Max Aaron | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This boy is amazing! I love him! And if we talk about his body.. GOD.

I hear you 100%! :eek::

I just watched the programs again (for like the zillionth time, ha). I am just living for that ChSq at the end of the Black Swan. It is AMAZING. Unbelievably wonderful. By the time he gets to Nationals, I can picture him doing it with the bright smile on his face, that smile that says he is loving what he's doing, as the crowd rises to their feet behind him...

I just noticed something else watching it through (it's too much awesome to take in in one sitting, I notice new things every time). This is probably the first long program Max has had without the stand-and-pose, 6.0 style catch-your-breath moment. He is just go, go, go, the whole time. This is going to need every ounce of Max's legendary stamina! This is his Riverdance, the program that will make or break him, and I think it will make him!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If I could have one dream come true for Max, it would be a spot on the 2018 Olympic team :yes:.

So I am not going to push my luck with wishing for his Nessun Dorma and Black Swan to win Nats -- although I love how both programs already are turning heads.

... there needs to be no product at all, because even his long curls at Skate Canada looked lank and greasy. ...

LOL, I swear that I am not obsessed with hair, but I wonder whether a different product (or a different amount of product??) could have held his hair in place without looking "wet." (I hate the G word ;).) [My nephew uses some kind of "dry"-looking stuff, but I have no idea what it is.]
As we know, Jason uses multiple hair products -- and the final look is sleek :)) a good thing) without seeming "wet," IMO.

If Max ever decides to return to a longer style, perhaps he could have a bro chat with Jason about what is on the market ;).

... Of course, he is handsome no matter how his hair is cut :yes:

Most definitely.

Marisha92

Rinkside
I hear you 100%! :eek::

I just watched the programs again (for like the zillionth time, ha). I am just living for that ChSq at the end of the Black Swan. It is AMAZING. Unbelievably wonderful. By the time he gets to Nationals, I can picture him doing it with the bright smile on his face, that smile that says he is loving what he's doing, as the crowd rises to their feet behind him...

I just noticed something else watching it through (it's too much awesome to take in in one sitting, I notice new things every time). This is probably the first long program Max has had without the stand-and-pose, 6.0 style catch-your-breath moment. He is just go, go, go, the whole time. This is going to need every ounce of Max's legendary stamina! This is his Riverdance, the program that will make or break him, and I think it will make him!

I so agree with all the comments- love his new short and long, hoping to see him perform them live at some small summer competition in CO. I do like his curly hair long, but whatever he decides, he always looks professional and well put-together. Hoping the 2015-2016 season is his to win back the U.S. title! I'm going to Worlds 2016 in Boston and I sure hope to see him there!

Marisha92

Rinkside
I have the same type of hair as Max and I keep it shoulder-length and I use a TON of product. I prefer the Ouidad brand for curly hair- works really well. So Max, if you're reading this, try Ouidad (ouidad.com)! Doesn't make hair look greasy or wet- just very manageable.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If I could have one dream come true for Max, it would be a spot on the 2018 Olympic team :yes:.

So I am not going to push my luck with wishing for his Nessun Dorma and Black Swan to win Nats -- although I love how both programs already are turning heads.

You're right, I'm ahead of myself. I try to calm down and then I watch the programs again and that goes out the window :p

If Max ever decides to return to a longer style, perhaps he could have a bro chat with Jason about what is on the market ;).

Not to nitpick :p but Jason's hair is lighter-coloured than Max's, so when he loads it up with product, it doesn't look too bad. Max's hair is dark naturally, so any added product gives it a sort of wet-look (remember the first time he appeared with the slicked back hair at the SC medal ceremony, I joked that he'd just come out of the shower?).

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I agree with you completely on the ChSq for Black Swan. I think it's one of the best uses of the ChSq we've seen. Since its advent in 2010, the ChSq often seemed to be a series of spread eagles/spirals (for women), or a bunch of high-flying kicks (for men), or just another version of the meandering StSq (both). Max's ChSq actually goes perfectly with the music, shows some fast and interesting steps, and is just a all-around perfect ending. It's how I wanted to see the ChSq used, and was disappointed to not find.

I thought Max has done a good job of working on his line, posture, ect. without losing what makes him Max (excitement, speed, big jumps--in fact, the program highlights those. Which will be challenge, since it demands a clean skate). He can now skate with some clear ballet influence, but without going full-on ballet dancer and looking inauthentic. On second viewing, I do see the rough patches (so I understand the PCS a little more now), but those can be worked out.

So on that note, I actually hope he keeps the final costume simple. I'm usually all about the sequins and feathers, but for Max, something streamlined would help keep the program from going too full-on ballet (though who knows... maybe by this time next year, Max could actually pull it off. :shocked:)

TMC

Record Breaker
Who else keeps rewatching his programs? :love: :laugh:

I seem to find something new every time, especially in the long. Apart from the choreo seq (which is crazy good and definitely in my fave top 3), one thing that never fails to give me chills is the transition into the Lutz-loop-Salchow combo where he brings his arms forward; the move is so reminiscent of a majestic black swan spreading its wings...just adore these little touches.

