Who are your Top 10 skaters competing this year? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Who are your Top 10 skaters competing this year?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
G

I love your list and the way you explained every skater on the list but, joke, Nagasu is pretty consistent with UR problems lol. But you are right she has amazing potential as do so many.

ahhhh thank you :yay: :eek:: and you are right so many skaters have potential thats why i said 10 isnt enough haha :biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I answered this thread twice already and I want to revise my list yet again. :drama: I would remove Artur and Kevin, and add Kavaguti/Smirnov and Misha Ge.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I for one will NOT revise my list regardless of withdrawals or injuries. These are my top 10 skaters and no withdrawal or injury can change that! Period!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I for one will NOT revise my list regardless of withdrawals or injuries. These are my top 10 skaters and no withdrawal or injury can change that! Period!

That's cool. I don't expect everyone to be as fickle as me. :) If Kevin comes back, I may revise my list yet again. But I do have some firm favorites that will never change.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I answered this thread twice already and I want to revise my list yet again. :drama: I would remove Artur and Kevin, and add Kavaguti/Smirnov and Misha Ge.
Interestingly enough, those are the exact two--well, three--people I want to add to my list: K/S and Ge. I'd... probably have to remove Artur too at this point, not because I like him less but because his programs are just lifeless at this point. And take off V/T, since I dunno if they'll be competing (poor Trankov).

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's cool. I don't expect everyone to be as fickle as me. :) If Kevin comes back, I may revise my list yet again. But I do have some firm favorites that will never change.

There's still the 4CC, Worlds, and WTT!

Which are BIG.

Same.

Sorry that I called you out.

iceberg

On the Ice
TOP 6:

Machida
Ten
Hanyu
Fernandez
Pogorilaya
Nagasu

SKATERS I WILL MISS THE MOST:

1. Mao
2. Mao
3. Mao
4. Joubert
5. Joubert

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My Top Ten (and itis just imho)

1. Kavaguti and Smirnov -- I love their fierceness, the comeback story and love the fire they bring on ice
2. Weaver and Poje - I like their sensuality and they are a real nice couple of people (so I guess I am biased).
3. Stolba & Klimov (sorry about the names) I think they could challenge V and T
4. Julia LIpnskaiya yes Ido think she will have her problems but I like her style and even her personality; you do feel for her as a young person
5. V and T - I love their precision and power
6. Anna P. she has kind of a fierceness that and fire that is wonderful
7. Liza T - again one always loves a comeback story and she has been consistent so far
8. Hanyu - he is a solid skater no doubting that
9. Shibs - hoping for a break thru; again they also seem like nice people
10. Nam Nguyne - you have to cheer for the little guy, the new comer!

yhmafan

Medalist
Yuzuru Hanyu (is why I’m here in the first place, and that opened my eyes to others)

Rika Hongo (exiting to see her dynamic skating)

Javier Fernandez
Michael Christian Martinez (love his flexibility)
Misha Ge

Julia Lipnitskaya (also like Russian wonder girls)
Elena Radionova

Tatsuki Machida
Kanako Murakami
…Shoma Uno (with expectation)

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
These are skaters who have caught my eye this season:

Papadakis/Cizeron
Hawayek/Baker
ShibSibs
Chock/Bates
Jason Brown
So Youn Park
Kavaguti/Smirnov
Weaver/Poje *
Misha Ge
Yanovskaia/Mozgov

Honorable Mention: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva**

*Ok, to be honest, their programs this year haven't really thrilled me, but Andrew always catches my eye. Shrug. Shoot me, I'm human. :)
**I admire her tenacity and I think her LP is deliciously vulgar in the best sense. And yes, I'm willing to defend that statement. :)

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
+1 I sometimes like looking at lists! And also without any commentary, it's sort of fun to see a list of names and appreciate the variety of skaters people enjoy.

