Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 382 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

alebi

Medalist
https://pp.vk.me/c628721/v628721846/201aa/6sr_mRkdcbA.jpg

here is the list with the local Finnish time, but I don't know what time it will be at your place...

The competition starts at 16:00. There are 3 groups of 16 skaters in total and is 14th (4rth of the 3rd group). So I guess around 18:15?

Thank you both! I think Finland is one hour ahead (I'm in Italy)... now I'm very confused... it'll be 18:15 or 17:15 my time?? :confused:

edit: they're already showing the Live! So it'll be at 17:15. Thank you again for the list, very precious! :agree:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am so excited for Julia!! :cheer: I just hope she will be pleased with how she skates today, I know I will love watching her no matter what!

witcher

Match Penalty
They probably have the same style consultant. But comparing Yulia's dress with Ekaterina`s I'd say Yulia wins with flying colors. ;)
:laugh2:

[I just went through FinTrophy thread and read all live comments of people shocked by the dress, I loled so hard at their reactions! :laugh:]
Julia you lil' trendsetter, I love what you're doing to us! :biggrin:

Last edited:

laybacklipnitskaia

Spectator
I feel so bad for Julia. She looks like she doesn't even want to skate. Like she's fighting through the routine rather than living it. I'm a huge fan of her and I just hope she hasn't lost her love for skating, as when I watch her skate, I feel like she doesn't enjoy it. :/ I hope she can beat those nerves and show us her amazing talent once again. I believe she can be World Champion. She just needs to believe in herself.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yulia's FS I still have some issues with the choreography and until she's not in good physical form this program doesn't work. It needs speed, flow and much better interpretation. All things missing here.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Yulia's FS I still have some issues with the choreography and I until she's not in good physical form this program doesn't work. It needs speed, flow and much better interpretation. All things missing here.

Yes, like I already said in other thread, it's clear as day that physically she's not ready to skate the whole programm. But it's still VERY beautiful, I like it very much.

And she lands all the jumps at practices. She needs confidence boost ASAP. Will she compete somewhere else before GPs?

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, like I already said in other thread, it's clear as day that physically she's not ready to skate the whole programm. But it's still VERY beautiful, I like it very much.

And she lands all the jumps at practices. She needs confidence boost ASAP. Will she compete somewhere else before GPs?

No I don't think so and at this point it's not like it will help either. She is going to US and finish the choreo with Zoueva, she said a while ago. It's much better this way. That program still needs a lot of work.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
No I don't think so and at this point it's not like it will help either. She is going to US and finish the choreo with Zoueva, she said a while ago. It's much better this way. That program still needs a lot of work.

I agree. She needs to work not only on her programms but also on her cardio. She started very well, despite missed combos. Zoueva actually can put some confidence in her head :biggrin:

By the way, the copetition thread is terrible. People there are dissing Yulia for being 'not polite enough to flower girls and not smiling'. I mean, this is ridiculous...

StunninglyUnique

Rinkside
To be quite honest her FS today was absolutely beautiful and a lot improved. The jumps were nice, the one she nailed so the only thing for her is to be able to skate a whole program clean. I'm slowly losing my hope for Yulia to be honest (don't hate on me) And it really messes with my nerves how someone so talented and someone who really can be at the top is falling apart :(

EDIT: YAAAY for no edge call on her Lutz

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
To be quite honest her FS today was absolutely beautiful and a lot improved. The jumps were nice, the one she nailed so the only thing for her is to be able to skate a whole program clean. I'm slowly losing my hope for Yulia to be honest (don't hate on me) And it really messes with my nerves how someone so talented and someone who really can be at the top is falling apart :(

Yes, choreographically I was actually REALLY impressed and think it has improved A LOT since the test skates... it is a beautiful program, and I think actually that even with the jump mistakes she skates it beautifully.

I have definitely not lost hope for her, but do have to admit that her jumps are not what they once were... the consistency that she had on them is gone. I hope her team will get to the root of the problem since everything else is still there, and those things make her SUCH a special skater.

Alba

Record Breaker
By the way, the copetition thread is terrible. People there are dissing Yulia for being 'not polite enough to flower girls and not smiling'. I mean, this is ridiculous...

It's the most favorite "discipline" among FS fans. ;) Go figure.

tulosai

Record Breaker

I think the majority don't actually agree based on reaction to my long *** post there about this... it is just a few very vocal very annoying kind of mean people.

moviebuff

On the Ice
She moved beautifully across the ice in the FS today (I was getting brief moments of Sasha flashbacks...the posture :love:). I liked it so so so much here than at the test skates...but that's just me.

Now, baby girl needs to fly over to the US asap and work! :cheer2:

Imagine

Medalist
Well it's not as bad as I expected. Jumps, obviously need a lot of work, but everything else has become so glorious...that step sequence was lovely. And I love Yulia, but she clearly hates flowers or something...granted they are giving her ridiculous amounts of them. I guess she's still frustrated with the attention.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I think the majority don't actually agree based on reaction to my long *** post there about this... it is just a few very vocal very annoying kind of mean people.

:thumbsup:

I typed a response to some people in the thread, but deleted it. I don't even want them to reply to my post and then draw that line of topic out further, enough people have already said their piece on it.

Unhappy faces in the K&C are nothing new & skaters really don't interact with the children collectors that often anyway :shrug: But, I digress....

Aestheticprawn

On the Ice

I know how you feel :( I won't give up my hope in her until she denounces this sport forever. But really, I recognized that all of Yulia's biggest fans (including me, one of her biggest fans) love HER more than they love her skating. As for Yulia's attitude towards the flower girls, I think it was a bit rude but I understand. I remember doing my back spin over and over and over and I couldn't get more than one rotation. I got really frustrated and kinda short with everyone. I see where she is coming from but she does have a bit of a, how you say, "childish attitude". By that I mean, doesn't smile for cameras at times, can be (very) short with people, gets frustrated easily, doesn't like talking to reporters and much more. I think this is caused partiality by her father. He left her and she grew up not wanting to trust anyone before she really knew them. Idk, just speculations for me.

waterskiiiepic123

On the Ice

You're losing faith in a 17 years old athlete, strange, Witt started winning titles at the age of 18 , her first Olympic at 20 and her second 24, give this girl a break, let her mature in peace and in 1-2 years come here and judge.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well it's not as bad as I expected. Jumps, obviously need a lot of work, but everything else has become so glorious...that step sequence was lovely. And I love Yulia, but she clearly hates flowers or something...granted they are giving her ridiculous amounts of them. I guess she's still frustrated with the attention.

I mean I think to be honest she probably just has no need for this stuff and probably has to figure out how to donate it to the nearest hospital or whatever, so it is more of an annoyance than a happy thing. Probably in reality she could afford to act less annoyed (even if she is) by gifts people paid money on for her, but most people just don't get/understand that she is not going to actually take hundreds of roses and stuffed animals on a plane with her and has no use for these things, having hundreds already at home. For lesser skaters who get less stuff it is probably very nice but when you are truly famous/popular there's just no need for this stuff.