TV Coverage - Jan. 12th | Golden Skate

TV Coverage - Jan. 12th

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
TV Schedule
2005 State Farm U.S. Championships
Jan. 12, 2004, 11 p.m.- 1 a.m. Eastern

Coverage of the 2005 State Farm U.S. Championships in Portland begins Jan. 12 on ESPN2. See your favorite stars like Michelle Kwan, Johnny Weir, and Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto fight for a spot on the World Team. Check your local listings.

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
SailorGalaxia518 said:
TV Schedule
2005 State Farm U.S. Championships
Jan. 12, 2004, 11 p.m.- 1 a.m. Eastern

Coverage of the 2005 State Farm U.S. Championships in Portland begins Jan. 12 on ESPN2. See your favorite stars like Michelle Kwan, Johnny Weir, and Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto fight for a spot on the World Team. Check your local listings.

Why the cheesy synopsis?

I just looked up skating on the on-line TV Guide Sports listings...I didn't see anything for Wed. the 12th...think I'll double check!

euterpe

Medalist
The USFS TV schedule can be very confusing.

To untangle the confusion:

Skating taped on January 12th will be shown on Thursday, January 13, ESPN2, from 11-1A, and will include the Pairs SP and the Dance OD.

Skating taped on January 13th will be shown on Friday, January 14, ESPN2, from 10:30-12:30, and will include the Ladies and Men's SPs.

On Saturday, January 15:

From 4-6 pm, there will be a mixture of tapes from the week, including the FD from the 14th, and the Men's FS will be shown Live (we will probably see only the final group starting about 5pm, as the competition starts at 2pm EST)

From 8-9:30 or so, we'll see tapes of the Ladies SP (again), and the Pairs FS, and then we'll see the last group of Ladies live (Ladies start skating at 7PM EST).

Red Dog said:
Kwan FIGHT for a spot? All she has to do to get one is to show up! :laugh:

It does seem like an unusual verb but when you think about Irina who is also fighting for a spot, it makes more sense. It's a slippery sport, as we know and these ladies have reputations to defend if not medals.

Joe

I found on the TV Guide listing an airing at 2:30pm Eastern on Friday Jan. 14....anybody else find that? I'm wondering if that is a mistake...but I'll set a tape just incase!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
NJSk8Fan said:
I found on the TV Guide listing an airing at 2:30pm Eastern on Friday Jan. 14....anybody else find that? I'm wondering if that is a mistake...but I'll set a tape just incase!

I believe that's a repeat of the January 13 airing. There also are repeats on Sunday January 16 (I'm not sure of the times off the top of my head, I know the first one though was supposed to be a repeat of the Jan. 13 airing as well, but it's only 90 minutes instead of 120 minutes.)

Thanks Purplecat! I'm glad it is a repeat...I prefer watching the competition when it airs and not later off tape...even tho some of what I'm watching is essentially taped and not live...2:30 is impossible time for me to sit and watch anything, I won't bother with setting the VCR since it's a repeat.