Your wish for 2008/2009 season... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Your wish for 2008/2009 season...

kyla2

Final Flight
My Wishes

A completely new scoring system, better judging Nationally and Internationally and for the professional competitions NOT to comeback.

M

myasada

No more Flutz, Lips and underrotations.

I'd like to see fully rotated 3-2 rather than underrotated 3-3.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
There are two things I want. One is for Kimmie to come back stronger than ever. The other is for Gregory & Petukhov to also make a strong comeback after missing this whole season due to injury.

nippponophile

Rinkside
I want Daisuke to win the World championships. And everything else as well, including the next olympics. For that, he needs more mental toughness. I'm also praying he remains injury-free. On a selfish note, I'd like to see him continuing to skate "Bachelorette" as his exhibition piece (forever).

I'd love to see Tadahiko Kozuka move up to the medals podium regularly, with Daisuke. Looking forward to seeing his new programs.

I believe Yukari Nakano should be rewarded in medals for her beautiful and flawlessly skated programs.

kandidy

Final Flight
1. No more judge scandals
2.No more repeat music
3.Everyone fixed flutz and lip
4.Mao ,facial expression and come back with triple salchow
5. Yuna with healthy and strong program like Tango De Roxanne and come back with triple loop
6.Nobu comes back strong and win national
7.Joannie with triple triple
8.Caroline with speed, mule kick free, no more sleepy music
9.Miki recovers and fix her ugly spiral, land a quad in competition
10.Last wish, I hope Sasha comes back......:biggrin:

Kathy

On the Ice
M-I-C-H-E-L-L-E to come back "in the best shape of her life." Miss her and her skating just too much :bow: :bow: :bow:

merrybari

Final Flight
1) No injuries for the US competitors

2) Pro-competitions to make a come-back

3) A renewed interest by newbies and the general public in figure skating so the tv coverage stays at the level it's at or increases and the attendance at Stars On Ice increases

I so agree - adding to that no injuries for anyone!!

Yellow Cat

Rinkside
Kimmie to come back stronger than ever, and enjoy skating again.

Dick Button continues to commentate.

That is all.

waxel

Final Flight
Ms.Anthrope --- too funny. I have been disturbed by Aliona's bad eyebrows for years.

My wishes.

Improved TV coverage. Including GPs.

Johnny's continued improvement.

Return to 3 spots for Ladies.

Better programs for Davis & White- and for them to get the marks they deserve.

Refinement of CoP.

Yuna to point toes,straighten knee's, refine spin/spiral positions.

Fewer ugly contorted spin positions.

McLaughlin and Brubaker's continued improvement.

If Kostner is going to continue to skate- please find some grace and lose the coltish quality. She seems like such a nice person and very intelligent and well-spoken--- just wish I liked her skating more.

Kimmie to either improve or move on.

For Worlds in LA to be amazing ---- 'cause I'm forking over tons of cash to attend.

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
My wishes:

1. Savchenko/Szolkowy to win all competitions. Hopefully with clean programs..
2. Comeback of Evgueni Plushenko..
3. Lambiel to do a clean triple Axel.
4. Belbin/Agosto to win a medal at the worlds.
5. Domnina/Shabalin to win their first world title.
6. Sarah Meier to do a triple/triple combination.
7. Mukhortova/Trankov to get a place on the podium at worlds.
8. Anette Dytrt to get under the first 10 at worlds.
9. Judges will not anymore overmark Zhang/Zhang in the PCs.
10. Grand Prix on TV. (I really hope it ..)

And, a comeback of Totmianina/Marinin. But, it's only a wish..

Kinga

Medalist
My wish is that 3-3 combo does not mean that you are the only one who can win gold in ladies. That is so boring!
So - I hope that Sarah Meier can win a medal in Worlds.
I hope that Yukari comes back stronger and gets what she deserves.

D/D developing even more, so they can beat S/S. P/T marked higher than Z/Z.

K/N proving that they are not only good in tricks, but also good dancers - which actually they did in CD and OD in Worlds, but somehow no one appreciates that. the only thing that people see is their FD... Which, I think, is pretty cool anyway! They show in first two parts of the competition that they can dance, and the third one is something else - finally something different than common love-stories). Nevertheless - keep working on dance part!
Kerr/Kerr moving up quickly.

And, few changes in CoP are needed! More severe punishment for step outs and hands down (they DO disrupt the flow and impression MORE than UR). SP. Balance between UR of a triple or making a simple double should be found. Now, a clean double counts more than UR triple.. Not exactly fair...

One wish - if, apart from a TES and PCS marks displayed on the screen, the jumps, levels and URs could be displayed as well.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Mao Asada
--Do all 6 triples in her programs and fix her flutz problem
--Find a coach who will help her manage her nerves
--Find a truly signature piece of music and choreography that will separate her from the "baby ballerinas" coming up from juniors--her own career-defining programs, on the level of Michelle's Salome, Lyra Angelica, or East of Eden

Carolina Kostner
--Stop being so ridiculously overmarked by the judges (she has become the new Irina Slutskaya in this regard)
--Be, for once, penalized for her jump landing inconsistencies and telegraphed takeoffs

Yukari Nakano
--Not give up hope, despite coming fourth at Worlds when she arguably should have medaled
--Continue to improve and fix underrotation problems

Joanne Rochette
--Keep attacking her jumps
--Keep growing her artistry (love watching her)

Kimmie Meissner/MIki Ando
--As someone else said, time to either improve or move on

Rachael Flatt/Caroline Zhang/Mirai Nagasu
--Make a successful transition to seniors
--Handle the stress of all the hype
--Get through their inevitable growth spurts without too much disruption
--Clean up their jump issues
--Start finding their own styles

Johnny Weir
--Master the quad
--Get solid with triple/triple combinations
--Stop skating so cautiously and tightly in the long program
--As with Mao, find that career-defining piece of music and program that is truly special

Brian Joubert
--Stay healthy
--Improve spins, footwork
--Keep being himself on the ice (in other words, skating to Metallica, not Chopin; it works for him)

Stephane Lambiel
--As someone else said, keep Poeta and skate it clean
--Get jump consistency back

Davis/White
--Don't get discouraged despite low marks at Worlds; their time will come
--Keep improving artistry, emotion, and performance quality

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wishes for 2008/2009:
Men
-Jeff has a strong season and medals again at worlds, a quad would be nice to
-Verner redeams himself after his world LP
-Abbott gains consistancy and places top 10 at worlds
-Patrick gets a consistant quad and 3A and places top 5 at worlds
-Joey Russell gets a 3A and makes the national team

Women
-Yuna has an injery free season and wins the world title
-Joannie gets the 3/3 consistant and medals at worlds
-Rachael Flatt has a strong first Sr. season
-Cynthia takes the 2nd spot at Nats and gets to go to worlds
-Some skater has a breakthrough at Nats and shows there is some hope in the future for womens skating in Canada

Pairs
-D/D get a 3 twist and move up the podium at worlds
-D/B have a great sophmore season
-S/Z return and win another world title
-P/T overtake the Zhangs

Dance
-V/M win the world title
-C/L place top 10 at worlds and take the national title over F/S
-W/P get to go to worlds and move to top 12
-D/W make top 10 at worlds and pass B/A at Nats
-the Kerr's place top 10 at world again

I also hope the quad dosn't increase in base value, but spins and footwork do. I would like better tv coverage (GP's please) and CBC to continue showing all of worlds, Skate Canada and Nats online, It would be great if they could add the rest of the GP as well, or at the very least some of it.

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
Ms.Anthrope --- too funny. I have been disturbed by Aliona's bad eyebrows for years.

Friends don't let friends go out with those eyebrows. Kevyn Aucoin would be horrified at Aliona's eyebrows if he were still alive. Yes, this is totally superficial of me.:biggrin:

For Worlds in LA to be amazing ---- 'cause I'm forking over tons of cash to attend.

I'm going to wait & see what other VIP seats the LOC/Staples releases once the tour groups and corporate sponsors don't pick up the $1315/seat ticket. The current VIP seat offerings are just really bad to fork over $1315.

Last edited:

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
Friends don't let friends don't go out with those eyebrows. Kevyn Aucoin would be horrified at Aliona's eyebrows if her were alive.

Hey, I think there are lots of skaters who have eyebrows that are much more unsightly than Aljona's! She looks really great, also with her eyebrows. And she is the best trained female pair skater...

Matt

On the Ice
Men:
-That the Joubert/Buttle quasi-feud goes away and doesn't return. It only serves to make Joubert sound like the arrogant "give me the gold b/c I can do a 4toe in my sleep" skater of this generation. He's too good for that.
-That Lambiel takes a vacation and comes back like the unbeatable skater he is.
-That Verner forgets his LP at Worlds ever happened and focuses on becoming the "new kid on the block." When's the last time we could say "and there are Czech flags flying around the arena"?
-That Weir's new attitude isn't an empty promise like before
-More Jeremy Abbott

Women:
-Mao fixing the flutz
-Kostner skating cleanly so we can say she deserves the marks she's being awarded
-Nakano getting some seriously long-overdue respect
-That Nagasu/Flatt/Zhang/(insert up and coming American lady here) can live up to their potential and the hype
-That Rochette can see more podium finishes in her future
-More of Laura Lepistö (even if she never gets the 3flip or 3lutz)

Pairs:
-That S/S can skate clean programs at Worlds
-That Z/Z get the spark back that they had; they went back to being boring again
-That Moskvina stops giving K/S so much difficulty to do and drills them on some basic pair skills. I feel let I'm watching the meltdown of O/S all over again.
-That D/D and D/B are the first wave in a great dynasty of Canadian pairs (b/c Canada has some real winners coming up)
-That N/L make the World team for the US

Dance:
-That V/M dominate all season so that they a) lend up winning a gold medal at Worlds and b) show them on TV so that I can keep staring at Scott Moir :p
-That K/N get more difficult in their footwork and more respect from others in the skating world
-That K/K finally get on the podium, for goodness sake!
-That B/A come back strong

Ms.Anthrope

On the Ice
Hey, I think there are lots of skaters who have eyebrows that are much more unsightly than Aljona's! She looks really great, also with her eyebrows. And she is the best trained female pair skater...

You're right. There are lots of other skaters with unsightly eyebrows, but Aljona's eyebrows just stand out because of her platinum blond hair & otherwise pretty face. Like I said, I'm being totally superficial here.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I would like....

-Jeff to maintain the consistency on his 3As (3A-3T would be cool) and lutzs.

-Jeff not to be ruined by the quad pursuit and stay focused on doing clean programs. I personally think that he may be better off aiming at having two level-4 steps with big plus GOEs than incorporating a quad.

-Jeff to finally get much higher PCSs that he has deserved.