November 6, 2020
November 8, 2020
2020 Cup of China is the third event of the 2020-21 Grand Prix series and will take place at the Chongqing Huaxi Culture and Sports Center, Nov. 6-8, 2020, in Chongqing, China. The ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of six international senior invitational events and culminates with the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. However, due to COVID-19, the Final has been postponed for this season and no World standing or ranking points will be awarded in the Grand Prix events.
Note: In light of the pandemic, the usual selection criteria do not apply for the 2020-21 Grand Prix season. The competitors will be invited according to the following principles:
- The top 6 Skaters/Teams from the ISU Grand Prix List are given priority to be selected for a Grand Prix event provided they reside/train in one of the Grand Prix Member countries, or have no travel restrictions to travel to a Grand Prix Member country in the nearby area.
- The top 7-12 Skaters (for Ladies and Men), Top 7-10 Couples (for Pair Skating and Ice Dance) from the Grand Prix List are given second priority to be selected for a Grand Prix.
- The top 24 Season’s best and World Standings Skaters/Couples for season 2019/20 (not included in the above) will have third priority for selection.
- The remaining entries will be from Skaters/Teams in the top 75 season’s best list from 2019/20 and up to two Skaters/Teams from the Organizing Grand Prix Member (off list).
- If there are no available Skaters/Teams left in the top 75, the Organizing Grand Prix Member may invite any other Skater training in the Organizing Grand Prix Member’s country.