Also the ending, how he hits the positions to the music, is soooo cool.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I agree with you completely on the ChSq for Black Swan. I think it's one of the best uses of the ChSq we've seen. Since its advent in 2010, the ChSq often seemed to be a series of spread eagles/spirals (for women), or a bunch of high-flying kicks (for men), or just another version of the meandering StSq (both). Max's ChSq actually goes perfectly with the music, shows some fast and interesting steps, and is just a all-around perfect ending. It's how I wanted to see the ChSq used, and was disappointed to not find.

Yes! And the first time I watched this one, I almost fell of my chair. Max, since when could you do that?!

I thought Max has done a good job of working on his line, posture, ect. without losing what makes him Max (excitement, speed, big jumps--in fact, the program highlights those.

Yes. He's still Max, but they've smoothed off a few of the rough edges, and given him a few extra surprises.

So on that note, I actually hope he keeps the final costume simple. I'm usually all about the sequins and feathers, but for Max, something streamlined would help keep the program from going too full-on ballet (though who knows... maybe by this time next year, Max could actually pull it off. :shocked:)

No feathers, I hope. I actually think something in plain black, very like to the Carmen costume, perhaps with a bit of white or silver detailing in a subtle way. If the idea is to make him look like a dansuer, then he's mostly got that look down already. But the sparkles aren't really him and lord no please no feathers.

Is there a better quality version of Max's SP out on YouTube yet?

Not that I've seen.

Who else keeps rewatching his programs? :love: :laugh:

ME! (Big surprise, I'm sure.)

one thing that never fails to give me chills is the transition into the Lutz-loop-Salchow combo where he brings his arms forward; the move is so reminiscent of a majestic black swan spreading its wings...just adore these little touches.

Yes! It's wonderful.

Also the ending, how he hits the positions to the music, is soooo cool.

When he's more used to the program and can hit that end position without wobbling, it will be so perfect. The crowd better be on their feet by the time he does! :love:

One thing I would like to see changed, if it's at all possible: in the Nessun Dorma short, as he approaches the 3A, Pavarotti's voice swells to a crescendo...and there's kind of no choreographic response from Max. He glides backwards on one foot, has his back leg extended quite nicely, but I just feel like, if Max is capable of it (because I don't know that he is), there could be a spreadeagle in there.

TMC

Record Breaker
Well after about the billioneth viewing I can now say that I'm officially a member of Team Max Aaron National Champion 2016 :cheer:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well after about the billioneth viewing I can now say that I'm officially a member of Team Max Aaron National Champion 2016 :cheer:

Welcome aboard! You can sit by me if you like, I have lollies.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Woohoo thank you!!! I have a good feeling about the coming season ;)

Me too!

...now we just have to get through the next four months at least, more likely six. :no:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Obviously Max needs better costuming for this programs. Something like Chan for his four seasons. Wider shirt to not show his upper body line because it's too athletic looking for this music. Hopefully he will work hard on flow and speed trough choreo. Programs have potential, we will see in few months

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Obviously Max needs better costuming for this programs. Something like Chan for his four seasons. Wider shirt to not show his upper body line because it's too athletic looking for this music. Hopefully he will work hard on flow and speed trough choreo. Programs have potential, we will see in few months

Oh, of course. But since the programs are so new, he had to raid his existing closet. I don't think we'll get anything loose in a hurry, though. He does love his skin-tight costumes...and I have to admit, I will never complain :eek:: until the day the judges finally give him the costume violation he's been flirting with for years.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
..Wider shirt to not show his upper body line because it's too athletic looking for this music.

"Too athletic looking for this music"? :disagree:

I don't think I would ever have that thought about any skater skating to any music.

Skaters are athletes. And nothing wrong with a skater looking like an athlete, IMO.

As karne said, Max obviously was re-purposing old costumes for his early debut of his new programs at WTT.

When the GP season rolls around, I don't see any need for his new costumes to hide his athleticism.

jagragold

On the Ice
"Too athletic looking for this music"? :disagree:

I don't think I would ever have that thought about any skater skating to any music.

Skaters are athletes. And nothing wrong with a skater looking like an athlete, IMO.

As karne said, Max obviously was re-purposing old costumes for his early debut of his new programs at WTT.

When the GP season rolls around, I don't see any need for his new costumes to hide his athleticism.
I like his tight costumes.

TMC

Record Breaker
No way should he "not look athletic".

He has a great look; strong and masculine.

How he doesn't get a costume violation for the tights he likes to wear I'll never know - but I ain't complaining! :eek::