Which skaters look the best when falling? | Golden Skate

Which skaters look the best when falling?

bump

Match Penalty
Lol, I think Carolina Kostner tends to look rather lovely when she falls...they tend to be dramatic falls that involve the entire behind section going splat all over the ice. Who else has dramatic falls on the ice?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lol, I think Carolina Kostner tends to look rather lovely when she falls...they tend to be dramatic falls that involve the entire behind section going splat all over the ice. Who else has dramatic falls on the ice?

What is the point of this thread other than to flame other skaters?

Who are your favourite skaters, bump? Just curious.

bump

Match Penalty
I also think Adelina Sotnikova looked amazing when she attempted a triple flip and landed on two feet, then tripped over herself trying to skate off the total two foot landing. Just fabulous.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
you mean famous butt landers with grace ?

Carolina Kostner, Sasha Cohen and Adelina Sotnikova

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
you mean famous butt landers with grace ?

Carolina Kostner, Sasha Cohen and Adelina Sotnikova

Given your adoration for your beloved Yuzuru I'm so surprised you didn't include his 4T fall at TEB, or fall at 2012 Worlds (though I suppose that was more of a face plant). :sarcasm:

Mods? This is a thread for trollish fodder that should be stopped in its tracks.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Sasha Cohen and Daisuke Takahashi.

I was also surprised las week at TEB when Yuzuru had got a bad start of his FP, but the rest of performance was really good.

zamboni step

Final Flight
I also think Adelina Sotnikova looked amazing when she attempted a triple flip and landed on two feet, then tripped over herself trying to skate off the total two foot landing. Just fabulous.

This could have actually been an interesting thread about who falls in the most aesthetically pleasing way (I myself think if you're going to fall make it BIG and dramatic, so Yuzuru) but you're just using this as an excuse to insult skaters. If you're going to put it this way then you "Try" a triple flip and we can all say how we can say how your fall was fabulous. But that'd be a mean thing to do, so just stop it with the flaming.

ordinary person

On the Ice
This is what i mean, thanks to the promiscuous flesh-colored tights, the butt is too rvealing hence the way they look when falling, what a pervert.
Close this thread already.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
zamboni step said:
This could have actually been an interesting thread about who falls in the most aesthetically pleasing way (I myself think if you're going to fall make it BIG and dramatic, so Yuzuru) but you're just using this as an excuse to insult skaters. If you're going to put it this way then you "Try" a triple flip and we can all say how we can say how your fall was fabulous. But that'd be a mean thing to do, so just stop it with the flaming.

Right. There are some falls too, which are actually funny (mostly the weird ones that the skaters themselves had to laugh about afterwards). Like Takahashi falling on his ending pose in Finlandia 2009. Or Marchei, when she once ended a sit spin by falling on her behind, right at the beat of the music. Kurt Browing commented about Yuzuru once that he really likes him, because he's always exciting, especially his falls :biggrin:
But the way this thread started... :eek:hwell:

jennyanydots

On the Ice
Have you ever actually skated? Those spectacular splat falls can really hurt and even sometimes lead to serious injury. No skater wants to fall and no skater wants people to analyze how good or bad they look falling. No skater wants to see published pictures of them in really unflattering positions, like Yuzu recently at TEB. In real time it didn't look bad but the pictures circulating around were awful. Please have some respect for the athletes. You can discuss how skaters recover from falls and how it effects the program and scores, but to ask who splats the best is just mean-spirited and juvenile.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Right. There are some falls too, which are actually funny (mostly the weird ones that the skaters themselves had to laugh about afterwards). Like Takahashi falling on his ending pose in Finlandia 2009. Or Marchei, when she once ended a sit spin by falling on her behind, right at the beat of the music. Kurt Browing commented about Yuzuru once that he really likes him, because he's always exciting, especially his falls :biggrin:
But the way this thread started... :eek:hwell:

Marchei's fall is legendary :biggrin: Also the ones on spins that don't hurt as much and tend to lead to a spinning around on the knees or behind are quite fun to do in my experience.

Have you ever actually skated? Those spectacular splat falls can really hurt and even sometimes lead to serious injury. No skater wants to fall and no skater wants people to analyze how good or bad they look falling. No skater wants to see published pictures of them in really unflattering positions, like Yuzu recently at TEB. In real time it didn't look bad but the pictures circulating around were awful. Please have some respect for the athletes. You can discuss how skaters recover from falls and how it effects the program and scores, but to ask who splats the best is just mean-spirited and juvenile.

Actually when I skate I used to find the most dramatic falls the most fun, they also didn't hurt as much generally as the ones where all the weight is on one part of your body. The splat falls tend to spread the force of impact so it doesn't do as much damage.

penguin

On the Ice
Actually when I skate I used to find the most dramatic falls the most fun, they also didn't hurt as much generally as the ones where all the weight is on one part of your body. The splat falls tend to spread the force of impact so it doesn't do as much damage.

This is definitely true. My worst falls have been when I was standing still and lost balance, or barely going anywhere, because then all the weight goes BAM! on one body part, straight down. What helped me get over my fear of skating faster was finding out that the ones where I have some speed hurt less, because there's more sliding. (Of course, I still don't like to fall.)

BlackPack

Medalist
Trolling of the highest order.

In my eyes, there is no such thing as an aesthetically pleasing fall. :laugh:

There were some fans that said Patrick Chan's falls were masterfully done as if they're a part of the choreography? :laugh:

daphna

On the Ice
Ashley Wagner. she's not falling often, but she has had some cool falls. especially the double axel last year at the GPF - that was spectacular! I thought she broke her liver!

zamboni step

Final Flight
I'm partial to times when pair skaters fall in exact unison :eek:

yes it happens.

Do you have any examples?!?!!! That sounds incredible to be flippant about something that's a disappointment for some poor hardworking skater.

Ashley Wagner. she's not falling often, but she has had some cool falls. especially the double axel last year at the GPF - that was spectacular! I thought she broke her liver!

That actually reveals another good side to falls, that rush you get when a skater fights back against incredible pressure, or in this case pain, and nails the next jump. It's inspiring to watch to be dramatic about it.