What has Tara Lipinski been up to? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What has Tara Lipinski been up to?

Actually, that show didn't tranport very well to the U.S. for some reason. The contestants always played the strategy of ganging up on the smartest person.

The effect was, when you got to the end, only the dumb ones were left and they couldn't answer enough questions to win any money to speak of. :)

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
Ironically, that Nickelodeon game show she used to be on was hosted by Summer Snaders, a former Olympic swimmer and the host of the American "Skating with Celebrities". Didn't Meredith Vieira host "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" when it went to daytime?

If Lipinski wants some media attention, maybe she ought to befriend Lohan, Spears, Hilton, and the gang. If she went partying with them, she could get some residual paparazzi attention and if she wore panties, kept her legs closed, and generally did not act like a drunken skank, she could win some positive attention for being "the classy one".

Jhar55

Medalist
No Chuckm, with that grin she has she looks like the Grinch :laugh:
That curled up smile and beedy eyes.
As far as hanging out with the likes of Paris Hilton and that crowd she much better off NOT.. Now IMO that's hollywood white trash....
Even though Tara has never been a favorite of mine I think she would
be good teaching young kids skating.

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
As far as hanging out with the likes of Paris Hilton and that crowd she much better off NOT.. Now IMO that's hollywood white trash....

Yes, I know. That's why she would look classy next to them. Then again, with that crowd, she might end up with a knife in her back. Then again, again, she was a figure skater, she should be used to the back-stabbing and know how to deal with it and perhaps even give a good fight back. Lipinski's popularity would probably skyrocket if she knocked Paris Hilton's block off in the middle of a club.

grnidgrl

Spectator
For Jimmy Hoffa

Alright, I never post, but that comment about hanging out with Paris, et al was so funny it made me laugh out loud.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Caveat: those girls (Paris, Lindsay et al) are TALL girls. They could stomp on 5' Tara like a bug, and drag her around by her hair extensions.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Yes, I know. That's why she would look classy next to them. Then again, with that crowd, she might end up with a knife in her back. Then again, again, she was a figure skater, she should be used to the back-stabbing and know how to deal with it and perhaps even give a good fight back. Lipinski's popularity would probably skyrocket if she knocked Paris Hilton's block off in the middle of a club.

She could whack her in the knee perhaps?! :biggrin:

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Actually, that show didn't tranport very well to the U.S. for some reason. The contestants always played the strategy of ganging up on the smartest person.

The effect was, when you got to the end, only the dumb ones were left and they couldn't answer enough questions to win any money to speak of. :)

To be fair its gotten a bit like that in the UK too. The celebrity ones where the money goes to charity are quite fun to watch.

Ant

R.D.

Record Breaker
Alright, I never post

You should. Don't worry, none of us bite (OK, maybe I do
diablotin.gif
)

soogar

Record Breaker
Caveat: those girls (Paris, Lindsay et al) are TALL girls. They could stomp on 5' Tara like a bug, and drag her around by her hair extensions.

Well Nicole Ritchie is tiny (5'2) and she can handle them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She COULD handle them. Then her anorexia took over. Now if one of them sneezed, Nicole would be laid out flat. But I understand Nicole doesn't run with that bunch any more.

soogar

Record Breaker
She COULD handle them. Then her anorexia took over. Now if one of them sneezed, Nicole would be laid out flat. But I understand Nicole doesn't run with that bunch any more.

You have to keep up on the gossip. Nicole and Paris are back together.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I remember hearing months back Tara was supposed to be on the movie Alpha Dog. What happened?

soogar

Record Breaker
Is that the movie where Tara's scenes ended up in the editing room floor?

Well that doesn't say a whole lot about her acting ability. Many actors wind up getting cut out of a movie if the character/scenes don't work with the overall story line. I just read an interview with Elena Pompeo (that Grey's anatomy actress) where she was very proud of the work she did in a film that they cut out all of her scenes because she felt that getting the role in a big big film and working with a known director was an achievement in itself.

The only reason I bring up this response isn't necessarily due to anything you have said but rather it seems that other posters point out her getting cut as evidence that she sucks as an actress.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What points up the fact that her acting sucks is the dearth of acting jobs she's gotten in the last couple of years. If she appeared in 10 movies over a 2-year period and wound up on the cutting room floor of 9 of them, that would be a sign that at least she's getting some action.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I remember hearing months back Tara was supposed to be on the movie Alpha Dog. What happened?

Release of the movie "Alpha Dog" has been held up by litigation, because some of the real life people portrayed (under different names) in that film are standing trial for the murder, and, the defense was trying to block release because it might prejudice the jury. I don't recall hearing anything about Tara in it -- but her part in it (if any) would not make it to my legal newspapers.