Who Will Be the Favorite(s) going into the 2006 Olys? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who Will Be the Favorite(s) going into the 2006 Olys?

Jaana said:
LOL, generally speaking predictions for the Olympics are in this moment rather impossible, if I´m e.g. thinking of Ilia Kulik who won the Olympic gold in 1998. In 1996 Worlds he won silver and in 1997 he was fifth. In Olympic season Ilia came back strongly (although had an injury in August which took him from the ice for about a month). Anyway, besides Olympics he won in that season NHK, Russian Nationals and GPF. Marjaana
Jaana - This is not a thread of predictions. It is a thread for selecting whom you believe will be the favorite going into the Olys. Not necessarily, the Winner!!

Joe

lavender

Record Breaker
Ladies

It will probably be Cohen because they might be tired of thinking Michelle will finally do it. I personally would place my bets on someone outside of the US like Arakawa since she's consistent.

However in the end I think it's going to be a repeat minus Sarah and maybe even Sasha. Unless something else comes to me it's going to be Michelle and Irina standing and fighting for the gold. I know it's farfetched and I don't believe it myself but that's what I'm getting.

Men..maybe Plushenko, Joubert and Goebel. I hope Jeff Buttle is in the mix to medal. It would be nice if Plushenko win but I think he's hurt and just trying to postpone surgery for whatever injury he has.

Last edited:

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
Cohen
Joubert
Goebel (i hope)
Raad
Evora and Ladwig (raad and them skate at the ice arena I skate at and they are sooooo good)
I really really really hope Kwan goes! She is isnt she?! I hope so!

Last edited:

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Favorites going into Olympics 2006

Ladies:
Kwan :love: (why would I change now, she is still my all time favorite skater)

Men :
Pulshenko(if he is on, no one can beat him)

Pairs
Shen/Zhao(they are the best in the world and maybe the best ever)

Ice dancers:
(still thinking about this one, now crazy about any of them right now)

diamond :)

nicole_l

Final Flight
Men: Plushenko, obviously.
Ladies: Cohen, if she can get it together in time. I'm rooting for Michelle, though.
Pairs: Shen + Zhao.
Dance: Navka + Kostamarov.

LilyBerg

Rinkside
Men - Plushenko
Ladies - Kwan
Pairs - Shen/Zhao (beautiful!)
Dance - Navka/Kostamarov (the judges seem to like them, do not why. they bore me to death!)