2015 US Nationals Senior Men FS Jan 25 | Page 74 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Senior Men FS Jan 25

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
:agree: Yuzuru would not have trouble finding a partner...

This Pooh thing is becominga mockery. Our theme song on this site should be LET IT GO! You would think this was the second coming or something. I think we should let Yuruzu just find himself and date who ever he wants men or women.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Me too, American guys seem much sweeter. Plus Adam is such a good looking guy, Josh is cute...Jason is so adorable and I want to squeeze his cheeks!

And cut Jason's hair into something funky! Sorry people shouldn't have long hair for he sake of long hair it should have purpose - not sure what Jason is trying to say.

Eislauf

On the Ice
Musical tastes are very subjective but I also wonder whether "Juke" as a piece of music may simply be less accessible, not as easy to listen to, as "Parisian Walkways" or "Blues for Kook". Musically, these two pieces are arranged at a lower pitch than "Juke". Maybe they also offer up rhythmic qualities that seem better suited for skating? But it's fun to think about Rohene skating to Juke. I imagine he'd probably slay it.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
ETA: I think by the same accord, however, I think it's reasonable and OK to praise Jason for standing up to the pressure cooker of being one of the favorites for Nationals. Even if you disagree with the result and the judging, Jason still did his job -- turn in two nearly clean programs under pressure. I don't think that's the same as saying that Jason is on the level of the World's top skaters. :)
Of course! I think Jason's (relative) consistency is excellent. I don't think his title is undeserved--I'd be happy with any of the Top 3 winning. I'm also very impressed by how Jason laid down his LP, after Adam darn near blew the roof off.

Meoima

Match Penalty
As for Adam deserving to win - I think it could have gone either way. After all, his SP was not that great, and none of his two quad lutzes were fully rotated.
I think Adams' SP score was a bit too low. Both Tara and Johnny think the same IIRC. Bear in mind that I am not their fan but I agree with them. Had they score him a litter higher in the SP, he could have won here.
But nevertheless I think it's a close call. Jason is more consistent and more CoP/PCS friendly. I think Jason did very well.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think Jason did very well.

I think the top four did very very well.

It i is sad Max's season is over, but honestly I think all three going to 4CC stand to gain A LOT! from going. Either get nerves out there, or rock it and ride a wave into worlds.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I am deeply disturbed and very disappointed with some people's prejudice against the Pooh. I expect better things from the GS. Winnie is the best thing happened to this sport since the invention of Elvis Stojko's karate hands!

Frankly these days, I only watch Hanyu just to to catch the sight of the Pooh at rink side. Oh~! The incredibly warm and fuzzy feeling of comfort and joy, along with forgive and forgetfulness makes Hanyu the most transcendental skater around. Pooh is the perfect foil to the sour faced rosey cheeked Orser after a bad skate. The perfect defender after another round of outrageous phantasy component scoring, one just have to awww @ Pooh's ever so reliable smile and cute podgy behind; 98% naysayer's hostility and vengefulness automatically melt away... into a warm puddle of BBQed marshmellows on a quiet chilly night. Pooh is the best chaperon to all the latest Hanyu costume 'spectacle', with his impressive Pooh style classicly cut red shirt of impeccable length and immaculate fitting. Johnny Weir can only dream to have such good taste or style as the Pooh! Having a famous BBF (bestest bear friend) like Pooh only raises Hanyu's international profiles enormously (as well as this sport). His most loyal defender, bouncer, fluffer, wingman, consummate protector, all rolled in one. Comrade in arms, defender of the quad salcow, a new fav animal friend to the Winniverse.

The naysayers just have to face the fact Pooh is here to stay. A Pooh bear is a friend for life!! The Pooh will likely to out last all your GS accounts! It will outlast Hanyu's coaching relationships! It is likely to outlast Hanyu's romantic adventures/troubles and even bromance with Javi and Nam. It may even outlast his incredible costume phases! Pooh will be right there @ Hanyu's first driving test, at his graduation, at each of his birthdays, at Hanyu's wedding, be there at his children Christening, @ his bed side in the hostpitals when he is sick, and certainly will be there when he receive his 2nd Olympic medal. Hell and high water, Snow Storm and Tsunami lightening be d*mned, you can count on the Pooh!

Equality for Pooh!!
Defender of Winnie!!!
Winnie for president of ISU!!!

OMG!!! I´m dying!!!!:laugh2::rofl::bow:

Cleo

On the Ice
The way you talk you'd think Max splatted out of every jump. Actually, Max skated very, very well, thankyou. Jeremy did not (and not for the first time).

And I didn't say that, either. Max did skate well, for Max.

Cleo

On the Ice
If that doesn't get +3, what does? It's perfect. :love:

It's hard to protest his placement when the three above him skated so well. But the scores seem to say he would've been off the podium even if he'd gone clean (especially if the Zayak rule had still given Josh his lutz--two wrongs don't make a right!). Something about that doesn't sit right with me, even though I fully recognize the artistic superiority of the Top 3.

I don't understand how people can say Jeremy deserved fourth though. :scratch: I mean, the guy fell twice and seemed really slow and tentative compared to others in the final group.

But you see, there's the magic. Jeremy is NOT slow and he skates BIG. The strength of his edges, the glide, the stillness of his upper body and watching on TV where the camera follows the skaters so the viewers have no reference - those all add up to make it seem as though he is slow.

Meoima

Match Penalty
But you see, there's the magic. Jeremy is NOT slow and he skates BIG. The strength of his edges, the glide, the stillness of his upper body and watching on TV where the camera follows the skaters so the viewers have no reference - those all add up to make it seem as though he is slow.
Oh I remember Mrs. P said out of all top US men, Max is the fastest. So is Jeremy second to him?
Josh is slower than Jason at this point I assume?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Jeremy might not be slow in general, but he looked slow in this particular performance. Speed certainly can be deceptive from a screen, but comparing him to Max (of all people) or even his past performances...

Also, even if he were the fastest man of the night, he still fell over twice and had far worse tech content than Max. He'd still deserve fifth place. Reputation for "artistry" can only get you so far, or else why bother even having competitions? Just give medals to whoever you prefer.

deedee1

Record Breaker
In my heart, Adam IS the US champion! :love:, Max second :rock:, Jason third :yes:. Jeremy is also my sentimenal champion this time. I loved such attack and determination from Adam, Max and Jeremy. Big shouts out to the three! Especially to Adam the best performance I have ever seen from him. He did improve overall speed, ice covarage, bigger jumps with better distance didn't he?, oh what a joy to watch him! OTOH what a crap PCS to Jeremy... :eek:hwell:
To those who say Jeremy is not fast on ice: my only small complain, if any, would be you say it AFTER you've seen him skate LIVE. His ability to effortlessly accelerate/decelerate speed is to die for.

And Sean Rabbitt was shining again in the free. Well done, Sean!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Oh I remember Mrs. P said out of all top US men, Max is the fastest. So is Jeremy second to him?
Josh is slower than Jason at this point I assume?

You don't need to see them live to know Max is the fastest. He definitely is ;)
I think Jeremy usually has really good speed, but that doesn't mean he might not have been slow on that specific day. That's nothing unusual; if a skater doesn't have a good day or is very nervous/tight, they're often going at a slower pace.

Are you sure Josh is slower than Jason? I wouldn't think so. His SS are better (Josh easily has the best SS of the american man only behind Abbott, IMO). He can definitely improve his overall speed, but he looks pretty fast already.

Meoima

Match Penalty
You don't need to see them live to know Max is the fastest. He definitely is ;)
I think Jeremy usually has really good speed, but that doesn't mean he might not have been slow on that specific day. That's nothing unusual; if a skater doesn't have a good day or is very nervous/tight, they're often going at a slower pace.
Are you sure Josh is slower than Jason? I wouldn't think so. His SS are better (Josh easily has the best SS of the american man only behind Abbott, IMO). He can definitely improve his overall speed, but he looks pretty fast already.
I remember people said Jason has improved his speed this year so I guess he has become faster? :think:
Josh has better SS but in his LP he does look quite laboured and slow, not as in his SP. I think Jason maintained his speed quite okay in the LP. Maybe it's the choreography but IMO even if Josh didn't zayak, I wouldn't give the title for him.
For me in SP it's like: Josh > Jason > Adam (but higher score)
In the LP: Adam > Max > Josh > Jason
Overall: Adam> Jason >Josh

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I remember people said Jason has improved his speed this year so I guess he has become faster? :think:
Josh has better SS but in his LP he does look quite laboured and slow, not as in his SP. I think Jason maintained his speed quite okay in the LP. Maybe it's the choreography but IMO even if Josh didn't zayak, I wouldn't give the title for him.
For me in SP it's like: Josh > Jason > Adam (but higher score)
In the LP: Adam > Max > Josh > Jason
Overall: Adam> Jason >Josh

Yeah, I guess the difference between Joshs SP and LP is true - but that migth have been because of nerves. I don't want to say Jason was slow (he's not), but it's just my overall impression that Josh is faster.

I wouldn't have given Josh the win even without the zayak either. He looked a little tight in the LP and had some insecure landings, but he definitely deserved to podium (although Max was great too). For me, it's:
SP: Jason = Josh > Adam
LP: Adam > Jason > Josh
Overall: Jason > Adam > Josh (which means I think the judges got it right)

bekalc

Record Breaker
Yeah, I guess the difference between Joshs SP and LP is true - but that migth have been because of nerves. I don't want to say Jason was slow (he's not), but it's just my overall impression that Josh is faster.

I wouldn't have given Josh the win even without the zayak either. He looked a little tight in the LP and had some insecure landings, but he definitely deserved to podium (although Max was great too). For me, it's:
SP: Jason = Josh > Adam
LP: Adam > Jason > Josh
Overall: Jason > Adam > Josh (which means I think the judges got it right)

For me I would give Josh long program over Jason. Jason wasn't perfect either and Josh did the quad. Plus two perfect 3 axels.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jeremy definitely has the best skating skills for sure, and he's definitely not any slower than the others. Max is probably the fastest. Josh has good skating skills, as does Ross ( that poor boy is never given any credit.). Jason probably could use some more power in his skating, but he isn't super slow either.

That said having seen Jeremy do fantastic (and not so much...) programs live, there is a noticeable difference when he doesn't do well. He tightens up a bit, I think. The blade work is there and choreo is still great, but I don't know there's just something missing - can't put my finger on it...