Yu-Na Kim: Are all her problems at bay? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yu-Na Kim: Are all her problems at bay?

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
There are things that can be debated and things that can't be.

What a sterling argument you've got there!

(that thread of yours in the Feedback area died the moment you spelled my name wrong, btw)

~Z

Last edited:

satorare

Match Penalty
Hereafter, I'll totally ignore Koreans swarming around.

Zuranthium, your calculation for the third plan is wrong. It should be 50.2 points (counting 2A to be 3.5). BTW who the hell can do such a program. It's a fantasy for a 3A-less woman.

I think doing three 2A's in FS is very horrible. It's a sign of juniorish mentalities and attitudes. That kind of skaters don't deserve high scores as SENIOR skaters.

sorcerer

Final Flight
...that thread of yours in the Feedback area died the moment you spelled my name wrong...
~Z

I apologize for the misspelling. I corrected it.

To be precise, there are things that are not suited to be written or to be discussed, according to the charactor of a forum.
Otherwise you won't need a guideline, IMO.

If everyone prefers to tolerate insultive words, that's fine.
Then that will be the charactor of this forum.
If not, my feedback post isn't as dead as you say, at least I hope so.

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
What happened here??:frown:

My suggestion is that "simply ignore that person".
When somebody speaks out of spite, there's nothing much you can do and any kind of bebate would be useless and it would be total waste of your time.

Sorcerer, I know that not all Japanese are like that person, so don't worry.
I happened to know some Japanese and they are very kind and decent people.
Actually I'm going to the Super Match sponsored by Hyundai Card in september with my dear Japanese friend who is currently staying in Seoul, Korea.
Yuna and Miki will be there and I can't wait to see them!!!:biggrin:

sorcerer

Final Flight
Sorcerer, I know that not all Japanese are like that person, so don't worry.
Thank you, your words gave me quite an amount of relief; you truly have a "belle personnalite" ! :)
(Sorry my keyboard doesn't have an accent aigu.)

Last edited:

zephyrskates

On the Ice
wow. i can't believe how this thread strayed away from its original topic.
satorare, if you like mao more than yuna that's your prerogative, but there is CERTAINLY no need to bash other skaters. though

i think that we yuna fans should be flattered for yuna must be really talented and possess something special for mao's fan to bash her so much. Yuna must be such a threat to mao for mao's fans to be this worried about her and her jumps.

one more thing, IMO being narrowminded prevents you from truly enjoying skating..

Last edited:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Zuranthium, your calculation for the third plan is wrong. It should be 50.2 points (counting 2A to be 3.5).

No it's not. Remember, bonus point for doing all Triples + Axel type jump and Loop jump value is switched with the Flip.

BTW who the hell can do such a program. It's a fantasy for a 3A-less woman.

You have no idea if it is or not. Some skaters are very good at doing combination jumps. It's entirely possible that someone could come along who is capable of tackling that program but just isn't good at the 3A (Carolina Kostner's jumping style, for example...on one of her best days I think she could do that program). Is it a fantasy to land 2 Quads when you often can't do a 3A? Because that's how Lambiel is.

I think doing three 2A's in FS is very horrible. It's a sign of juniorish mentalities and attitudes. That kind of skaters don't deserve high scores as SENIOR skaters.

So would you prefer that Yu-Na makes her program LESS difficult by doing the standard 6-triple jump layout??? Really, you make no sense.

The 2A is the only thing a skater CAN do if they perform many difficult combination jumps. It's actually what makes those combination jumps WORTH doing in the new system. Any time you compress jumps in your program over the point where you've hit the Zayak limit within a certain number of jumping passes, it means you're making room (getting more points) for a Double Axel. Let's look at another theoretical program. This time it's a MALE program with 3 Double Axels:

4Toe
3Axel
3Flip/3Toe/3Loop
2Axel
----------
3Sal/3Loop
2Axel/3Toe
3Lutz
2Axel

Total points: 65.3 (that is quite a bit higher than PLUSHENKO's planned program at Olympics)

This program would fit someone like Kevin Van Der Perren who doesn't like doing the Quad + 3Axel, but has a great ability to muscle out combination jumps.

~Z

Last edited:

satorare

Match Penalty
Zuranthium, what do you mean by "bonus point for doing all Triples + Axel type jump and Loop jump value is switched with the Flip"?

And do you want to see three 2A's from men's FS?
I'm living in a totally different world from you.
If I was a judge I'll give straight 6.0s for the PCS.

