Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 295 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

mhelliknee

Rinkside
The choice to feel embarrassed is entirely yours and not my problem, sorry.

As for the rest, I am glad we are beginning to understand each other; time will tell to what extent. This is a fan thread. Are you accusing me of being too much of a fan?

:laugh: There you go again- putting words in other people's mouths! My issue is with you pretending you speak on behalf of all of us fans. No one appointed you. All I'm saying is I don't share your sentiment and I don't appreciate you pretending to "ask forgiveness" (gag me) on behalf of everyone. Especially when it's written like that "touching" letter above. Yikes.

eli60056

On the Ice
:laugh: There you go again- putting words in other people's mouths! My issue is with you pretending you speak on behalf of all of us fans. No one appointed you. All I'm saying is I don't share your sentiment and I don't appreciate you pretending to "ask forgiveness" (gag me) on behalf of everyone. Especially when it's written like that "touching" letter above. Yikes.

Heh, and here I was beginning to think that you understood me. Ah, well, too bad. But your self exclusion was dully noted, by me, and I hope, by everyone interested enough.

TatiMax

On the Ice
The only thing embarrassing is the delusions in this post. What century are you living in? The dark ages? Women don't exist just to have babies, and who are you to tell them what to do with their personal lives?

I'm glad my fandom and mental well-being and stability don't hinge on whether they've "proven" themselves to me enough or won enough for my satisfaction on a given day.

To hear people speak, you'd think they were dead and buried, not that they had won Europeans just a few months ago and skated a stunning short program with some minor errors just one day before. Every athlete only wishes they were V/T and had 1-2 career finishes their entire career including performing under pressure at the highest levels, during the Olympics, instead of peaking mid-quad every cycle and then melting down in the moments that count.

Years from now, everyone will always remember V/T as 2-time Olympic Champions regardless of whatever else they do, and no one will remember x time World Champion. I'm grateful for every program they choose to give us and the privilege of witnessing the rare chemistry and artistry they bring to pairs skating.

I post angry posts after competitions then fine they will not die over unknown posters in unknown forum!!!They are professional skaters and they know fans are silly.
So why don't you calm down they skate on ice we aren't discussing life or death!! An ice competition happened last week there is no need to start our church and worship them for God's sake the @@@@ is going on!!!

borzaya

Final Flight
:rolleye: That's the most melodramatic "fan letter" I've ever seen. I hope your deities will forgive us all for our grave sins against them. May we not suffer eternal damnation! Praise be unto them. Amen.

But seriously, please don't post this on their Instagram. It's just a wee bit over-the-top.

I'll tell you just one thing. Haters and trolls never care about them being over-the-top (especially, as eli rightly noted, at the Russian forums, many of which are hardly moderated at all). So excuse us fans of getting, for a change, a bit over-the-top, too. :rolleye:

saray

Rinkside
10x for the message for tat and max eli60056; is so beautiful written and so true.
I post angry posts after competitions then fine they will not die over unknown posters in unknown forum!!!They are professional skaters and they know fans are silly.
So why don't you calm down they skate on ice we aren't discussing life or death!! An ice competition happened last week there is no need to start our church and worship them for God's sake the @@@@ is going on!!!
you are; you sent them to retirement and make babies; i prefer to start a church and worship them than recommend in a rude manner to retire or enlarge the family;

TatiMax

On the Ice
10x for the message for tat and max eli60056; is so beautiful written and so true.

you are; you sent them to retirement and make babies; i prefer to start a church and worship them than recommend in a rude manner to retire or enlarge the family;

Humour.
Because they said it when interviewed after SP.
I told you I curse after competitions to feel good.
no one worships them no one hates them they are skaters Can we close this stupid discussion and enjoy figure skating?

aceiel

Rinkside
...anyway, lets try and lighten the mood!

what programs would you all like to see Tatiana and Maxim doing next? We all know they like to change their themes every year to something completely different, and I love to wonder about what they could potentially do for future programs :)

kinoriH

Final Flight

what programs would you all like to see Tatiana and Maxim doing next? We all know they like to change their themes every year to something completely different, and I love to wonder about what they could potentially do for future programs :)

I know they always say that they try to stay away from classical music so they can come up with unique and different themes (especially for the SP) but I'd looove to see their Rachmaninoff EX as a SP. It still gives me goosbumps.

eli60056

On the Ice

I would really love to see a tango.

I want to see how they would interpret Carmen.

kinoriH

Final Flight
I would really love to see a tango.

I want to see how they would interpret Carmen.

omg. Tango was like my 2nd pick.
I'm not really a fan of Carmen programs (with the exception of V/M), but Tango will be epic if it's well choreographed. They might melt the ice with their chemistry.

kinoriH

Final Flight
their blues program had some sort of freedom to it, unlike the Tango which is sharp, tight and requires more posture. We all know they can be very sensual on the ice and yet elegant. the secret with Tango is making the audience believe there's a sexual tension between a man and a woman, but not in a cheap way. it needs to be very mature.

imagine the costumes! :love::love::hap93:

Sfey

On the Ice
It's difficult music to interpret, but I'd love to see them skate to Barber's Adagio for Strings.