I'm going to just go ahead and list my top 10 with NO commentary. :)

Yuzuru Hanyu
Mae Bernice Meite
Ross Miner
Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani
Jason Brown
Gabrielle Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron
Yan Han
Konstantin Menshov
Dylan Moscovitch and Lubov Iliushechkina (yay for her release!)
Wenjing Sui and Cong Han

ETA: Oh I guess I wrote a list a few weeks ago

LOL. Well....

Top 10 skaters/pairs for me now that I've seen programs and stuff, blah blah. (no particular order)
Misha Ge- He made good on his promise to improve. Turning in four clean performances back to back is quite impressive!
Jason Brown - Don't let the smile fool you. The guy has grit. Even though he didn't get on the podium in Rostelecom, I admire his comeback, including making his second 3Z into a 3Z-1L-3S combo at the END of the program after making an error on his lutz. I also think his FS is going to only get better from here.
Yan Han - I think his FS is a winner. I sort of enjoyed it even though he was in a delusional injured state, so I can't wait to see it when he's healthy.
Yuzuru Hanyu - I think he has made strides in his line and I think his POTO FS will be quite good...when he's not falling 5 times.
Chen Peng and Hao Zhang - I LOVE their SP. Their choreography on the whole is gorgeous.
Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov - Their FS to Manfried Symphony shows the best of Russian drama. And she's landing a 4S to boot!
Wenjing Sui and Cong Han - So much personality in their programs, especially their SP
Gabrielle Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron - I don't love the FD as many of you, but I appreciate how much they've improved this season. (Woodkid FD is still my fave, honestly)
Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani - They are doing better than many think and I think they could surprise later in the season. Also I really come to appreciate their SD a whole ton.
Ashley Wagner - Another one who is doing better than many think. Got to give credit where credit is due.

chezzu

On the Ice
1. Yuzuru Hanyu - This boy has my heart. His POTO FS is pretty great with five falls... so excited to see it improve throughout the season. And his beautiful Spread Eagle - 3A - Spread Eagle during his SP ahhhh and his improved skating skills are so... *_*

2. Liza Tuktamysheva - AMAZING COMEBACK FROM LAST SEASON'S DISAPPOINTMENT. Love her fire.
3. Mirai Nagasu - Sentimental favorite; her programs this season are really good too, wish she'd stop UR-ing
4. Tatsuki Machida - Loved him since East of Eden, still love him now
5. Kanako Murakami - I was so excited when I found out she wouldn't retire!! :D Love her, love her smile, not fond of her FS this year though.
6. Michael Christian Martinez - Love his spins, plus he's from my country~
7. Elena Radionova - Girl gives such great attitude during her performances
8. Hawayek/Baker - Not sure why but I really just like them
9. Ashley Wagner - Dunno why people keep writing her off when she's doing well, and her programs this year suit her
10. Takahiko Kozuka - I wish he'd stop stop breaking my heart :( His FS is so beautiful.

**Adelina Sotnikova - Not sure if she's sitting out this whole season but I really want to see how she lives up to the expectations of being an OGM. She's been one of my favorites ever since she was a junior, so now I really just wanna see her grow as a skater.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
For me this season is more like "getting to know ex-junior skaters" so I still can't really say who are my favorites except for those who stays from last season. (like Yuzuru, Javi, Kanako, etc..) to be honest I still need to watch more before jumping to conclusion. :unsure:

tinlizzie

Final Flight
1. Misha Ge
2. Jason Brown
3 Papadakis/Cizeron
4. Yulia lipnitskaya
5. Liza T
6. Elena Radionova
7. Hurtado/Diaz
8. Yuzuru
9. Javier
10. Tatsuki

#1 Would be Adelina when she recovers from her injuries!

Love them all and will tune in at any hour to watch them!

Last edited:

mjj

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu - I think he has made strides in his line and I think his POTO FS will be quite good...when he's not falling 5 times. .

Does people know that he's falling 5 times because of the knock-out bloody collision? I was just thinking since he landed 3A-1lo-3S after the collision and on second half of his program and rotated the quads.....what will he be capable of achieving if Hanyu is fully healthy like during GPF/Olympic :think:

Last edited: