Takeshi Honda | Golden Skate

Takeshi Honda

ceg15

On the Ice
What's going on with Takeshi? I know he didn't do too great at Skate Canada-he placed 7th or 8th I think. Whats happenned to him, or what is happenning to him?

pollyls

Rinkside
:) He won Japanese Nationals, but I don't know specifically how he did. When I tried to open the .pdfs containing the judges' marks, my browser told me I didn't have the Japanese character set...
Maybe somebody else can read and report on his scores?

Linny

Final Flight
Character Set

You may choose "cancel" when it asks you if you want to install the Japanese character set. The results should display for you OK without that... at least the results pointed to from the link in the Events Folder under the subject line "Japanese Nationals".

Honda did win with a total score of 199 and change.

Linny

ceg15

On the Ice
Thanks! So he will be going to Worlds.... I feel bad for him-He's sortof gone down since he got 3rd at the Worlds awhile back. Does anyone know the other Grand Prix event he did along with Skate Canada this year and how he did and how many points he earned? I trained at Mariposa in Barrie Ontario this summer where he trains with Doug Leigh and thought he was looking great but obviously once again nerves and consistency is a factor.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
ceg15 said:
Does anyone know the other Grand Prix event he did along with Skate Canada this year and how he did and how many points he earned?
He did NHK, and earned at total of 182.84, compared to 166.09 at NHK. He came in 5th in the SP and 8th in the LP in each. Both programs included downgraded jumps: Only one combo (3F/2T) and a popped Axel in SC, and a 2T, 2S, and 1Lo in NHK, but two combos (3F/2T and 3A/2T). No quad attempts that I could see.

The details are listed at:

SC: http://www.isufs.org/results/gpcan04/index.htm

NHK: http://www.isufs.org/results/gpjpn04/index.htm