I know they prefer dramatic music for programs, but I'd like to see them skate to something airy and lyrical. I think they have the skills and the chemistry to skate to music like that without being boring.

On the contemporary music side, I've often wondered if they could turn their 'Somebody To Die For' exhibition into a competitive program.

kinoriH

Final Flight
On the contemporary music side, I've often wondered if they could turn their 'Somebody To Die For' exhibition into a competitive program.

it's a gorgeous exhibition, but isn't it a bit too much D/R? the whole trend of skating to a full song with lyrics.. I think they're way better than that.. but who knows!

aceiel

Rinkside
It's difficult music to interpret, but I'd love to see them skate to Barber's Adagio for Strings.

I know they prefer dramatic music for programs, but I'd like to see them skate to something airy and lyrical. I think they have the skills and the chemistry to skate to music like that without being boring.

Adagio for Strings would be mighty difficult, but it's exactly the sort of program I could see them do so, so effectively (like Gordeeva and Grinkov with Moonlight Sonata!). Maxim showed great potential with Maria for songs like that when he skated to Welcome Home in 2008-09, you could just imagine how emotional it would be with Tatiana :drama: That's what I love about them, even with the most difficult and slow pieces you could still imagine them creating beautiful programs to because of their sheer experience and variety. Innovation is certainly their strongest point and editing bits and pieces of their programs to different styles music has really shown me they could pretty much skate to anything (well, within reason... god forbid the day any skater ends up using noise music! :rofl:).

Sfey

On the Ice
it's a gorgeous exhibition, but isn't it a bit too much D/R? the whole trend of skating to a full song with lyrics.. I think they're way better than that.. but who knows!

Maybe. I'd prefer D/R not to have the monopoly on music with lyrics though. :p

One thing I do think D/R do well is choose crowd pleasing music, and as we saw at Worlds, crowd response can be a big influence on how the program is perceived by the judges. I actually really love 'Home Town Glory' as a song and I'd like to see V/T interpret something by Adele, but that would be seen as copying D/R now.

I guess I'd like to see V/T try something completely different from what they've done before. They did it this season with the Bollywood program, and they Dracula program had a lot of interesting moments in it. I love the moment where Maxim skates really close to the ice and Tanya lies across him, what's that called? It looks really unique.

They seem to try out new styles more often in the SP, all their SPs are very different. I'd like to see them try a very different style in the FS as well.

On a side note, maybe experimenting artistically is how they can motivate themselves from now on. They're not as motivated by a need for medals since they have everything, so maybe they focus their energies on creating new and innovative programs.

kinoriH

Final Flight

One thing I do think D/R do well is choose crowd pleasing music, and as we saw at Worlds, crowd response can be a big influence on how the program is perceived by the judges. I actually really love 'Home Town Glory' as a song and I'd like to see V/T interpret something by Adele, but that would be seen as copying D/R now.

V/T used 'skyfall' by Adele as an exhibition program in 2013-14, so I don't think there's a problem with them "stealing" D/R favotire artist. lol

Sfey

On the Ice
Adagio for Strings would be mighty difficult, but it's exactly the sort of program I could see them do so, so effectively (like Gordeeva and Grinkov with Moonlight Sonata!). Maxim showed great potential with Maria for songs like that when he skated to Welcome Home in 2008-09, you could just imagine how emotional it would be with Tatiana :drama: That's what I love about them, even with the most difficult and slow pieces you could still imagine them creating beautiful programs to because of their sheer experience and variety. Innovation is certainly their strongest point and editing bits and pieces of their programs to different styles music has really shown me they could pretty much skate to anything (well, within reason... god forbid the day any skater ends up using noise music! :rofl:).

:agree:

For me, what sets V/T apart from the other top pairs is their connection to each other and to the music. If they interpret Adagio like they did Violin Muse (which was also difficult music), then it could be absolutely spellbinding. I'm getting chills just thinking about it!

eli60056

On the Ice

I guess I'd like to see V/T try something completely different from what they've done before. They did it this season with the Bollywood program, and they Dracula program had a lot of interesting moments in it. I love the moment where Maxim skates really close to the ice and Tanya lies across him, what's that called? It looks really unique.

They seem to try out new styles more often in the SP, all their SPs are very different. I'd like to see them try a very different style in the FS as well.

On a side note, maybe experimenting artistically is how they can motivate themselves from now on. They're not as motivated by a need for medals since they have everything, so maybe they focus their energies on creating new and innovative programs.

Um, not trying to decrease DR's glory moment or anything, but 50% of the crowd in Boston was Canadian, as in they have come especially from Canada to support their athletes, as many of the people I talked to told me there. They would have responded to any music as long as Canadians were interpreting it on the ice.

Last edited: