The pooh hits 90! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The pooh hits 90!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
And now Brian is looking more and more like Pooh.

That's mean Meoima - meow! I have to say some of the cuteness of the Pooh is getting a little long in the tooth. Hanyu is a great skater but the Pooh thing and his animae kind of appearance is a bit freaky I am sure to some in the marketing world. Might be okay for the Hello Kitty fans but not going to be great for selling motorcycles, shaving cream lol.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What does this by the way have to do with skating - although I know because of his fans Hanyu will probably be drawn in still Pooh getting old has little to do with skating.

the pooh goes to many more ice rink than most people on this forum... among all of the "who is going to win" threads, I thought it would be refreshing and interesting.. and perhaps even educating for some figure skating fans to know the origin of Winnie the pooh... :slink:

if the moderators think it's out of place, they can move it somewhere else, i have no issue with this.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I have to say some of the cuteness of the Pooh is getting a little long in the tooth. Hanyu is a great skater but the Pooh thing and his animae kind of appearance is a bit freaky I am sure to some in the marketing world. Might be okay for the Hello Kitty fans but not going to be great for selling motorcycles, shaving cream lol.

:laugh2: :rofl:

Meoima

Match Penalty
That's mean Meoima - meow! I have to say some of the cuteness of the Pooh is getting a little long in the tooth. Hanyu is a great skater but the Pooh thing and his animae kind of appearance is a bit freaky I am sure to some in the marketing world. Might be okay for the Hello Kitty fans but not going to be great for selling motorcycles, shaving cream lol.
Oh please, to be called to look like one of the most adorable icons for children isn't offensive

kiches

Final Flight

That's okay, instead of selling motorcycles or shaving cream he can sell chocolate, gum, video games, pillows, and my personal favorite Amino Vital. He can even promote blood donation ;).

AnyaFei

On the Ice
That's okay, instead of selling motorcycles or shaving cream.

Why would he sell shaving creams???? He doesn't even have facial hair to begin with. :dance2::laugh2:

Anyway, Happy Birthday Pooh!

And as Kurt Browning said, "Don't forget Winnie the Pooh, he's always there too!".

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well... i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but when I did see Brian Orser, and the pooh box.. I thought Brian was incredibly gorgeous... those eyes... OMG :love:
And now Brian is looking more and more like Pooh.

Meoima

Match Penalty
well... i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but when I did see Brian Orser, and the pooh box.. I thought Brian was incredibly gorgeous... those eyes... OMG :love:
And I think Brian is looking cuter and cuter, just like Pooh.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Why would he sell shaving creams???? He doesn't even have facial hair to begin with. :dance2::laugh2:

Yuzu could promote feminine products and their sales would probably increase. :laugh: When you're a rockstar like he is, people will buy whatever he's selling.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Hanyu is the brand ambassador for the followings:
- Red Cross blood donation "Love in Action"
- Air Nippon Airways
- Phiten
- Bathclin #1, #2
- Nishikawa..more
- Amino Vital ..more
- Nintendo Monster Hunter 4G
- Ghana Chocholate...360deg
- Lotte Xylitol
- P&G

Alia, any idea what his net worth is? I've heard he's worth a fortune but I've never seen any actual numbers.

The camera just loves him. That commercial with him hugging those pillows -- absolutely brilliant. I need new pillows and those are the ones I want now! :laugh:

mcq

Record Breaker
When I checked this thread, before I opened it I initially thought it is a campaign to ban pooh from the sideboards ha ha ha :laugh2:

did xylitol sponsor his SP costume?

:eeking:

You know this is not so far-fetched looooooolllllll.. how come no one ever thought of this about his recent costume before :rofl:

Alia, any idea what his net worth is? I've heard he's worth a fortune but I've never seen any actual numbers.

The camera just loves him. That commercial with him hugging those pillows -- absolutely brilliant. I need new pillows and those are the ones I want now! :laugh:

Heard some gossips but nothing reported. Let's just say I would be a bit surprised if he is not already a millionaire by now.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
fair enough but just FYI :

Comparing a middle aged gay man to a bear is not a road I would suggest anyone takes. Labeling LGBTQ people on appearance is not cool.
And I think Brian is looking cuter and cuter, just like Pooh.

Meoima

Match Penalty
fair enough but just FYI :
Comparing a middle aged gay man to a bear is not a road I would suggest anyone takes. Labeling LGBTQ people on appearance is not cool.
What? saying some people as cute as Pooh bear isn't cool? Pooh is cute and loved by millions of people, how can anyone find it offensive.