Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 239 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The B tour for Fantasy on Ice has announced two shows a day plus no lottery, tickets sold on first come first served. This is really fuelling speculation that Yuzu won't be there, only for the A tour.

Which would presumably mean he has other plans. Can't wait to hear what...

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The B tour for Fantasy on Ice has announced two shows a day plus no lottery, tickets sold on first come first served. This is really fuelling speculation that Yuzu won't be there, only for the A tour.

Which would presumably mean he has other plans. Can't wait to hear what...
Indeed it's official:
https://twitter.com/Fantasy_on_Ice/status/1769650179651907807?ref_url=

Some are already dreaming that he might be in Florence:
https://twitter.com/chicconeri/status/1769657119706354172?ref_url=

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
RE_PRAY in Miyagi Day 2 (April 9th) will be shown live in movie theatres across Japan, then delayed on 13th:
https://twitter.com/repray_icestory/status/1769544254865428570

I say, it's very kind and considerate of him not to choose Day 1 (April 7th) because it's the last day of Stars on Ice; therefore, those who won't have got tickets for Day 1 (that is, most applicants) may if they wish buy a ticket for Stars on Ice in Yokohama last show (April 7th too) while knowing that they can watch RE_PRAY in Miyagi Day 2 either at the venue if they got a ticket, or near where they live, or in Yokohama if they decide to stay there a bit longer.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is it a far-fetched hope that RE_PRAY might one day appear on Disney+ or something?
Well, GIFT itself as well as it being on Disney+ were not even dreams we thought to dream, could have even imagined... let alone the Gucci ambassadorship. So with Yuzuru, who knows? :giggle: If it does, he'd pick the show he thought the best.

Magill

Record Breaker
Saw many fans on Twitter already speculating about his appearance at Milan Fashion Week this year. I think it is a high possibility, so let's wait together!
I remember he mentioned Italy in one of his recent long interviews - I think, Ana's 100 Q&A, was it? - as one of two countries he liked the best and would like to go back to most, next to Finland. He then received warm invitations from both embassies. So maybe, maybe.... :)
I also think very tentatively that maybe, just maybe, it would be a little more probable to have him come to Europe - namely, Italy - with his show.... Gucci could have a PR feast and we would have a feast as well.... :love:

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I remember he mentioned Italy in one of his recent long interviews - I think, Ana's 100 Q&A, was it? - as one of two countries he liked the best and would like to go back to most, next to Finland. He then received warm invitations from both embassies. So maybe, maybe.... :)
I also think very tentatively that maybe, just maybe, it would be a little more probable to have him come to Europe - namely, Italy - with his show.... Gucci could have a PR feast and we would have a feast as well.... :love:
Italian fans are hoping and wishing online. It would be amazing.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
The bags with Sendai silk were not the "only" thing Gucci did for the recovery of Tohoku after the Great Eastern Earthquake:
https://twitter.com/yuzurujenn/status/1769722764183892056?ref_url=

Now, I didn't even know that there was a Gucci store in Sendai, but some fans have said that if they win at the RE_PRAY in Miyagi ticket lottery, they'll buy things in this shop, and wondering if Gucci had planned to stock heavily this shop for the occasion...
(I bet that the Maison Cœlacanthe confectionary and many other trades are happily expecting these shows!)

Magill

Record Breaker
Vogue is really determined to have him, isn'tit?
https://twitter.com/voguejp/status/1769650418521428198

They seem to announce "It will be interesting to see what kind of collaboration will develop between Yuzuru Hanyu, who continues to make innovative jumps and fascinate the world, and Gucci, a long-established maison" :)
So, yeah, I guess they'd be happy to present the collaboration on their pages the way Elle did last year :)
And to think Yuzu was worried no one would be interested in him any more when he is out of competitions ...

Magill

Record Breaker
Italian fans are hoping and wishing online. It would be amazing.
I happily join them in their prayers , as surely many European fans do. Italy is always great to travel to, and with Yuzu at the destination - wow, it would be a dream come true !!! :love:
Not to mention, there is also next OG in Milan which the 2xOGM and Gucci Ambassador might wish to grace with his presence parading his fancy Gucci outfit, too :love:

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
To move away for a sec from fascinating prospects and high hopes connected to Yuzu's Gucci ambassadorship, a very interesting interview from Sakigake News was translated and posted on Twitter by fans, still regarding Notte Stellata as Yuzu's thoughts on the Great East Japan Earthquake anniversary.

Magill

Record Breaker
So it is official. Yuzuru is not on the list of skaters published by FaOI official website for the B tour. Still great to have him for the 2 shows from the A part!

Meanwhile Jason Brown interviewed today at the Worlds site after preliminary practice commented on Yuzu and his own participation in the Notte Stellata show just before Worlds (cross-posting from Jason's FF, thank you, guys :thank: :))

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
So it is official. Yuzuru is not on the list of skaters published by FaOI official website for the B tour. Still great to have him for the 2 shows from the A part!

Meanwhile Jason Brown interviewed today at the Worlds site after preliminary practice commented on Yuzu and his own participation in the Notte Stellata show just before Worlds (cross-posting from Jason's FF, thank you, guys :thank: :))
This tour B, if Javier Fernández goes back to fitness, will be packed with most of the best skaters out there, skating quality and performance-wise ("too many gentlemen" though, sorry Andrew Davies). I wouldn't go round the World to see them live, but I would like to see them from closer.
I think that it will be a test?
I hope that there will be many people, but there are less sponsors, and no TV, without Yuzuru Hanyu:

Magill

Record Breaker
This tour B, if Javier Fernández goes back to fitness, will be packed with most of the best skaters out there, skating quality and performance-wise ("too many gentlemen" though, sorry Andrew Davies). I wouldn't go round the World to see them live, but I would like to see them from closer.
I think that it will be a test?
I hope that there will be many people, but there are less sponsors, and no TV, without Yuzuru Hanyu:

This is very true. Both lineups are splendid. But, for one reason or another, there are quite a few more skaters on part B. I wonder why this might be... Anyway, great to have Yuzu for Part A and wishing FaOI all the best for Part B, too. It's been my favourite of those multiple-skater shows (Yuzu's own shows are a different category to me), maybe because of the live musicians and singers, which would usually require new programs from skaters, just for this occasion, and an amazing vibe of skating to live music.:love:

Last edited: