Jason Brown | Page 200 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So, something is going on with Jason's Japanese fan club.

As best i can tell, Jason was in a preview from some show that I think is going to air on Monday - I think it is about "why did you come to Japan?" or maybe a what is Japan to you type thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5Xymf66tI
he is the second clip.

Kori looks to have said something about them being caught by a TV crew at baggage handling.

https://twitter.com/irokdamic/status/601712689484668928

I think something might be airing on Monday that might have a Jason clip.

I am very happy to potentially have a Japanese show clip of Jason!

Fun! 'What are you doing in Japan' airs often but I didn't know that they got a hold of Jason. Cool! The camera crew just lurks in the lobby and asks foreigners what they are doing in Japan. If it's interesting, it goes on the show. :)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Fun! 'What are you doing in Japan' airs often but I didn't know that they got a hold of Jason. Cool! The camera crew just lurks in the lobby and asks foreigners what they are doing in Japan. If it's interesting, it goes on the show. :)

I can so see Jason responding to "what are you doing in Japan" with "let me show you!"

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Merry E. Neitlich ‏@MerryCoachsEdge
Charlie White knocks it out of the park announcing @jasonbskates as recipient of Gus Lussi Award Congrats! #PSA2015MSP

Professional Skaters Association EDI AWARDS

Gustave Lussi Award
Presented to a male, professional skater who has brought recognition to the sport in a positive and favorable manner.

Congratulations, Jason! :cheer:

Update:

And @RoheneWard wins choreographer of the year for work with @jasonbskates and others. #PSA2015

Congratulations, Rohene! :dance:

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Charlie White knocks it out of the park announcing @jasonbskates as recipient of Gus Lussi Award Congrats! #PSA2015MSP

Professional Skaters Association EDI AWARDS

Gustave Lussi Award
Presented to a male, professional skater who has brought recognition to the sport in a positive and favorable manner.

Congratulations, Jason! :cheer:

Update:

And @RoheneWard wins choreographer of the year for work with @jasonbskates and others. #PSA2015

Congratulations, Rohene! :dance:

And wouldn't I love to know exactly what Charlie said?!? Oh well.

We really do need that Team Koro fan fest thread:biggrin:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I'm not sure where and how much Jenny has discussed her plans to defer - the only reason I knew was because I asked her on Twitter and she actually replied! I think it's a great decision on her part. Law school is very tough in the first year and she seems like someone who wants to do really well - so I think it would be hard for her to do both. And I think TSL can do well if they work at it. They're getting some great guests now. Gosh I hope they interview Rohene!

She discusses her thoughts concerning law school and her deferral at the beginning of this video: http://www.theskatinglesson.com/2015-world-team-trophy-pair-and-dance-recap-and-season-wrap-up/

Very smart lady and a funny story about her taking the LSAT! I think Dave is friends with Rohene Ward so maybe that could be someone they interview later!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason will have plenty of quad-armed company at the jump event at the Broadmoor this year... :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did anyone else notice the music in the background...? Secret Max attack! :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was fun! Hey Newbie, can you translate any of the comments from the two guys doing the side commentary? I know they didn't say much...they seem fascinated that Jason was buddy buddy with Yuzuru! :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
That was fun! Hey Newbie, can you translate any of the comments from the two guys doing the side commentary? I know they didn't say much...they seem fascinated that Jason was buddy buddy with Yuzuru! :laugh:

Sure:
The narrator says he has a beautiful smile. at 0:50

1:12 (Guy on left) I wonder if he knows Hanyu. (Figure skating is big in Japan, but mostly Japanese skaters are widely known and Plushenko)
Narrator talks about Jason's medals at the Olympics and National championships.
1:26 (left) He got a bronze medal at the Olympics in the Team Event.
1:33 N: this time he's fighting against Japan in the World Team event.
1:40 I: What kind of competitor is Yuzuru, as a rival that is the same age as you?
1:46 (right) Oh he calls him Yuzuru (meaning on a first name basis) Hanyu-kun is amazing.

Then, I can't hear what they are saying...probably 'hmm, interesting'

2:17 when they ask Jason to do a trick (right) would you ask that of Hanyu-kun?? (left) I'd like to see him do a revolution
(right) Yeah, the figure skaters do amazing revolutions. But, he's just off the plane. (left) amazing! (right) wow! He's like a spring.

Then what happened at the Competiton...?

Both (Gold Medal! Amaaaazing!)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
You can sorta tell that the order is rather edited.

His glasses disappear and then reappear just before his jump. So he likely took them off to jump, and all the no glasses stuff was filmed after the jump and then spliced in.

So either the liked him more after and spent more time, or Kori took the opportunity to que stuff up on his phone - you can see him empty out his pockets just before the jump, and she hands the phone with the pic of Hanyu to him later - I think she made good use of her time with Jason jumping. Though I also hope they learn to put the glasses back on for easier continuity in the future.

Also tucked in pony tail, interesting.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jason Brown's TV clip. He speaks in English (of course) so no translation needed. :biggrin:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2reeud_2015-05-25-jason-brown_sport

They did ask him 'Are you famous?'

Thx, Newbie. Very enjoyable video.

I actually wish that they had asked Jason whether he has ever studied Japanese ... and b/c his answer would have been "Yes," I wish they had asked him to speak some Japanese.

Curious whether this show relies on sheer serendipity to stumble upon characters who turn out to be good television -- or whether the video crews sometimes know in advance who they will "find."
Can't decide what I think the circumstances were in Jason's case.
If Jason were a premeditated subject, I hope the producers would have researched him sufficiently to know to ask him about his Japanese studies.
(And LOL, I think the always-lovely Kori would have thrown on some lipstick before the camera started rolling.)

Don't get me wrong, if something lighthearted such as the Jason "discovery" were staged, I would have no problem with it. And I would enjoy the video just as much.

Cute how Kori "bragged" on Jason as the U.S. champion, etc. Again, nothing wrong with that. Just cute.

You can sorta tell that the order is rather edited.

His glasses disappear and then reappear just before his jump. So he likely took them off to jump, and all the no glasses stuff was filmed after the jump and then spliced in.

So either the liked him more after and spent more time, or Kori took the opportunity to que stuff up on his phone - you can see him empty out his pockets just before the jump, and she hands the phone with the pic of Hanyu to him later - I think she made good use of her time with Jason jumping. Though I also hope they learn to put the glasses back on for easier continuity in the future.

Also tucked in pony tail, interesting.

The hair "bun" tucked under his cap jumped out at me too. I like the look :).

Re: "I also hope they learn to put the glasses back on ..."
Not sure to whom you are referring.
It's the responsibility of the producer(s) to be mindful of continuity, so it would be something for the producers to learn.
But not the responsibility of subjects such as Jason and Kori, who are not going to be involved in the editing process.​