Yugudin's Olympic picks | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yugudin's Olympic picks

I think the article might have been written before the GP final and Japanese nationals. Alexei may be basing his opinion primarily on Miki's skate at Cup of Russia, where she showed marked improvements in presentation skills over previous seasons.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
May my predictions post GPF/Japan Nats/US Nats/Euros/and others be somewhere close to Yags predictions in terms of accuracy pre-all-those. :)

DG

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Ogre Mage said:
I agree with Alexei's predictions in both the women's and men's except that I think it is possible Buttle or Weir may be able to edge Joubert out for bronze, unless he has made some big leap in presentation which I am not aware of. In the ladies, being a die-hard MK fan, I would consider her a bronze medal contender as well. I'm not familiar with the pairs and dance events.

Sadly with the message the judges sent at Europeans with Joubert's proposterously exagerrated PCS scores, a European sweep for the men might now be a foregone conclusion. In a fair world, Buttle and Weir would be able to vye for bronze behind Plushenko and Lambiel, but in the nasty world that is figure skating the French federation has bought Joubert a silver or bronze.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
rain said:
Also, in pairs, he must have made his predictions before S/Z of China were expected to be there. I'd say they'll likely be on the podium if they're anywhere close to healthy.

Are you sure Shen/Zhou are LIKELY to be there? Could you show me an article that supports that? I have not heard anything to that extent, just faint hopes that they may be. Even if they somehow make it I wouldnt be surprised if they turn in a deflating performance struggling to do any moves that put pressure on his foot.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
nubka said:
Hmmm...I've been a big fan of Irina's for years, but "absolutely clean and perfect" aren't words that I would would to describe her skating, either, Yags...

True but he didnt say in those words she was did he. :) What he probably meant was Sasha will have to be clean and perfect to beat even a slightly flawed Irina, and that is very true. Also wouldnt Irina's long programs at Worlds, COC, COR, and GP final be considered completely clean? If so that is 4 of her last 5 long programs(her European long program was not completely clean).