Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 155 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Meoima

Match Penalty
This confirms what I'd noticed from another video of the sp. She was a beat behind throughout the footwork section. She either changed the exit from the flying camel or she forgot something coming out of that spin, which caused the out-of-phase. Very unlikely it was intentional. She didn't recover until she threw her arms up at the end of the section. She didn't look too pleased after the performance probably for this reason.
Give her time. Once she gets used to the program she will be alright.

Alba

Record Breaker
I have to say I just love this Spanish commentary. Paloma is always so kind and fair to all the girls.
Unlike italian commentators who were constantly critisizing Russians :mad:

Yes Rai are terrible, thanks to Bianconi. :eek:hwell:

Alba

Record Breaker
I am glad don't understand what they were talking about.

I don't watch them, unless I have when Eurosport doesn't show some competitions.
I'm happy with Eurosport and the italian commentators are great there.

sjid

Final Flight
Give her time. Once she gets used to the program she will be alright.

Sometimes it's the video. Compare these two videos of the same performance. In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si7m5m3SjVs there is no mismatch between visual and audio. But in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0t2m8cOYM the audio and video tracks aren't in synch. EuroSport made mush out of her brilliant effort. A million viewers think she is great without seeing how really great she is.

It may be that working intensely on R&J robs time needed to keep Megapolis in top form. You're right, time will take care of many problems, and she keeps talking about 4 years, the perfect armor for her arduous "job" (her word). But in the present there is the fallout from adjustment to fame, a late start, finding the right music, physical complications, and competing before prepared. That's a lot of weight. Then we add two superb but demanding programs with music that she is growing into. It's a steep uphill battle which she will enjoy if she has enough time. She deserves the best and much more, it will be everyone's loss if she can't realize the potential of her inspiring programs.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Sometimes it's the video. Compare these two videos of the same performance. In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si7m5m3SjVs there is no mismatch between visual and audio. But in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0t2m8cOYM the audio and video tracks aren't in synch. EuroSport made mush out of her brilliant effort. A million viewers think she is great without seeing how really great she is.

It may be that working intensely on R&J robs time needed to keep Megapolis in top form. You're right, time will take care of many problems, and she keeps talking about 4 years, the perfect armor for her arduous "job" (her word). But in the present there is the fallout from adjustment to fame, a late start, finding the right music, physical complications, and competing before prepared. That's a lot of weight. Then we add two superb but demanding programs with music that she is growing into. It's a steep uphill battle which she will enjoy if she has enough time. She deserves the best and much more, it will be everyone's loss if she can't realize the potential of her inspiring programs.
She will find the tune and balance both of her programs as the season goes, I believe.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very good editing there my friend. I like the music and video cuts.

Thank you but I deserve little credit. Yulia is the centerpiece and I'm telling you...the more I watch her movements the more I'm convinced that she feels this. I hope she continues to expand on this program and finally nails it. After she falls on the 3f it's a fight to catch back up and I'm convinced the next combo jump should have been timed up to the music. She had to rush back and we missed another heartfelt transition. I'm having fun editing...yes. But I'm also learning a lot about this program.

I need no thank you or praise. This is all Yulia's doing.

Glad you liked it though :p

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I saw Julia in person last weekend at Trophee Eric Bompard - this is the third year running I have had such a priviledge, and it has been wonderful to witness her progress over that time, first-hand.

I took lots of photos of Julia at TEB, and you can see some of them --> HERE

It's interesting to see her expressions before the free skate... and her expressions afterwards...!

Alba

Record Breaker
I saw Julia in person last weekend at Trophee Eric Bompard - this is the third year running I have had such a priviledge, and it has been wonderful to witness her progress over that time, first-hand.

I took lots of photos of Julia at TEB, and you can see some of them --> HERE

It's interesting to see her expressions before the free skate... and her expressions afterwards...!

Thank you so much. Beautiful pictures. :)

@Sam: Happy thanksgiving. :)
Love the video. :love:

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Happy Thanksgiving from America to all my friends wherever this may greet you :)

I started a new project for editing her FS. It's not done but I felt like sharing before I went and stuffed myself on Turkey dinner :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TOOC-lfUg#t=11

Happy Thanksgiving!! There's nothing like eating a bunch of food and watching NHK late at night

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you too! I fear I will be drunk while watching, hopefully I can keep my mouth shut on the boards :laugh2:

sjid

Final Flight
She will find the tune and balance both of her programs as the season goes, I believe.

Meoima, It's not just time. If you watch her at the Russian test skate skate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YaVfbMwtO0 has the more dramatic camera work) you will see two qualities which have been removed for CofC and TEB. First is 3-dimensional movement especially from about 1:47 to 2:10, and second the exciting horizontal thrusts of her arms, sometimes in quick bursts of 4 that mark off the rhythm propelling this section of music. This entire performance is super-charged, the so-called footwork section is volcanic. Before the season I wondered how she would handle this agitated music, I doubted she had the personality for it. I was so wrong. Just watch those electric extensions that reach to her toes and rocket to the tips of her fingers above her head. And the jagged, whip-like movements that animate her frenzy. This wild, dancer-from-hell presentation is a gem artistically, the mirror of Megapolis. But it consumes so much energy.

So here is my thought. At the open skate she had only one program. Now that she is required to also do the second, longer FS, she has to tune and balance Megapolis down to an energy level that allows her just to get through both programs. So far this results in far less drama, less character in Megapolis. The third dimension is gone in both CofC and TEB, no more slashing arms. She now appears to enjoy it less. Look at the smile at 3:06 where she raises her leg above her head at the triumph of the kite music (this move is also deleted in later performances). I have never seen her so involved in a performance. Finally, the test skate wasn't judged, she could take chances. I suspect we saw the greatest Megapolis of all time before the season even started. She has to make hard, practical choices, not even she can do it all so of course she will choose the safer options. Surely you are right about tuning and balancing to meet the demands of the system, but that won't bring out her most creative ideas and intense involvement. I hope I am wrong. I will certainly enjoy her performances, but I will sorely miss the risk-taking dynamo that she showed us in September.
'

Alba

Record Breaker
I suspect we saw the greatest Megapolis of all time before the season even started. She has to make hard, practical choices, not even she can do it all so of course she will choose the safer options. Surely you are right about tuning and balancing to meet the demands of the system, but that won't bring out her most creative ideas and intense involvement. I hope I am wrong. I will certainly enjoy her performances, but I will sorely miss the risk-taking dynamo that she showed us in September.
'

She will, once she's fully fit physically and comfortable enough in her new boots. ;)
Could be for nationals or Euros, and by Worlds I expect her to be in top form.

p.s. Can someone translate what Alexander Grishin is saying here about Yulia, please? Thanks. :)
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...ckaja_po_prezhnemu_v_stroju?ref=_newsblock_3_

Last edited:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
She will, once she's fully fit physically and comfortable enough in her new boots. ;)
Could be for nationals or Euros, and by Worlds I expect her to be in top form.

p.s. Can someone translate what Alexander Grishin is saying here about Yulia, please? Thanks. :)
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...ckaja_po_prezhnemu_v_stroju?ref=_newsblock_3_

The same old things: that she's got a perfect SP, but has decided to come back to the old 2013 LP and even used the same dress for the CoC, so it's not as good as her SP and she isn't quite ready to perform it without mistakes. That she's having psychological problems after the Olympics (he mentions she's introverted), but she's not giving up.

He makes a couple of mistakes. NOT the same dress and NOT the old LP.