Jason Brown | Page 210 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:laugh:

I never login to youtube unless I plan to comment.
Their Google owners are just too snoopy and too willing to tell other people about my habits.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Also, it's best to take care with clicking the 'dislike' button (aka thumbs down). It may be psychologically gratifying to hit the 'dislike' on something you really hate, or someone you just dislike for any number of reasons -- but voting something down is a form of 'engagement' to YouTube, and in turn, is actually helping promote that video/YouTuber.

So understanding that, obviously have fun with the likes/dislikes if you want. But to voice a true dislike, it's best not to play at all.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, it's best to take care with clicking the 'dislike' button (aka thumbs down). It may be psychologically gratifying to hit the 'dislike' on something you really hate, or someone you just dislike for any number of reasons -- but voting something down is a form of 'engagement' to YouTube, and in turn, is actually helping promote that video/YouTuber.

So understanding that, obviously have fun with the likes/dislikes if you want. But to voice a true dislike, it's best not to play at all.

Sabinfire, thanks for the inside look. Would it help you if I subscribed to your channel? I promise to just skip the Russian ladies and not hit thumbs down. Google already knows too much about me and my three Gmail addresses, and I am neither engaged nor influential :laugh2:

And here's hoping we get *some* word on Jason's LP before Broadmoor ....

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Would it help you if I subscribed to your channel?

Just like every other large YouTube personality, I would say: "Click the 'like' button if you liked this video, click the 'dislike' button if you hated it... and hit the subscribe button, it really helps!" ;)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Speaking of which...

I loaded up YouTube this morning and found that Jason's video has received its first 'dislike'. Also, the public counter is at about 1,300 views at the moment. Surprised it went this long without a 'dislike'. :laugh2:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
The demographic stats are in for the first 400 views so far. The majority of the traffic is coming from South Korea. :eek:
:shocked: A pity that most likely there won't be 'All That Skate' shows in South Korea anymore. Jason could definitely be invited.

TMC

Record Breaker
Broadmoor Open - News

So Jason took part in the SP only event at Broadmoor Open earlier today. According to Twitter, he did a 2S, 2A and a 3F-2T, scoring 66 points and coming second to Liam Firus.

Since he hardly ever pops jumps, I'm thinking he watered his jumps down on purpose to get a feel of how the program was received, and to focus on levels etc. I believe that's the lowest he's scored in Seniors?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Broadmoor Open - News

So Jason took part in the SP only event at Broadmoor Open earlier today. According to Twitter, he did a 2S, 2A and a 3F-2T, scoring 66 points and coming second to Liam Firus.

Since he hardly ever pops jumps, I'm thinking he watered his jumps down on purpose to get a feel of how the program was received, and to focus on levels etc. I believe that's the lowest he's scored in Seniors?

Link plz?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was the opinion of Sylvia at FSU; that he commonly waters down his jumps early season. I don't remember, honestly, but ...

Let us pray for a good fancam on YouTube:laugh:

TMC

Record Breaker
This was the opinion of Sylvia at FSU; that he commonly waters down his jumps early season. I don't remember, honestly, but ...

Let us pray for a good fancam on YouTube:laugh:

Yeah, he has done that in the past but iirc only in the free skate. Oh well.

I'm just so extremely annoyed that there's no video of any kind. Positively seething!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, he has done that in the past but iirc only in the free skate. Oh well.

I'm just so extremely annoyed that there's no video of any kind. Positively seething!

Totally agree about failure to stream:bang:
I guess the "light" SP could be more evidence that one of the jumps is planned to be a quad....

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I recall he was a bit watered down last year as well.

Let's all remember he has another SP to do tomorrow, plus the jump contest, (which I hoping includes fan schmoozing!) plus the free on Saturday. I don't blame him for watering down one of them to save energy for the rest. I just want to know what his free is. I hope we find out before Saturday.

In the meantime, to tide you over. I did find something I had not seen before on youtube. Practice footage from Question of You at 2014 Nationals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfE3X-J0cz0

BTW, have you all see how many more skaters in the lower ranks team Koro has? Looks like they have five intermediate ladies now!

TMC

Record Breaker

Let's all remember he has another SP to do tomorrow, plus the jump contest, (which I hoping includes fan schmoozing!) plus the free on Saturday. I don't blame him for watering down one of them to save energy for the rest. I just want to know what his free is. I hope we find out before Saturday.

In the meantime, to tide you over. I did find something I had not seen before on youtube. Practice footage from Question of You at 2014 Nationals.

BTW, have you all see how many more skaters in the lower ranks team Koro has? Looks like they have five intermediate ladies now!

I noticed that! 7K instagrammed a collage and she just had So. Many. Students. :laugh:

ETA: I'm not worried about the doubles too much; like you say, he has another two full programs plus the jump competition to go through. If anything, I find the 2S quite encouraging - i think it must mark the spot for a 4S! So exciting!

...and so infuriating at the same time :bang:

Last edited:

deetrakt

Rinkside
I'm not worried about the doubles too much; like you say, he has another two full programs plus the jump competition to go through. If anything, I find the 2S quite encouraging - i think it must mark the spot for a 4S! So exciting...and so infuriating at the same time :bang:
Since Jason only "has" the SP for 3 1/2 weeks or so, I'm sure he welcomes every opportunity to run it through to his music on competition ice. He may not do a quad tomorrow in the SP--although I hope he does--but I bet he'll do at least all triples!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

And of course you will return with a professional quality video ... Forget about your *own* enjoyment of the event:laugh2:

But we do eagerly await reports....