Tatsuki Machida | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Tatsuki Machida

ioanna

Record Breaker
I think Tatsuki knows he has a chance to not just medal but to win. I hope he takes it. Imo, if he's clean, I think that would be enough (Javi rarely skates a clean LP, and Yuzuru might not be up to the task yet, physically or mentally).

ITA. I think he's very aware of it, which puts a lot of pressure on him. He proved he can deliver under pressure (Words SP + LP) so he can do it, but if he doesn't it's only going to be due to his own insecurities.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
ITA. I think he's very aware of it, which puts a lot of pressure on him. He proved he can deliver under pressure (Words SP + LP) so he can do it, but if he doesn't it's only going to be due to his own insecurities.
For a long time, Tatsuki was kinda buried under the numerous talented Japanese men. I think--maybe for the first time?--he controls his own destiny this season. Maybe he realized this at TEB and the pressure got to him. I hope he's gotten used to it now. :) It's time to be frontrunner, Tatsuki, not an underdog.

ioanna

Record Breaker
For a long time, Tatsuki was kinda buried under the numerous talented Japanese men. I think--maybe for the first time?--he controls his own destiny this season. Maybe he realized this at TEB and the pressure got to him. I hope he's gotten used to it now. :) It's time to be frontrunner, Tatsuki, not an underdog.

Not only that, he was also infamous for bombing his programs even though his skating showed potential. He only managed to get those quads down after he started training with Anthony Liu (and he was already 21 years old by then) and he's been making huge progress ever since. He will soon turn 25 and it's truly remarkable how he seems to be getting better with age, especially from a technical point of view.

iceberg

On the Ice
I know I shouldn't betray Javi in his moment of need, but a part of me will be absolutely thrilled if Tatsuki wins this. Mainly because his Skate America performances are (still) hands down the best SP, LP, and overall performances of the men's field so far this year. Nothing else comes close.

100% Agree. His Symphony No.9 in particular which is my most favorite had set this season so high that its almost on a league of its own choreography and artistry wise.

iceberg

On the Ice
I think Tatsuki knows he has a chance to not just medal but to win. I hope he takes it. Imo, if he's clean, I think that would be enough (Javi rarely skates a clean LP, and Yuzuru might not be up to the task yet, physically or mentally).

Minus the home buff. :)

iceberg

On the Ice
The truth is i have the time to watch the SP live online in the next 2 hours but I have decided not to. I have not watched live online the SA both SP and LP, and I have watched live online the TEB both SP and LP so there is that difference.

I hope it works. :)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I know I shouldn't betray Javi in his moment of need, but a part of me will be absolutely thrilled if Tatsuki wins this. Mainly because his Skate America performances are (still) hands down the best SP, LP, and overall performances of the men's field so far this year. Nothing else comes close.

I also feel that I shouldn't betray Yuzu, but Tatsuki's programs this season (especially the FS) are the most beautiful ones I've seen since Lambiel's.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Y'know, I never thought anyone could make such a piece like Ode to Joy work in a skating program... Tatsuki proved me wrong.

The truth is i have the time to watch the SP live online in the next 2 hours but I have decided not to. I have not watched live online the SA both SP and LP, and I have watched live online the TEB both SP and LP so there is that difference.

I hope it works. :)
In that case, I should watch the SP live and skip the free. (What I did for SA). I watched everything live in TEB, and...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Yes, I think too, he has chance to win. I hope he can do it he will be mentally strong.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Tatsuki's performance brought me close to tears. How could something be so beautiful? Maybe he didn't play the numbers game well enough, but in my heart, he won the night. Though he's behind quite a bit, I think he can still win.

(If you'd told me circa. Sochi Olympics that I would become such a huge fan of Tatsuki Machida in less than year, I would've told you you're crazy. :laugh:)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I keep repeating myself, but this SP is sublime...it looks like he's flying! I'm sorry for that mistake. Still, lovely to watch.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Honestly, I'm relieved. Relieved because I was still having bitter 2013 GPF flashbacks when he bombed the SP to the point where he could not podium whatever he did in the FS. He's obviously still struggling with insecurities but he's come a long way. He is absolutely gorgeous.

iceberg

On the Ice
I would just like to requote my post on the GPF thread:

My gosh his 3Lz was even a bit off the circle, and his 3T at the end of it slightly underrotated and falls but sill managed to set a new seasons best. Besting a superb clean SP of Tatsuki in SA.

TBH I don't know if I'll be ever watching competitions anymore. I guess I will just have to wait for the videos and just watch and enjoy Tatsuki's performances. Nothing left in this sports but just a bunch of questions.

ioanna

Record Breaker
I would just like to requote my post on the GPF thread:

TBH I don't know if I'll be ever watching competitions anymore. I guess I will just have to wait for the videos and just watch and enjoy Tatsuki's performances. Nothing left in this sports but just a bunch of questions.

I thought Tatsuki's quad did not have enough height so that's probably the reason why his 3T was rather forced. But his 3A and last-few-seconds 3Lz were great so the rest was up to the judges / judging system. Tatsuki knows he has to go clean if he wants to win.

iceberg

On the Ice
I thought Tatsuki's quad did not have enough height so that's probably the reason why his 3T was rather forced. But his 3A and last-few-seconds 3Lz were great so the rest was up to the judges / judging system. Tatsuki knows he has to go clean if he wants to win.

I guess the pressure also got him. Oh well i wont be surprised if Yuzuru falls 6x tomorrow but still wins. lol

ioanna

Record Breaker
I guess the pressure also got him.

Since he has a history of bombing his SP at the GPF, he held it together quite well today. There's still tomorrow and I hope he will give us a clean, powerful Symphony no 9.

firal

Record Breaker
Yes, I think he is in a perfect position to take gold with a great no.9 tomorrow. He is within reach and without any pressure or media attention that had proved to be so distracting. And I am sure the Spanish crowd would clap along with the music to help him on. :biggrin: