Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 TV & Livestream Info

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
BBC coverage starts today of the Free Programmes only.

Thursday 30th March: 16:45-20:15 – Pairs Free Skate, Red Button and online
Friday 31st March: 15:50-20:15 – Ladies Free Skate, Red Button and online
Saturday 1st April: 08:40-13:15 – Men’s Free Skate, 14:25 – 18:15 – Ice Dance Free Dance, Red Button and Online
Sunday 2nd April: BBC Two 13:00-15:00 – World Figure Skating Championships highlights
Monday 3rd April: 09:00-13:00 – World Figure Skating Championships Highlights (repeat), BBC Red Button

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that both snooker matches this afternoon are going at the same pace. And unfortunately for us, it is a slow pace.

Both of them are at the interval. And, after an hour and three quarters of play, both of them are level at 2-2.

It's looking like it's going to be a later finish to the snooker than we have had the past few days.

So, it's anybody's guess whether any of the Men's SP will be shown in between the snooker finishing and the Pairs FS starting.

I'll let you know what happens.

CaroLiza_fan

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Just to let you know that both snooker matches this afternoon are going at the same pace. And unfortunately for us, it is a slow pace.

Both of them are at the interval. And, after an hour and three quarters of play, both of them are level at 2-2.

It's looking like it's going to be a later finish to the snooker than we have had the past few days.

So, it's anybody's guess whether any of the Men's SP will be shown in between the snooker finishing and the Pairs FS starting.

I'll let you know what happens.

CaroLiza_fan
So thankful that BBC is showing all the Free Skates in full.
Thanks for the update. Snooker should have it's own Eurosport channel.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
So thankful that BBC is showing all the Free Skates in full.
Thanks for the update. Snooker should have it's own Eurosport channel.

Thankful that they are showing it, yes. At least we will be able to watch it properly on the TV rather than streaming from the internet.

But not thankful for the commentary team they have.

At least Eurosport is showing the Pairs FS in it's entirity tonight. And for the Ladies FS and Free Dance, yes we will have to start with the BBC, but thankfully we will be able to switch over to Eurosport once their LIVE coverage starts.

But, it's disappointing that the Men are getting such little coverage. I wouldn't be watching the FS LIVE anyway, but Eurosport should be made to show highlights of the SP in between the LIVE stuff they are showing today.

Definitely, changes need to be made for next season.

As for a dedicated snooker channel, no. There would be too much time with nothing LIVE to show to make it viable. As would be the case with any dedicated sports channels they could launch. No, launching a few new general sport channels is the way to go.

By the way, both snooker matches are now at 3-3.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Table 1 just finished 5-3.

Eurosport 1 has switched to Table 2. Currently 4-3, but not long into the 8th frame.

If the match does go the distance, I have my doubts as to whether it will be finished before the Pairs FS starts in an hour's time. The pace has been very slow (the last frame they played was not far off 45 minutes long).

Let's hope the match doesn't last that long.

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
Checking my (Swedish) Eurosport listings, it seems like they are showing the pair's FP highltights 5-6 times or so, but NO men's SP highlights. Can this really be correct? It's really shoddy, if so.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Checking my (Swedish) Eurosport listings, it seems like they are showing the pair's FP highltights 5-6 times or so, but NO men's SP highlights. Can this really be correct? It's really shoddy, if so.

The programmes that are labelled as "Free Pairs" on Saturday and Sunday have to be typos on Eurosport's part. Presumably they are actually the Free Dance.

British Eurosport 2 is due to show a couple of highlights programmes after the Pairs FS finishes on British Eurosport 1. The labels used to say "Free Pairs" and "Men's Short", but the second one now says "Ladies Short". Presumably this is a mistake.

Whoever does the labelling on the Eurosport schedules needs a good kick up the backside!

LIVE coverage of the snooker on Eurosport 1 has FINALLY finished. Table 2 did go all the way to the deciding frame. Just in time to let me finish watching a half hour programme that I started watching during the first resurfacing of the Men's SP.

Now showing an episode of the Ronnie O'Sullivan Show. So, no Men's SP. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

LRK

Record Breaker
The programmes that are labelled as "Free Pairs" on Saturday and Sunday have to be typos on Eurosport's part. Presumably they are actually the Free Dance.

British Eurosport 2 is due to show a couple of highlights programmes after the Pairs FS finishes on British Eurosport 1. The labels used to say "Free Pairs" and "Men's Short", but the second one now says "Ladies Short". Presumably this is a mistake.

Whoever does the labelling on the Eurosport schedules needs a good kick up the backside!

LIVE coverage of the snooker on Eurosport 1 has FINALLY finished. Table 2 did go all the way to the deciding frame. Just in time to let me finish watching a half hour programme that I started watching during the first resurfacing of the Men's SP.

Now showing an episode of the Ronnie O'Sullivan Show. So, no Men's SP. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

According to my schedule there are pair FP highlights on Eurosport 2, at 21.35, 1.30, and 8.15; and on Eurosport 1, at 0.20, and 5.00. Any guess as to which of those - if any - might be the men's short? I'm just.. mystified.

Oh, and thanks for being our resident Eurosport expert.:) I wish you were working for them, and then they'd make some sense!

Miller

Final Flight
According to my schedule there are pair FP highlights on Eurosport 2, at 21.35, 1.30, and 8.15; and on Eurosport 1, at 0.20, and 5.00. Any guess as to which of those - if any - might be the men's short? I'm just.. mystified.

Oh, and thanks for being our resident Eurosport expert.:) I wish you were working for them, and then they'd make some sense!

Always worth recording any Eurosport highlights programme if you don't mind watching something well after the event. As CaroLiza Fan said above they get the description wrong enough that it's always worth trying. Funnily enough there were some men's SP highlights after the snooker, they cut away from the Ronnie O'Sullivan show and we got the whole of Javier and Patrick! Plus Chris Howarth's immortal comment of "These guys are taking this sport to another universe. I have never in my life seen anything like this. It is breathtaking.". If only we'd been able to enjoy Simon and Chris' commentary live, it would have been fantastic.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Always worth recording any Eurosport highlights programme if you don't mind watching something well after the event. As CaroLiza Fan said above they get the description wrong enough that it's always worth trying. Funnily enough there were some men's SP highlights after the snooker, they cut away from the Ronnie O'Sullivan show and we got the whole of Javier and Patrick! Plus Chris Howarth's immortal comment of "These guys are taking this sport to another universe. I have never in my life seen anything like this. It is breathtaking.". If only we'd been able to enjoy Simon and Chris' commentary live, it would have been fantastic.

I checked the 21.35 one, and it turned out that it was indeed pairs. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they were ALL pairs, things get so silly sometimes... And alas, that we do not get Chris & Simon, but our Swedish commentators instead... Sigh. Oh, well...

(I hope Ronnie was doing well.;))

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

There's many a time I wish I was working for them too! Not just working for them but - I wish I was running the show! Because I can think of so many ways to improve Eurosport. But the people running it at the moment don't seem to have a clue!

Gaaah!!!! As soon as Ronnie came on, I thought "That's it - no Men then", and went and watched something else. So, I missed them!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

But, I'm hoping the programme on for an hour at 23:30 BST tonight is the Men's SP. I've set the timer anyway.

(I hope Ronnie was doing well.;))

What they showed was an old recording from months ago.

Ronnie was beaten 5-4 yesterday. :disapp: But, the guy that beat him, Mark Joyce, was beaten 5-3 by Ding Junhui this afternoon.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
There's many a time I wish I was working for them too! Not just working for them but - I wish I was running the show! Because I can think of so many ways to improve Eurosport. But the people running it at the moment don't seem to have a clue!

Gaaah!!!! As soon as Ronnie came on, I thought "That's it - no Men then", and went and watched something else. So, I missed them!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

But, I'm hoping the programme on for an hour at 23:30 GMT tonight is the Men's SP. I've set the timer anyway.

What they showed was an old recording from months ago.

Ronnie was beaten 5-4 yesterday. :disapp: But, the guy that beat him, Mark Joyce, was beaten 5-3 by Ding Junhui this afternoon.

CaroLiza_fan

Misery all around then...

LRK

Record Breaker
Update: 0.20 and 1.30 both pairs' highlights. I don't think I'll bother with the other two. But so far:

Pairs FP highlights: 3
Men's SP highlights: 0

Eurosport is really something else...

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Update: 0.20 and 1.30 both pairs' highlights. I don't think I'll bother with the other two. But so far:

Pairs FP highlights: 3
Men's SP highlights: 0

Eurosport is really something else...

There were 3 highlights programmes on British Eurosport 2 in the middle of the night. The first and third were indeed the Pairs FS.

The middle one was originally listed as being the Men's SP, but then the description was changed to being the Ladies SP. So, I taped it in the hope that it would be the Men's SP. It wasn't. It was indeed the Ladies.

So, it looks like the two routines that Miller saw and I missed in between the Ronnie O Show and the Pairs FS is indeed the only action from the Men's SP that will be shown on Eurosport.

