Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 153 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
I'll be okay if people can articulate how Julia failed to convey the theme of the program but I can't help feeling that they can only get meaningful interpretations from their favorites' performances and look for a way to criticize Julia for what she doesn't even try to be.

Exactly. :yes:

@Meoima: Yuliet is great. I'm going to call her program like that. :biggrin:

As for the title of R&J, something along the line of Juliet in Love would be much more focused and provide a clue about what she is telling us.

Or....Juliet Meditation, as you said in the previous comment about Yulia meditating. I think it suits her perfectly. ;)

sjid

Final Flight
Or....Juliet Meditation, as you said in the previous comment about Yulia meditating. I think it suits her perfectly. ;)

Thanks for saying this, I really appreciate it. Meditation is just right. I thought of a title close to yours, Fantasia on Love from R&J, with or without the from R&J. Just when we think she can't get any better, she takes us into another dimension.

sjid

Final Flight
I literally rolled my eyes from reading that comment. Does Michelle have to look like an Arabian princess to skate to Scheherazade or does So Youn have any female skater have to look like a Vietnamese girl to skate to Miss Saigon? I'll be okay if people can articulate how Julia failed to convey the theme of the program but I can't help feeling that they can only get meaningful interpretations from their favorites' performances and look for a way to criticize Julia for what she doesn't even try to be. Honest, I was unsure of Julia's artistry last season but I think her artistry and presence have improved immensely in quality this season that I'm really drawn into her world and I could connect to her serene meditation on the experience of first love. I had the same feeling watching Baker/Hawayek's free dance. As soon as they did the very first glide on the ice, I was concinved that they are Romeo and Juliet.

bravo

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks for saying this, I really appreciate it. Meditation is just right. I thought of a title close to yours, Fantasia on Love from R&J, with or without the from R&J. Just when we think she can't get any better, she takes us into another dimension.

True. :yes:
Fantasia on Love is great. I love it.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I just re-watched Yulia's program in HD, and it was more incredible than I thought. Every gesture or position her hands make or the movements she makes all convey something about her and the music. I'm not articulate (or is it verbose) enough to put it into words but Yulia is showing even more personal thoughts and feelings to us on the ice. It's incredibly moving and I think when she goes clean many people will agree that this is just as much a masterpiece as Schindler's List. It's very different, yes, and people may not like that, but in someways it's deeper. She's making huge strides forward in showing her interpretation of the music.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've been working on editing my first fan video for Yulia. Any suggestions are welcome for clips to use :)

My software is pretty tricky to figure out so it may take some time to figure out but it looks pretty good so far.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I've been working on editing my first fan video for Yulia. Any suggestions are welcome for clips to use :)
My software is pretty tricky to figure out so it may take some time to figure out but it looks pretty good so far.
Something like a collection of her spins and spirals?

sjid

Final Flight
I just re-watched Yulia's program in HD, and it was more incredible than I thought. Every gesture or position her hands make or the movements she makes all convey something about her and the music. I'm not articulate (or is it verbose) enough to put it into words but Yulia is showing even more personal thoughts and feelings to us on the ice. It's incredibly moving and I think when she goes clean many people will agree that this is just as much a masterpiece as Schindler's List. It's very different, yes, and people may not like that, but in someways it's deeper. She's making huge strides forward in showing her interpretation of the music.

Don't feel bad, Isabel, she leaves all of us speechless. Yulia begins where words end.

After playing one of his piano compositions. someone in the audience asked Schumann to describe what it meant. He paused, then sat back down and played it again.

Alba

Record Breaker
Don't feel bad, Isabel, she leaves all of us speechless. Yulia begins where words end.

After playing one of his piano compositions. someone in the audience asked Schumann to describe what it meant. He paused, then sat back down and played it again.

I want to meet with you one day. :yes: :clap: