The 2022 Four National Championships | Golden Skate

The 2022 Four National Championships

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Four National Championships will take place Dec 16-18, 2021, in Spišská Nová Ves, Slovakia. The event includes the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia. The results are split by country; the three highest-placing skaters from each country form their national podiums in each discipline.

Senior – Men, Ladies, Pairs and Ice Dance
Junior – Pairs and Ice Dance

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivana

On the Ice
I will be really surprised if it takes place. Slovakia is in second week of lockdown right now and even if it gets lifted until then the east of the country is the worst affected due to poor status of vaccination and likely to remain in the "black phase" which means a lot of restrictions.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Me too. I just wanted to post all Nationals just in case!

icetug

Medalist
I sent an email last week asking for a stream. Hope to have an answer soon!
It's a message from the official site (google translated :)):

LIVE TRANSMISSION FROM THE COMPETITION

Due to the unfavorable pandemic situation, the championships will have to take place without the participation of spectators. However, this does not mean that you will not be able to see the sports performances of our and foreign representatives. Throughout the competition, it will be possible to watch live broadcasts on the YouTube channel SKrZ:

YouTube kanáli SKrZ

VickB

On the Ice
I think this group has a strong and talented team... Good for Europe 👍😘

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Music issues for the host country's only representatives in the Junior Ice Dance.

They kept attempting to play "Sign Of The Times" by Harry Styles instead of the actual music, which was a medley of "Le Freak, C'est Chic" by Chic, a really slowed down "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson, and "Gotta Go Home" by Boney M!

Bit of a difference(!) :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:laugh:

We finished Group 1 with Boney M, and we start Group 2 with more Boney M!

That said, it was only brief as it soon turned into Spandau Ballet's "True", before finishing with "Disco Inferno" from the Tramps.

Daniel had a very strange fall. He was lucky not to bring his sister down with him.

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Darn .. looks like I just missed Jr ID. So this is an ice resurfacing break? Hopefully another event is starting soon?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from the Junior Dancers we move to the Senior Dancers. And I just noticed that we start the Seniors with the same country we finished the Juniors with - Hungary.

Livestream for Senior Short Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpMrvlCljKQ

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/upl...----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2021_2022/20211217_4na/SEG007.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Darn .. looks like I just missed Jr ID. So this is an ice resurfacing break? Hopefully another event is starting soon?

I don't really understand why it's such an early start today. All the action today is over before tea time. Yet tomorrow, they are starting 2h 45m later, and carrying on well into the evening. You would think that they would be starting earlier on the day that the Free Skates were being held, as the programmes are longer.

It is the same running order on both days, by the way.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...and then I look at the Coloured Time Schedule, and find that it is because of the Free Skate Practices. The Dancers and Men have their's tonight, while the Ladies and Pairs have their's tomorrow morning.

That explains everything.

I take it there is no separate practice rink, then.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Loved that Rihanna medley from Jenna HERTENSTEIN / Damian BINKOWSKI (POL).

I particularly love the way that it included "Pon De Replay". Even though it was a techno remix. Everybody seems to forget about her very early songs.

And I never thought of it before, but I now know that "Take A Bow" makes good skating music.

Now for their more high profile team-mates, in what is a Polish triple-bill.

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
One of the interesting aspects of Midnight Blues RDs for me is the variety of music choices.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So long since I last saw Natalia and Max. To be honest, I was starting to worry that they had retired.

That programme was great!!! I loved it!!! :rock:

Natalia and Max never cease to come up with something different.

Come on announcer! You aren't Dermot O'Leary on the X Factor! You don't have to have a long pause between starting to announce the results and actually revealing them!

Really missing having a results page with working live scoring.

CaroLiza_fan