What Americans are likely to retire? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What Americans are likely to retire?

RABID

Final Flight
Wagner is a very strong, independent individual. I highly doubt she will base her retirement plan off of how another skater is doing. Although Ashley obviously wants to win, you can tell she truly loves skating for what it is. Also, Ashley is just getting into her groove. I highly doubt she will call it quits after this season. She will want to skate at Worlds in 2016 in front of the home crowd.

Love her attitude; the perfect person to lead the Americans in the team event. I have a feeling she is going to shine there.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://gazette.com/rachael-flatt-le...nationals/article/1511978#JRZPdt4udYz6hhfh.99

A surprise to nobody, but this article officially states that this will be Rachael's last season of competition.

She is excited to begin life after figure skating after about three years of battling injuries. She wants to enjoy this final season before she retires to focus on medical school.

"This is the first nationals I have gone into where I feel relaxed and can just have fun," she said.

It sounds like Rachael has a pretty healthy attitude toward her career and life in general. Sounds like she'll be doing some great things post-skating. Good for her.

Thanks Nigel for posting this elsewhere.