Who has the best chemistry in Ice Dance? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who has the best chemistry in Ice Dance?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I think Charlie and Meryl, like Eric and Megan, have a great love for each other. It's just not a love that has a sexual/romantic component to it which is what one normally thinks of when one thinks of chemistry.

Just because you break up with someone doesn't mean the attraction disappears. Sometimes the reasons for breaking up have nothing to do with the romantic part of your relationship.

Aqua Lady

On the Ice
And Charlie said to Meryl ¨I love you¨ too, that does not mean he is in love with her.

Meryl and Charlie are a different story. Their kind of love is different. If you have seen the way Madi and Zach interact and you tell me that there's nothing going on there, then you're either lying, blind, or in denial. It doesn't take an intellectual person to see the "love" between them.

Aqua Lady

On the Ice
I think Charlie and Meryl, like Eric and Megan, have a great love for each other. It's just not a love that has a sexual/romantic component to it which is what one normally thinks of when one thinks of chemistry.

Just because you break up with someone doesn't mean the attraction disappears. Sometimes the reasons for breaking up have nothing to do with the romantic part of your relationship.

Agree! Some skaters break up because they're afraid that their relationship might intervene with their skating career or for other reasons... We never really know. I feel like the real feelings will come out once these romantically complicated ice dancers retire...❤️😉❤️

Barb

Record Breaker
Meryl and Charlie are a different story. Their kind of love is different. If you have seen the way Madi and Zach interact and you tell me that there's nothing going on there, then you're either lying, blind, or in denial. It doesn't take an intellectual person to see the "love" between them.

I get that vibe too but this does not mean it is real (romantic love). I don´t know, I just think Adria is a great person and I don´t want to think she is with him if she is in love with Zack.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Agree! Some skaters break up because they're afraid that their relationship might intervene with their skating career or for other reasons... We never really know. I feel like the real feelings will come out once these romantically complicated ice dancers retire...❤️😉❤️

"Romantically complicated" is the perfect way to describe so many ID teams

Spot

On the Ice
Gabriella and Guillaume for me...not romantic, but there is something so tranquil and peaceful about their connection where they become one...I'm not sure I can quite explain it.

In a more romantic sense, I agree with many of you about Madison and Zach.

ETA: Now if they were to exchange partners as here, things could get even more interesting ;)
http://i67.tinypic.com/5yghz7.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/dcvsds.jpg

Last edited:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I hope this isn't veering too off topic here, but this thread made me wonder how many current pairs and ice dance teams are couples off the ice. Not that many, I think. I'm only mentioning ones who are known because I'm not entirely comfortable speculating--seems too personal. In pairs I can think of Sciemeca Knierim / Knierim, Volosozhar / Trankov, and Tarasova / Morozov, In ice dance I can think of Lauriault / Le Gac and Sinitsina / Katsalopov. Not too many. I am sure that togetherness can be a bonus but can also be difficult.

Charlene Guignard and Marco Fabbri are an off ice couple too. I love their on ice chemistry, was gutted for them with that horrible fall on the lift in the free at Europeans. Hope they can get it working right in Helsinki.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Charlene Guignard and Marco Fabbri are an off ice couple too. I love their on ice chemistry, was gutted for them with that horrible fall on the lift in the free at Europeans. Hope they can get it working right in Helsinki.

Beaudry & Sørensen from Denmark and Coomes & Buckland from Great Britain are also a couple off the ice.

BTW, is that Javi in your avatar? :love:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Beaudry & Sørensen from Denmark and Coomes & Buckland from Great Britain are also a couple off the ice.

BTW, is that Javi in your avatar? :love:

It is indeed. He makes me feel like a giddy teenager all over again! :luv17:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
To me it's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier. The kind of chemistry that I expect from a man- woman ice dance.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
It is indeed. He makes me feel like a giddy teenager all over again! :luv17:

He's always been good looking, but now that he's losing the baby face and maturing he's becoming way hotter! :luv17:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

Well telling that does not take intellect but your heart & non-verbal reading skills :agree:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
He's always been good looking, but now that he's losing the baby face and maturing he's becoming way hotter! :luv17:

Lol. I did not recognize Javi on that picture at first, I started to ponder whether it could be some actor. :laugh: But then I have sometimes problem with recognizing some faces, it happened few times in the past that someone spoke to me somewhere in the city but I could not tell who is it for a while. :laugh: Strangely enough I can often tell somebody's ethnic background after quick look before they start speaking even from some distance though. :laugh:

Last edited:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
To me it's Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier. The kind of chemistry that I expect from a man- woman ice dance.

It's interesting, most people seem to say that P&P have no chemistry at all. Especially when they did their big band music program with the kiss at the end a couple of seasons ago.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I see a nice chemistry developing between Stepanova and Bukin... It's not fully there yet, but it's on the making. I feel like if they do more romantic programs, it will eventually come out. From the Juniors, I think Carreira and Ponomarenko are building great chemistry. You could see it in their FD this season. They definitely have potential.
Interesting choices :) I note that both Bukin and Ponomarenko have famous and OGM fathers who were known for their passion with their partners.