Used skating apparel? | Golden Skate

Used skating apparel?

gougehl

Spectator
My daughter is just starting figure skating. Anyone have any figure skating outfits she can use? Please message me if you do. She wears kids size XL or junior S, and prefers sleeveless outfits.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If you mean dresses, she doesn't need them yet, not for practice. No need to waste your money until you have to.

concorde

Medalist
My guess is your daughter is young. Most little girls want to wear PRACTICE dresses (leg warmers too) when they first start skating. I would ask around the rink to see if anyone has some used ones or you can purchase a new one through your local pro shop. Sometime rinks have fall/spring consignment sales where you can get them. In case that fails, check our Mondior's website. You want basic (no frills) dresses since she will want to wear them repeatedly which means you will need to wash them regularly.

When girls get a bit older, then they notice that only the little girls are in dresses; the older girls are in pants. So then dresses are out and pants are in.

Do not purchase a competition dress until you have spoken with your coach. Most coaches around here have a definite idea on what the outfit should look like - they want it to "meshes" with the selected music and choreography.