Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
But they said the steps and choreo are better than ever. So a program without falls and great choreo is something I want to watch.
1 successful quad too.

Regarding SEIMEI, I have to strongly concur. The jumps may not have been perfect for the 2nd show, but the choreo was much stronger and more fluid than what I saw in Kanazawa. It really is coming along to be an amazing FS. I cannot wait to see the fully developed program during competition! :p

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Regarding SEIMEI, I have to strongly concur. The jumps may not have been perfect for the 2nd show, but the choreo was much stronger and more fluid than what I saw in Kanazawa. It really is coming along to be an amazing FS. I cannot wait to see the fully developed program during competition! :p

oooh, I hope you had fun. Tell us more! :cheer:

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
My initial thoughts from the 7/4 evening show at Fantasy on Ice 神戸:

SEIMEI: It has been reported that during the earlier show, Yuzuru had a clean skate with Seimei. When I was present for the evening show, the skate was not clean, but what few hiccups there were in the jumps and combinations, was more than made up for the intensity of the movements, the grace of his transitions, and the uniqueness of the program shine through! He is growing more and more comfortable with the sequences and he skates the program with far more assertiveness that seen at DOI. This piece captures the feeling of the movie, Onmyouji, perfectly. It is esoteric, exotic, and a little bit subversive, while at the same time being very traditional Japanese in mood. I was much much closer than I was in Kanazawa (only two rows in front of me and the ice this time!), so it is hard to tell if I am imagining it or not, but I really felt that tonight, Yuzuru was one with his character and the music. Fantastic! :cheer:

REQUIEM: Normally, one wants the skater to connect to the audience, but in this instance, it is not he who connects to us, but we who connect to him. As I mentioned earlier, I was sitting very close this time, and at the corner of the ice where many of the movements took place, so my impression of this piece was much stronger. It was almost too strong. I felt like I was violating the personal space of someone grieving a great loss in a very secluded moment. It felt very private and raw and I actually felt guilty for clapping during the successful moves. I wanted to quietly back away and leave him be, but it was too strikingly haunting to turn away from. I was in tears at the end. This has become my favorite routing of Yuzuru’s. ;)

Interspectator

Record Breaker

SEIMEI: It has been reported that during the earlier show, Yuzuru had a clean skate with Seimei. When I was present for the evening show, the skate was not clean, but what few hiccups there were in the jumps and combinations, was more than made up for the intensity of the movements, the grace of his transitions, and the uniqueness of the program shine through! He is growing more and more comfortable with the sequences and he skates the program with far more assertiveness that seen at DOI. This piece captures the feeling of the movie, Onmyouji, perfectly. It is esoteric, exotic, and a little bit subversive, while at the same time being very traditional Japanese in mood. I was much much closer than I was in Kanazawa (only two rows in front of me and the ice this time!), so it is hard to tell if I am imagining it or not, but I really felt that tonight, Yuzuru was one with his character and the music. Fantastic! :cheer:

REQUIEM: Normally, one wants the skater to connect to the audience, but in this instance, it is not he who connects to us, but we who connect to him. As I mentioned earlier, I was sitting very close this time, and at the corner of the ice where many of the movements took place, so my impression of this piece was much stronger. It was almost too strong. I felt like I was violating the personal space of someone grieving a great loss in a very secluded moment. It felt very private and raw and I actually felt guilty for clapping during the successful moves. I wanted to quietly back away and leave him be, but it was too strikingly haunting to turn away from. I was in tears at the end. This has become my favorite routing of Yuzuru’s. ;)

Then I'm glad that this performance is the one we will probably see in the broadcast.
I can't wait!

Thank you so much for your report!

Plumededragon

Medalist

Wow that's impressive! Thanks for your report! I'm really looking foward to July 11th, so close yet so far...

