Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 156 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
The same old things: that she's got a perfect SP, but has decided to come back to the old 2013 LP and even used the same dress for the CoC, so it's not as good as her SP and she isn't quite ready to perform it without mistakes. That she's having psychological problems after the Olympics (he mentions she's introverted), but she's not giving up.

How original. :sarcasm:
I saw the date and thought it was something new, and the title in english translation (with google though) said "Lipnitskaya still in service".
Didn't quite get the "still in service" meaning. :laugh:

He makes a couple of mistakes. NOT the same dress and NOT the old LP

Very big mistake. Especially about the program. I suppose he didn't see TEB, then, or even CoC for that matter.
A part from the dress of course. :rolleye:

Thank you Fayruza. :)

Last edited:

sjid

Final Flight
She will, once she's fully fit physically and comfortable enough in her new boots. ;)
Could be for nationals or Euros, and by Worlds I expect her to be in top form.

Since you are usually right, and I am wrong even more often than you are right, I can rest now. But I just don't see how performing those two programs at their highest levels within a 24 hour period is humanly possible. I watch the Russian test skate in utter disbelief.

Is she still having problems with her skates? If there is an alignment problem in ankle or foot, she won't be comfortable no matter how many skates she tries. She grossly abuses her ankles every day, which makes her a prime candidate for foot and ankle problems. So if she is still having problems after several skates, she should get a computer scan of her ankle and foot, from which a precisely designed insert can be made if needed. Custom inserts compensate for abnormal position and pain disappears like magic. Injuries are cumulative, so they would be smart to scan her periodically even if she feels fine. The equipment to do this is common.

Grishin would make anyone into an introvert. Really creative people usually appear introverted, and then they pour out their souls into the world. Another barking expert dog.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
How original. :sarcasm:
I saw the date and thought it was something new, and the title in english translation (with google though) said "Lipnitskaya still in service".
Didn't quite get the "still in service" meaning. :laugh:

Very big mistake. Especially about the program. I suppose he didn't see TEB, then, or even CoC for that matter.
A part from the dress of course. :rolleye:

Thank you Fayruza. :)

My pleasure!

Yeah, I can only guess what google would say about Липницкая в строю! It just means she hasn't altogether lost her form. :)

As ever, many people will continue making this mistakes - the most infuriating thing is that it's a Russian commentator, so he should know better than to say just that! Highly unprofessional, I'd say - Julia's 2012 programme is readily available on youtube, and one can find differences between her present LP and the old one, as well as one can see the dress isn't the same.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Since you are usually right, and I am wrong even more often than you are right, I can rest now. But I just don't see how performing those two programs at their highest levels within a 24 hour period is humanly possible. I watch the Russian test skate in utter disbelief.

Is she still having problems with her skates? If there is an alignment problem in ankle or foot, she won't be comfortable no matter how many skates she tries. She grossly abuses her ankles every day, which makes her a prime candidate for foot and ankle problems. So if she is still having problems after several skates, she should get a computer scan of her ankle and foot, from which a precisely designed insert can be made if needed. Custom inserts compensate for abnormal position and pain disappears like magic. Injuries are cumulative, so they would be smart to scan her periodically even if she feels fine. The equipment to do this is common.

Grishin would make anyone into an introvert. Really creative people usually appear introverted, and then they pour out their souls into the world. Another barking expert dog.

It's not like she has problems in the sense of injury or something. These boots are light and she doesn't feel comfortable yet.
So it's a matter of getting used to it. That's why she has downgraded her usual tech content. The content she used in TEB for example is the one she used in juniors.
I'm not always right :biggrin:, but the problems I see are all related to her physical preparation, boots and late LP program.
These are all problems that with time can be very well resolved, and usually the more you advance the better you become.
The only incognito is how much this will effect her mental strength.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's not like she has problems in the sense of injury or something. These boots are light and she doesn't feel comfortable yet.
So it's a matter of getting used to it. That's why she has downgraded her usual tech content. The content she used in TEB for example is the one she used in juniors.
I'm not always right :biggrin:, but the problems I see are all related to her physical preparation, boots and late LP program.
These are all problems that with time can be very well resolved, and usually the more you advance the better you become.
The only incognito is how much this will effect her mental strength.
Edea boots are known for being light and easy to break in. But they also get worn out easily. I am afraid Yulia might have to change boots more often with Edea.
But I think she will get used to it in no time.

Alba

Record Breaker
Edea boots are known for being light and easy to break in. But they also get worn out easily. I am afraid Yulia might have to change boots more often with Edea.
But I think she will get used to it in no time.

Yes, she said that she feels like she's wearing flip flops? :biggrin:
But if you have to change them frequently, is there a risk that you have to get used to them each time, or once you get used to them there is no problem no matter how many times you change them?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, she said that she feels like she's wearing flip flops? :biggrin:
But if you have to change them frequently, is there a risk that you have to get used to them each time, or once you get used to them there is no problem no matter how many times you change them?
It depends on her legs, though. I don't know how she feel about using Edea.
Both Yuzuru and PChan have used Edea for years. There's some bad rumors about Edea not having custom boots but there have been quite a lot top skaters use them. At least top skaters don't have to worry about the price when they change boots and they can change as many times as they want.

Alba

Record Breaker
It depends on her legs, though. I don't know how she feel about using Edea.
Both Yuzuru and PChan have used Edea for years. There's some bad rumors about Edea not having custom boots but there have been quite a lot top skaters use them. At least top skaters don't have to worry about the price when they change boots and they can change as many times as they want.

Thanks for the info.
I hope she will be ok.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thanks for the info.
I hope she will be ok.
In US people don't like Edea much. But some people who have used them said Edea is soft and easy to break it, of course they feel the boots too loose in the first place, not solid enough but Edea is soft it might be less harmful to the legs. So I think it might be better for Yulia in the long run. ShE always has this boot problem I hope she will be fine.

Alba

Record Breaker
So I think it might be better for Yulia in the long run. ShE always has this boot problem I hope she will be fine.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Probably it's better for her in the long run. But I hope she doesn't have to get used to them each time she has to change.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yulia's 3Sal was near perfect at TEB so the new boots have potential. I'm thinking she is also breaking in more than just a new pair of boots but maybe even a whole new Yulia. Renewing ambition and identifying what her ideal end result is and how best to achieve it. I think the boot strategy is a good decision and one we will likely look back on in a year or so with approval if for nothing else but simply for her safety and well being.

Last edited:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Yulia's 3Sal was near perfect at TEB so the new boots have potential. I'm thinking she is also breaking in more than just a new pair of boots but maybe even a whole new Yulia. Renewing ambition and identifying what her ideal end result is and how best to achieve it. I think the boot strategy is a good decision and one we will likely look back on in a year or so with approval if for nothing else but simply for her safety and well being.

I almost forgot to comment about it here. That 3 Sal really was amazing, especially since she doubled the loop right before it.

Onto more selfish comments, when I was practicing last week I couldn't do any of my double jumps (it's only been a few weeks since I started skating again, more importantly I couldn't even get the proper air position), and yet this week shortly after I watched her TEB FS I suddenly not only got the air position, but started landing my 2Sal and 2Toe.

Apparently Yulia inspired my subconscious mind. She really is incredible isn't she? :cheer: :biggrin:

Alba

Record Breaker
There is a lot of material on this website. I think it's all about Yulia.
http://translate.googleusercontent....ja.ru/&usg=ALkJrhhkxq3pxbUSQ2WJlC4_AAy7tJ0LeQ

Mutko about figure skating

November 28, 2014

We offer you an excerpt from an interview with the Minister for Sport "Sport Express"

- More about figure skating - recently a lot of twists of different properties around Julia Lipnitskaya. You it as a support?

- Of Course! We support and will support. Julia - a very serious athlete, but after the phenomenal success of a problem returning to normal starts. I can say that with his coach Lipnitskaya it quite successfully overcome - I try to keep

the situation under review. And if there are any other problems, we will help to solve them.

The same applies to Adelina Sotnikova. Generally, in the women's figure skating at us now, such competition that can only be happy - except Lipnitskaya and Sotnikova have Lisa Tuktamysheva, Lena Radionova Anya Pogorilaya. Here as well, and would be in other sports! All of our young stars we certainly supported and will support.
http://translate.googleusercontent....51287/&usg=ALkJrhgCyHE3J-sHl7X-wDsnjb93D24SOw

Some interesting thoughts in this blog. ;)
http://translate.googleusercontent....5.html&usg=ALkJrhgMH1TktLu_vLQf3JYhqVKkCWj9Dg

This is a nice article: http://translate.googleusercontent....t=anpo&usg=ALkJrhg5hTiYCz4yk9CjLYCQGVcaU24oEA

http://translate.googleusercontent....8.html&usg=ALkJrhggspj1pTnFbM8jvdye8TmZ1u2dKw

Voronov about Yulia:

She reached such heights with their work, sweat and blood. I can accept that in some moments overabundance of attention is difficult to carry, it can be annoying. And call her stupid little disruption rudeness or ignorance. You imagine how unfamiliar aunts and uncles are beginning constantly pull you by the sleeve and interested in everything, down to his personal life. It is necessary to know when to stop. We also still have a national property - people very quickly elevate to heaven, and then more quickly buried.

- What Lipnitskaya learn from?

- Resistance. It day in and day trains like a machine. And she almost never crashes. To this we must strive for, what I'm doing.

http://translate.googleusercontent....&one=0&usg=ALkJrhjAwbG_uA08Fcl3MZBznEXSIsFlFQ

Another blog ;): http://translate.googleusercontent....skaya/&usg=ALkJrhhg4-f9tl6tgbmoOofxKaerr8jxhg

This is from Sochi, but you should read it. :)

"Julia Lipnitskaya and Eteri Tutberidze - the most beautiful thing that has happened in the Russian figure skating for many years."
http://translate.googleusercontent....8.html&usg=ALkJrhgYGZ6OYI_BulztsQot8tHBS1FQLg

Yuzulia: http://cs622431.vk.me/v622431512/949e/_O6CH1kz0j4.jpg
:laugh:

Last edited: