Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 383 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alba

Record Breaker
:thumbsup:

I typed a response to some people in the thread, but deleted it. I don't even want them to reply to my post and then draw that line of topic out further, enough people have already said their piece on it.

It's a lost case. Don't waste your time on it. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
I know how you feel :( I won't give up my hope in her until she denounces this sport forever. But really, I recognized that all of Yulia's biggest fans (including me, one of her biggest fans) love HER more than they love her skating.

Speak for yourself. I love her skating since she was a little child. I'm a bit surprised that some feel disappointed. I mentioned here this summer do not expect from her miracle this season. She will have a difficult season and it was obvious, much so now that she has grown sooo much. I'm waiting patiently and she should be patient too. It's a long road and she is very young. Give up on her? Never! Until she gives up.

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Speak for yourself. I love her skating since she was a little child. I'm a bit surprised that some feel disappointed. I mentioned here this summer do not expect from her this season miracles. Sh will have a difficult season and it was obvious, much so now that she has grown sooo much. I'm waiting patiently and she should be patient too. It's a long road and she is very young. Give up on her? Never, until she gives up.

This!

yuliahana

Rinkside
Yulia's new FS is so so so beautiful!!! And her costume is also very glaceful while skating. Although jumps are still not ok, it can't prevent us from loving this program. I'm very looking forward to seeing this FS can be CLEAN one time in the near future.

Aestheticprawn

On the Ice
Speak for yourself. I love her skating since she was a little child. I'm a bit surprised that some feel disappointed. I mentioned here this summer do not expect from her this season miracles. Sh will have a difficult season and it was obvious, much so now that she has grown sooo much. I'm waiting patiently and she should be patient too. It's a long road and she is very young. Give up on her? Never, until she gives up.

Couldn't have said it better myself

yuliahana

Rinkside

Totally agree with you! Never give up on Yulia until she gives up.

moviebuff

On the Ice
I just watched a version with the K&C vid, what is the big freakin' deal?! Did I miss something? All she did was take and put the flower down in a hurry....and there were A LOT of them. LOL....there were no glares, and afterwards she was engaged in conversation with Eteri, no pouting, she wasn't even frowning (that much compared to like say..COC2012/14).

Again, obviously it would have been nicer for her to take her time with those girls and poor poor flowers....but seriously people, mountain out of a molehill much?

Alba

Record Breaker
Good for you, I may do the same. Probably better than continuing to engage.

I reported some posts there. I'm bad.

I would leave it, ignore it, if I were you. Some react like this because they do not like her and now is the "right time" to attack. Some are just too engaged and obsessed with what happens in K&C. It's childish and I wouldn't bother.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I really like this program for Yulia. I think she puts a lot of pressure on herself. I think she just needs to relax. I think she picked in too hard for that triple flip and that's why she fell. She's obviously grown quite a bit and is still adjusting. She needs to stop forcing her jumps to happen. They will happen.

Alba

Record Breaker
She needs to stop forcing her jumps to happen. They will happen.

Yep! I know, easier said than done but she has so many good qualities that she should just give it all and perform. Forget the jumps, they will happen when they will happen. The most important thing now is to get in good shape. That's the main problem I see right now. I hope her staying in US before the GP will help her relax.

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
I just watched a version with the K&C vid, what is the big freakin' deal?! Did I miss something? All she did was take and put the flower down in a hurry....and there were A LOT of them. LOL....there were no glares, and afterwards she was engaged in conversation with Eteri, no pouting, she wasn't even frowning (that much compared to like say..COC2012/14).

Again, obviously it would have been nicer for her to take her time with those girls and poor poor flowers....but seriously people, mountain out of a molehill much?

She was kinda just tossing them absentmindedly at first, but when this one girl approached with another batch of flowers, I think she got annoyed cause she reached out and snatched them rather aggressively and threw them onto the pile. We all act out reflexively sometimes, I don't blame her for that. It's just not the biggest issue she has right now. She has no obligation to be gracious and smiley after a bad performance, but I can't argue with those who say it would serve her well to atleast try, especially in a sport like this...she certainly didn't seem as hostile as some are trying to make her out to be.

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
Thanks Alba for linking the FS. Just came home from work and watched it. While I get where Yulia is going with the dress (in the right direction), I feel like if it was a dark navy blue, without the sailors tie, it would look more elegant and mature. Kind of like the dress Sasha Cohen wore in her Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. But anyway…

I absolutely love the choreography. Beautiful doesn’t begin to describe it. I remember hating the music when I watched Yulia skate in the test skates, thinking it was boring and sounded like “elevator music.” But now, with everything pieced together, I see why Yulia choose it. It’s very deep and soulful, and thus, a perfect fit for her. :love:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
She is famous, what would you expect?:no: People try to nitpick everything she does and to see something that's not even there

moviebuff

On the Ice
She was kinda just tossing them absentmindedly at first, but when this one girl approached with another batch of flowers, I think she got annoyed cause she reached out and snatched them rather aggressively and threw them onto the pile. We all act out reflexively sometimes, I don't blame her for that. It's just not the biggest issue she has right now. She has no obligation to be gracious and smiley after a bad performance, but I can't argue with those who say it would serve her well to atleast try, especially in a sport like this...she certainly didn't seem as hostile as some are trying to make her out to be.
That is true. I guess that's one more thing her for to work on in the US. :biggrin: *smiles and waves at audience* *hugs and kisses for flower girls and boys* *not physically abuse the flowers* :rofl:

Oh hey, look who's smiling at the medal ceremony.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Thanks Alba for linking the FS. Just came home from work and watched it. While I get where Yulia is going with the dress (in the right direction), I feel like if it was a dark navy blue, without the sailors tie, it would look more elegant and mature. Kind of like the dress Sasha Cohen wore in her Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. But anyway…

I absolutely love the choreography. Beautiful doesn’t begin to describe it. I remember hating the music when I watched Yulia skate in the test skates, thinking it was boring and sounded like “elevator music.” But now, with everything pieced together, I see why Yulia choose it. It’s very deep and soulful, and thus, a perfect fit for her. :love:

I prefer it to her sp:) Absolutely gorgeous

MK's Winter

Record Breaker

This was my issue. I said it in the Finlandia thread. Flower girls are just little girls and probably took it to heart, small girls are like that. I have three of them lol. People gave Yulia a bunch of crap because of the medal thing last year, she's is still working through the growing pains and everyone bid picking that apart. I just don't want anymore negative attention for her.