The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 106 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is same judge. Do you really know about figure skating??

you didnt know that it is all same judge .....wow...

I got ripped during Euro's for saying the judge that showered Adelina with good marks and dinged Yulia was in fact the Russian judge. I was using your argument about column judge results. A few posters told me they were randomized and I went with it and never argued. Since you apparently know more
here Ill go ahead and yield.

verysmuchso

On the Ice
going back to a thought earlier, as much as i hate it - is there any way to PROVE beyond reasonable doubt that there was cheating/planned inflated scoring by the judges? We have evidence, but not PROOF. i.e., a judge's confession, e-mail/text exchanges, etc. what PROOF can we gather?

It may seem like I'm in it for Yuna from past posts but I really wouldn't "mind" Carolina winning - she just doesn't come up because she medaled bronze, but had it been silver all of this would be about Adelina vs Carolina. All I want is for the scoring to be appropriate and fair.

I mentioned before, literally everyone I've spoken with that isn't interested in figure skating simply assumes cheating went on. It's just not good for figure skating. I'll go as far as to say it would have been better for the figure skating world if Yuna had won.
In an ideal world, which is to say a world without the ISU as we know of, the results would be voided based on conflict of interest or other procedural impropriety alone. Another problem is the fans do not have any legal standing to challenge the judging in any formal way.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In an ideal world, which is to say a world without the ISU as we know of, the results would be voided based on conflict of interest or other procedural impropriety alone. Another problem is the fans do not have any legal standing to challenge the judging in any formal way.

Out of curiosity who then determines the rest of the events that will inevitably be deemed to be voided under such policy. Who is neutral enough to do this? Or do you propose just someone who agrees with you?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
wow. you mean seriously???

Ever since new judging system, It is same judge. If no.1 judges on Sot.'s protocol, It is same to yuNa and all the others.

you didnt know that and you watch figure skating and protocol?? for god sake

That's not true. The judges are randomized. You can't compare No. 1 judge for Adelina for No. 1 judge for Yuna.

The only case where they might be the same is if they are randomized as such. But there's no way of knowing that either.

However, it is the same judge for each column for each skater's protocal. So the scores in column one is from the same judge and the scores in column two is from a second judge, etc. etc.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
wow. you mean seriously???

Ever since new judging system, It is same judge. If no.1 judges on Sot.'s protocol, It is same to yuNa and all the others.

you didnt know that and you watch figure skating and protocol?? for god sake

I'm not trying to argue with you, it is an undisputed fact that what you are saying is false. Every long time poster here will correct you if you ask nicely. I'm trying to help you.

b-man

Final Flight
I understand If Russian judge just hugged Sot. BUT what about the judge from Finland???
Lol.

I read on some forum the judge from Finland was a former Russian, either skater or coach, who now lives in Finland. Little mystery that she also supported Sot in the judging, hence the hug.

yuki90

On the Ice
That's not true. The judges are randomized. You can't compare No. 1 judge for Adelina for No. 1 judge for Yuna.

The only case where they might be the same is if they are randomized as such. But there's no way of knowing that either.

However, it is the same judge for each column for each skater's protocal. So the scores in column one is from the same judge and the scores in column two is from a second judge, etc. etc.

No. it is true.

verysmuchso

On the Ice
Out of curiosity who then determines the rest of the events that will inevitably be deemed to be voided under such policy. Who is neutral enough to do this? Or do you propose just someone who agrees with you?
It's as simple as composing a panel that is not geographically slanted (in this case nearly 50% eastern bloc) with people with no known conflict of interest and have them reevalute the event based on videos. No one is talking about an unattainable goal of 100% neutrality. But, eliminating only very obvious risks for bias.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No. it is true.

No, it is not.

http://static.isu.org/media/79156/2012_specialregulations_technicalrules_singleandpair_icedance.pdf

Following each segment a printout "Judges' Details for each Skater",
which indicates the Base Values of all the elements and the GOE and
Points for the Program Components from every Judge will be issued.
For ISU Championships, Olympic Winter Games, Senior Grand Prix
of Figure Skating Events and Final, the Judges’ scores are listed in a
random sequence without any reference to specific Judges’ names
(anonymity)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

So can you look at Euro's Ladies FS for a second?
http://www.isuresults.com/results/ec2014/ec2014_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf
The judges for Adelina PCS and Yulia's are different. If I look at it from Yuki's way I could say the one judge loved Adelina and Hated Yulia. Or if I look at it your way the same judge is represented in a different column and not necessarily a russian propping Adelina as I once suspected.Does that make senses?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
in protocol, the judges number is fixed. Please.

you even lie over the fact.

Just to echo drivingmissdaisy and Mrs. P (two of our more knowledgeable posters), they are correct and you are incorrect. The judging is anonymous meaning there is no way to assign a face or name to any particular judge. The judge labeled Judge 3 on Adelina's score sheet is most likely not the same Judge 3 from Yu-Na's score sheet. The judges scores are given numbers and their order is randomized. In addition to that, 2 of the 9 judges' scores are randomly dropped, and then the high and low scores from the remaining scores are dropped as well.

FYI, if you are going to rant about something, you look like much less of a fool if you can rant competently. :sarcasm:

verysmuchso

On the Ice

burntBREAD

Medalist
I thought only two scores (the highest and lowest) were dropped, not four.

Regardless, yuki90, you are incredibly rude. Accusing people of lying, blasting people for not knowing details, etc. -- Who do you think you are? I'm not even part of this conversation but I was shocked at the last couple of pages in this thread! :disapp:

yuki90

On the Ice
Ok, I was incorrect but the thing is Some judges gave 156 and 157 to Sot.

and some gave 131 and 132 to YuNa. maybe these are not same judges but one thing is sure.

this is ridiculous.