Oh, and better than that, those 2 routines are NOT on the Eurosport Player! :cheer: :clap: :points: :sarcasm:

(Well, not on the British version of the Player anyway. Haven't checked the others because I'm watching both snooker tables on the Player at the moment, and am running a few minutes behind LIVE on the computer table because of doing things during the adverts on the TV table).

Brilliant service as usual, Eurosport! :cheer: :clap: :points: :sarcasm:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The german Eurosport player has two figure skating videos atm. No pairs and ladies short, but the long live version of the pairs LP (3 hours long) and the highlights of the Men's SP (Kolyada, Jin, Chen, Hanyu, Uno, Fernandez, Chan). The Men's SP is incorrectly labeled as Pairs LP and about 43 minutes long.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The german Eurosport player has two figure skating videos atm. No pairs and ladies short, but the long live version of the pairs LP (3 hours long) and the highlights of the Men's SP (Kolyada, Jin, Chen, Hanyu, Uno, Fernandez, Chan). The Men's SP is incorrectly labeled as Pairs LP and about 43 minutes long.

Interesting. We also onlyhave 2 videos on the British Eurosport Player, but they are the LIVE coverage of the Pairs SP and the LIVE coverage of the Pairs FS.

Apart from that, the only things in the Winter Sports section are episodes of "Chasing History" and THREE (!) copies of the LIVE coverage of the Women's Final from the World Curling Championships

Oh, and I am so jealous that you still have the old interface for the Videos section. We have had the new interface for about a week now, and it is useless.

By the way, both of this morning's snooker matches finished within about 2 minutes of each other about 10 minutes ago.

Also, in case anybody did not notice, for the first time this week, there is no cycling on today. And as a result, Eurosport is able to show the morning figure skating competition LIVE for a change. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

BES2 11:00 – 14:15 Short Dance LIVE

So, that should be just in time for the start of Group 4, if my calculations are correct.

See, it wasn't the snooker that was preventing Eurosport showing the figure skating. It was the cycling!

Because push bikes take priority over EVERYTHING else! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Miller

Final Flight
There were 3 highlights programmes on British Eurosport 2 in the middle of the night. The first and third were indeed the Pairs FS.

So, it looks like the two routines that Miller saw and I missed in between the Ronnie O Show and the Pairs FS is indeed the only action from the Men's SP that will be shown on Eurosport.

Oh, and better than that, those 2 routines are NOT on the Eurosport Player! :cheer: :clap: :points: :sarcasm:

Brilliant service as usual, Eurosport! :cheer: :clap: :points: :sarcasm:

CaroLiza_fan

Plus Simon and Chris were going nuts about the quality of the competition, it really looks as if the Mens SP is going to be one of the great 'lost programmes' even it was highlights only.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I

Also, in case anybody did not notice, for the first time this week, there is no cycling on today. And as a result, Eurosport is able to show the morning figure skating competition LIVE for a change. :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

BES2 11:00 – 14:15 Short Dance LIVE

So, that should be just in time for the start of Group 4, if my calculations are correct.

See, it wasn't the snooker that was preventing Eurosport showing the figure skating. It was the cycling!

Because push bikes take priority over EVERYTHING else! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

Short Dance Live labelled as Free Pairs Live on my sky! And I lost the count of how many repeats of Pairs competition already were aired - 7 -8? Someone at British Eurosport is either a mad fanatic of pair skating or just plain lunatic. My yesterday which could have been such a great day as my favourite, Kolyada, skated brilliantly in the short, was ruined ruined ruined thanks to Eurosport. Oh how I hate snooker!!! I took a day off work yesterday and in the end I only saw Javi & Patrick to skate and could not even record it for some reason. Whereas at work where I have much faster internet connection I could have probably sneakily watched some of the men! :dev2::devil:

With BBC red button I don't know what to think- I managed to add the only channel available on the list which sounded hopeful - BBC RB1. But it does not seem to follow the schedule on the website most of the time it is showing Glastonbury festival. However when I turned it on last night (without any hope just out of sheer stubbornness), there were Pairs Free Live to my surprise and delight. I am clinging to a hope that I will be able to watch Men Free tomorrow morning but I am not too hopeful. Why after paying €39 monthly (on the top of €160 annually for TV licence!!!) I have to be subjected to this ordeal I really do not know...
Caroliza I think we should send a complaint or something from the GS as well as individually to Eurosport website, via facebook, twitter etc but talk about it again when Worlds are over.

Last edited: