you!"

Geek, you are the first person I thought of when I heard the retirement news. Hugs to you :ghug:. And lots of respect to Mura :bow:.

Thank you for the translation.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Thank you for translation! I will miss him na his glorious hair in competetive world :(

Btw. I wish he would give advice to Shoma on hair, the kid is hopeless! (Well, not a kid so much anymore, but still)

http://figureskating-in-color.tumbl...a-thank-you-for-being-a-great-skater-and-most Here's a tribute sketch for Mura that I made today. This is just the beginning...:ghug:

Your drawings are always so beautiful! :love:

livetoskate

On the Ice

Nice to hear the memories. I didn't realize Misha Ge and Takahito Mura went way back! I guess especially for the male skaters, they really grow up together no matter what countries they skate for. And what's this mention of "kids"? I though Mura only had one daughter? This is kind of sad to see skaters' careers through the years and see them grow up as full fledged adults, leaving the competitive world! Makes us feel old. :) Mura isn't active on Instagram so I wonder if he will see Misha's heartfelt message.

Mura happened to peak in the wrong years. I wish he had stayed in to compete at worlds but alas, from the reports, he was having a difficult time landing his quad toes all season. Here's one of his best performances, the short program at 2016 where he was 1st (but then messed up in the free)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBb2oo7bKPg

and his best performance this season at Japanese nationals last December:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PtHlOX1nA&t=36s

Recent youtube video recapping his career (I think) in Japanese:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO691y28Z6o&t=18s

Hopefully, there will be videos of the Mao Thanks Tour on youtube later!