Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 154 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The clips you used have different resolution and quality I can see. Which editing program you are using?

Sony Vegas....I have it set to auto for resolution. I'll figure it out soon enough. I just put this one out fast because I finished it and it's somewhere to start from. I tried to focus setting the timing to the music more than anything. Now I can work out the details of transitions and resolution. Sony Vegas is very detailed.

FWIW I wasn't to discriminate when searching out the videos. Just wanted to jump in. I'll look for high quality feeds if possible going forward. ;)

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sony Vegas....I have it set to auto for resolution. I'll figure it out soon enough. I just put this one out fast because I finished it and it's somewhere to start from. I tried to focus setting the timing to the music more than anything. Now I can work out the details of transitions and resolution. Sony Vegas is very detailed.
FWIW I wasn't to discriminate when searching out the videos. Just wanted to jump in. I'll look for high quality feeds if possible going forward. ;)
Yeah, I used to try Adobe Premier but it's slow. I guess as long as you find comfortable with the program it's fine. If the clips are all HD definition then it's better to watch I suppose.

sjid

Final Flight
I've been working on editing my first fan video for Yulia. Any suggestions are welcome for clips to use :)

My software is pretty tricky to figure out so it may take some time to figure out but it looks pretty good so far.

Sam, I have two suggestions. One is to show similar movements in succession, in order to show your viewers that she has a vocabulary of movement. For example, R&J 1:34-1:39 is like the lifting of the curtain at the beginning of R&J (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJcD8B20ndU). Another example a little different is 1:20 - 1:38 from the same video, compare with 1:43 - 2:02 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0iusvydl8 . Papa had many favorite examples of repeated movements .

The second is to show a sequence either in very slow motion, or in motion that is interrupted so that every half-second or so is frozen. By watching her in
"spurts," we see much more detailed movement than at normal speed. We can appreciate how spectacularly athletic she is even between jumps and spins. She is at her best in Megapolis, the footwork section.

Meoima

Match Penalty
...:think:
Is it possible at all that she won't see this on social media? Wouldn't it make it awkward for the two of them? I definitely find it funny but I hope Yulia doesn't think much of these humorous fan musings...
Yuzuru won't see it for sure, since he doesn't have social network account and he follows Orser's advice not to google himself.
Yulia... Well... I guess she has seen something like this several times. I hope she doesn't mind much. She has many other stuffs to worry.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
Yulia's program uses music taken from R&J, and also uses complementary music in the middle section by Yann Tiersen (Mother's Journey, many thanks for that info, Sam). She (and I assume Ilya had a major hand in this) appropriates the music for a program that has nothing much to do with R&J. The title comes from Rota's compostion, but her program is more like a meditation on the experience of first love. We have the awakening, then tenderness (Rota), then a mystical spiritual experience (Yann T), then a full statement of emotion (back to Rota). Sam do you know where those first two phrases come from, where she covers her face and then lifts arms and head (this is the awakening)? There is a second awakening gesture just before the Yann T footwork section., following the spin. I mention this because this spin-awakening gesture sequence is nearly identical to Schindlers List just before the footwork section where she stopped up against the wall. This is all classic Yulia. I expect the footwork section to rival SL. The important thing to keep in mind is that her program doesn't really have much to do with the Shakespeare tragedy, it is philosophical-psychological, a meditation on first love.

In my opinion, Yulia's program should have been mainly based on Korzeniowski's Romeo & Juliet (btw a movie filmed mostly in my town 2 years ago! :love: ) but they had to include Rota's music to make it more recognizable soon at the beginning (and then at the end because it's always better when a theme is "circular"). Maybe they didn't have the courage to base a R&J program completely on a less known piece (even if that soundtrack has also another pair of musics that could works IMO). But I also like the step sequence based on Tiersen music because, even if the music belongs to a completely different story, that piece is tender, a little nostalgic, perfect for a R&J program and the two composers have also a similar style.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
Yuzuru won't see it for sure, since he doesn't have social network account and he follows Orser's advice not to google himself.
Yulia... Well... I guess she has seen something like this several times. I hope she doesn't mind much. She has many other stuffs to worry.

I remember one day Yulia said in an interview (maybe after Worlds in Japan) that she doesn't understand all this fandom between her and Yuzu... eheheh I don't believe it :rolleye:

sajoya

On the Ice

Is it possible at all that she won't see this on social media? Wouldn't it make it awkward for the two of them? I definitely find it funny but I hope Yulia doesn't think too much of these humorous fan musings...

My friend follows Yulia on VK. I asked her about this one time since I knew Yulia should have at least seen the shippings by now. She said that Yulia follows a FS page where the admin is a huge YuzuruXYulia shipper and tends to post about them a lot. Surprisingly, Yulia liked some of the posts and even would add the fanarts to her photos :slink: So we both came to the conclusion that Yulia doesn't mind it too much, but still...please respect them, fangirls :cry:

Alba

Record Breaker

Is it possible at all that she won't see this on social media? Wouldn't it make it awkward for the two of them? I definitely find it funny but I hope Yulia doesn't think too much of these humorous fan musings...

I think she knows and doesn't mind. As Alebi said she spoke about it in Saitama.
Anyway, this is funny and cute because they both did R&J. :biggrin:
The hair in Juliet style suits her so much. :love:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think she knows and doesn't mind. As Alebi said she spoke about it in Saitama.
Anyway, this is funny and cute because they both did R&J. :biggrin:
The hair in Juliet style suits her so much. :love:
Yeah. I don't think Yulia minds. She has another things to worry about.
And so coincidence that they both skate to R&J twice. :laugh:
I love Yulia's new hair style in her Yuliet Lp as well.

sjid

Final Flight
This confirms what I'd noticed from another video of the sp. She was a beat behind throughout the footwork section. She either changed the exit from the flying camel or she forgot something coming out of that spin, which caused the out-of-phase. Very unlikely it was intentional. She didn't recover until she threw her arms up at the end of the section. She didn't look too pleased after the performance probably for this reason.