These are what top 4 at Olympics should have been! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

These are what top 4 at Olympics should have been!

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Sasha isn't worth your time? Oh, really? Trashing Sasha seemed to be your main occupation on this board. (Lucky Sasha - now you've moved on to "FOURTEEN" year old Rachel and 13-year-old Caroline. :mad:)

Now in the same day you've offered two DIFFERENT interpretations of her costume change:

She doesn't EXPECT to medal
and
She thinks she doesn't DESERVE to medal

But you can't be bothered to look up the interview. Right. You can dish it out but you can't back it up.

What don't you get about it? Basically, she changed her dress because she herself felt that she did not give a performance that was worthy of a medal of any color. In other words, she didn't think that she deserved a medal and therefore did not expect the judges to GIFT her one. And no, I'm not digging though a zillion articles to find the exact quote, it has nothing to do with dishing it out or backing it up, and everything to do with the fact that my computer sucks and is useless and slow, and researching anything takes forever. But I am not backing down on my statements.

As for "trashing" the above mentioned skaters, saying that I don't like them is not trashing. If I wanted to trash them I'd tell you all EXACTLY what I think of them all instead of just saying that they are boring and overrated and do not interest me in the least. You can always PM me if you want my exact opinions on Sasha/Flatt/Caroline.

R.D.

Record Breaker
OK, let me get this straight. One of the aforementioned skaters is a has-been who's used up her 15 min. of fame, and the other two have yet to make primetime. Come on now.

ETA: ok, I guess only one. But still, she's much too young and has some growing to do. :yes:

Last edited:

Big Deal

Final Flight
I'm not agree with your order!
Mine was like as follows:

Ladies:
1. Arakawa
2. Suguri
3. Slutskaya.

Men:
1. Plushenko
2. Lambiel
3. Takahashi

Pairs:
1. Totmianina/Marinin
2.Shen/Zhao
3.Pang/Tong

Dance:
1. Denkova/Staviyski
2. Navka/Kostomarov
3.Delobel/Schönfelder

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I completely ditto that. I think Sasha also had a surprised face when she was announced the silver medalist over Irina. Since, in essence - Irina is a better skater than Sasha, and she knows it. Ah, and you could just tell by Arakawa's gorgeous expression after her scores were announced, that she was utterly shocked she won.
So Cohen's surprise that she won silver meant she was unworthy of the medal, but Arakawa's surprise that she won gold meant she was worthy of it? It seems to me that both were pleasantly surprised that the skaters that followed didn't surpass them.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
What don't you get about it? Basically, she changed her dress because she herself felt that she did not give a performance that was worthy of a medal of any color. In other words, she didn't think that she deserved a medal and therefore did not expect the judges to GIFT her one. And no, I'm not digging though a zillion articles to find the exact quote, it has nothing to do with dishing it out or backing it up, and everything to do with the fact that my computer sucks and is useless and slow, and researching anything takes forever. But I am not backing down on my statements.

:laugh: :laugh:

DD, I too remember the comment about Sasha changing out of her dress and I too will not dig it up... but like you, I too will probably feel the wrath of the Cohen fans because I remember the same as you... And that's ok. So is not liking every skater, regardless of their age... Just as long as you love :bow: Kwan:bow: ;)

But unlike you, I will not change my custom title because while skaters come & go - my shoes stay eternal...

The skate order for the last group was

Gedevanishvilli
Cohen
Arakawa
Suguri
Meissner
Slutskaya

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
The skate order for the last group was

Gedevanishvilli
Cohen
Arakawa
Suguri
Meissner
Slutskaya

WHAT?!?!? I'm wrong??? Moi, wrong??? Couldn't be true...

Alas, my age must be catching up with me... I apologize for passing along incorrect information on the internet... :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
^Me too, I blame it on the "youthful indiscretions of controlled substance abuse.":laugh: Hear that kids, just say no or it is SeaniBu brain for you.:eek:

Actually, it was widely conjectured that the skate order greatly influenced Team Arakawa's strategy. After Cohen took herself out of it they knew that a clean conservative skate by Shizuka would give Japan a medal (their only medal of the Games).

Therefore they could safely take out the triple-triples and be assured of getting second or third no matter what Slutskaya did.