Last edited:

Kypma

Final Flight
I'm not Zuranthium, but the bonus point would be the one talked about in past threads about giving skaters who show all 5 triples and a double axel a bonus point, and switching the base value of the loop with the one for the flip, since the loops is generally regarded as a more difficult jump than the flip, also specified somewhere in this forum...

Kypma

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Zuranthium, what do you mean by "bonus point for doing all Triples + Axel type jump and Loop jump value is switched with the Flip"?

I mean exactly what I say.

Skaters should get a bonus point if they present all of the different Triples + Axel jump (double axel for women, triple for men).

The Loop is harder than the Flip and thus the values for those two jumps should be swapped.

And do you want to see three 2A's from men's FS?

And do you NOT want to see a program with lots of difficult combination jumps?

It doesn't really matter. I'm not sure why you're so hung up on 2A's being bad for some reason??? Double 2A's in a row can actually be quite pleasant to watch, which is another thing you can do with your program if you have those jumping passes open.

~Z

This program would fit someone like Kevin Van Der Perren who doesn't like doing the Quad + 3Axel, but has a great ability to muscle out combination jumps.
Actually, that's not far off Van der Perren's program at the Olympics, except that he did not do any triple loops.

But in the performance he only did 7 jumping passes. If he had thrown in an extra 2A at the end, he would have finished ahead of Joubert in the free skate.

(OT -- CoP question. Why do the protocols list Joubert's Olympic LP as having 15 elements, but not really, because the elements are numbererd 1,2,4,5,...,15?)

When Michelle comes back I want her to do 4 double Axels in sequence, like she did in her closing spot on the COI tour a three years ago. Only three would count, but she would get extra GOEs for an unusual and difficult entry (a 2A entry into a 2A+2A+2A SEQ.)

satorare

Match Penalty
Zuranthium is "debating" in a sense.
He thinks doing three 2A's is good, and I think it's shameful.
Some of the Koreans are frustrated by my posts.
If they think "yuna is great", why don't they praise her for doing three axels.
Or do they think it's shameful too?

Kypma

Final Flight
When Michelle comes back I want her to do 4 double Axels in sequence, like she did in her closing spot on the COI tour a three years ago. Only three would count, but she would get extra GOEs for an unusual and difficult entry (a 2A entry into a 2A+2A+2A SEQ.)

I think there was a thread a while back, about whether it was possibly to do a 2A+2A+SEQ with the new rules of no 3-turns, just mazurkas and other hops as such. I don't think a conclusion was reached, although I can't really remember now. Also, can a skater use a jump as a 'difficult entry' into another jump? I've never heard of that one before.

Kypma

feraina

Record Breaker

How ridiculous! There is no "shame" in doing any of these elements. Even if you could do 3 beautiful 2A's in a program like Yu-na, along with all her other difficult and wonderful elements (all of which I seriously doubt), it would still be immature and arrogant to call her skating "shameful." So I don't know where you are comng from.

Mao, and any other accomplished skater, should be ashamed to have a "fan" like you.

You don't have to be Korean to be polite and respectful.

I think there was a thread a while back, about whether it was possibly to do a 2A+2A+SEQ with the new rules of no 3-turns, just mazurkas and other hops as such. I don't think a conclusion was reached, although I can't really remember now.
If I remember correctly the people who contributed to that thread who were skaters themselves were all in agreement that this sequence is quite possible within the new rules. (The technique that Michelle actually used in COI, however, wouldn't pass muster.)

I also don't see anything in the rules that would prevent a three jump sequence. Of course if you did 2A+2A+2A SEQ you would only get 80% of base. Still, that's 8.4 (more than a triple Axel) and 9.24 if it's in the second half.
Also, can a skater use a jump as a 'difficult entry' into another jump? I've never heard of that one before.
No, I don't think so. I think if you did four only the first three would count and the last one would be just for fun. Maybe the fourth one would impress the judges in the same way that a split jump does and translate into some extra PCSs. (?)

(Kurt Browning did 7 double Axels in his "It's Easy" program -- all right on the beat of the music, so he should get something for interpretation and choreography for it. ;) )

Factoid: The first lady to do a double Axel was Carol Heiss in 1953. :clap:

Now...No more Korea bashing. We're here to discuss skating, not to vent personal frustrations and political animosities.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty

And, yet, you've still IGNORED the fact that Yu-Na's program is more difficult than most other womens' and ignored that fact that extra 2A's are a reward for skaters who compress extra Triple jumps into their jumping passes.

You've provided absolutely no reasoning at all as to why it's bad. You simply say that "it is". Your additional Korean-related comments are ludicrous (only Koreans support Yu-Na?? Ummm, no?) and you've pretty much become a caricature.

~Z