Lys

Match Penalty

Thank you for your report :)
It seems you had a fantastic experience, and I can't wait to finally be able to actually watch this show! :)

Jo de Souza

On the Ice

thank you for reporting .. I know some Yuzuru and his patinaçlão compared to you .. but always felt that it causes us to connect with him and his emotions her dance ..sua interpretations is very expressive and he is very charismatic ..
I'm looking forward to see full Seimei .. hope no fall ..

you mind if I put a description on my blog for Brazilian read ..junto will colcoar the link from your account on youtube ..
sorry for English

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thank you KansaiPJ for your timely report. I think "SEIMEI" and "Requiem" are Yuzuru's most personal programs yet, and I look forward to seeing both actually with the same degree of anticipation.

ahkeekee

Medalist

thank you for your very detailed report so far!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it generally! For the Requiem program, it sounds like a very bitter program.... :( , I don't know if i can survive watching it without crying ......

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'll admit that my fair complexion has turned into a lovely shade of green, but I'm happy that you enjoyed yourself so much :biggrin: thanks for your reports. Can't wait to see this.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
thank you for reporting .. I know some Yuzuru and his patinaçlão compared to you .. but always felt that it causes us to connect with him and his emotions her dance ..sua interpretations is very expressive and he is very charismatic ..
I'm looking forward to see full Seimei .. hope no fall ..

you mind if I put a description on my blog for Brazilian read ..junto will colcoar the link from your account on youtube ..
sorry for English

Hi Jo. Yes, go ahead and use my write up if you want. Thank you for your comments!

Jo de Souza

On the Ice
Moment for the shippers! (Alas for my own ship :cry:)

Welcome back Alia!

Lovely of Shoma to show support for his senpai. What a good kid he is.

And thanks everyone for the updates and links.

Yuzuru supports Somo always achno beautiful this fee;

I do not know what about Yuzuru and Javier I Love ..são cute together

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Soooooo were there cameras in the evening show? does that mean we'll finally have a video of his new EX?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thanks nagini for the link and nonchan for the report, which helps tide us over until the July 11 broadcast. :)

It's great to hear SEIMEI is getting stronger and stronger. By SC he'll have it ready to take down Patrick! :cheer:

I feel if he's healthy and well-trained, Yuzuru will be tough to beat by anyone. While we have no idea yet about his SP, this season he may have his best ever set of programs like Daisuke's iconic set for the 2011-12 season.

Hoping and praying everything will be smooth sailing for Yuzuru, e.g., no injuries, accidents, etc. That is our common wish: http://triple-axel.tumblr.com/image/123230799085, hidetanmama.twitter.

Besides nonchan's recapitulation linked by nagini of Yuzuru's heartfelt impromptu speech at the end of last night's show, here is another translation by Sophie Moroi.

Excepts:

We the skaters often receive comments from you audience that you were moved by our performance. In fact, we the skaters are often moved by you the audience. It’s a bit difficult to feel so in competitions, though. So, thank you for your tireless support.

I felt extremely honoured to be able to perform “Requiem of Heaven and Earth: 3.11” here in Kobe; as you know, the place that managed to achieve rebirth. The other day when I visited Fukushima, the reconstruction was obviously in its half-way through, and the local population were using the term “rebuilding” or “rebirth”, rather than “reconstruction.” In fact, not only the Tohoku region but also Ibaraki and Chiba were affected by the disasters. I would like to ask for your continuous support to such areas, too.

… This was not the last show, but there may be some people among the audience who go home today, while some others may join the show tomorrow again. Whatever the case, it’s only this time that every one of us assembles here and makes the show together. So, I cherish every single day, minute and second. It would be great if you could also cherish this moment.

In the end, I was the luckiest, I feel. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
(Emphasis mine)

The bolded part reminds of Lou Gehrig's famous address: "Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this earth..." 3.11 was a "bad break" for Yuzuru, but I believe it is also what helped make him the champion he is today both on and off the ice. Go Yuzu!

ETA: Just saw Pamina's post linking Sophie's translation of Yuzuru's speech. It's one that bears rereading I think as it reveals his spirit. :)

2nd ETA:

Thanks Maria. Sadly not much happening on Yuzukana front.

(Sigh) Sadly indeed.

On another note, I notice both Yuzuru and Sarah have this ethereal and angelic quality to them.

so on top of everything else he's now a chocolate covered cookie stick? Really??? :laugh2: (why does this even make perfect sense in my head, oh my God)

Well if you consider his Ghana chocolate endorsement and his build...;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.