What skates should I get (Edea) | Golden Skate

What skates should I get (Edea)

satuvrns

Spectator
Hey y’all!!
I really need help with buying skates.

So first something about me. I started artistic roller skating some time ago so I would say ik some basic elements and would maybe be able to transfer them to ice, about jumps I’m currently landing my waltz but I’m a fast learner and my coach said till october I could be able to get to the loop jump. (October is when I’d start ice skating)
I weight about 120 lbs and now my question is, which ice skates should I buy? Also if it helps please try to include the fact that I’m a teen starter, my weight and my roller skating abilities. I would prefer boot suggestions for Edea cause those fit my feet really well and in the past I had some issues w Jacksons, I’m just not sure about which model cause I think edges on roller skates require a bit more power and I’m scared I’ll break my skates down too quickly or that I’ll quickly grow out of them. Money isn’t that much of a deal the price range from models my parents would buy me goes from Motivo to Ice Fly. Also ik a skate tech or my coach would maybe help me more but the problem is the nearest skate shop is 5h away and my coach only is good w Jacksons so any help would be appreciated!! If you need to know any more information about me let me know, thanks :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi and welcome.

Where do I start? First of all, please don't expect your roller skating abilities to automatically transfer to the ice. They are too different.
Secondly, IDK why your lessons are going to be so long?? TOO LONG, too many.
If you really are meant for a ice boot from edea, you don't need over Chorus.

You really need to see a pro fitter, even if you have to travel. It's very important.

Last edited: