2015-16 GP Predictions Round 1: Skate America | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015-16 GP Predictions Round 1: Skate America

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
With so many contestants the value of the winning is going up. Can we think of some prize now? I would suggest doubling the allowed number of infractions for bronze, tripling for silver and quadrupling for gold for the period before the next GP starts.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
With so many contestants the value of the winning is going up. Can we think of some prize now? I would suggest doubling the allowed number of infractions for bronze, tripling for silver and quadrupling for gold for the period before the next GP starts.

Oh my goodness, some users could really use those medals, then! :laugh2:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I am almost happy to have my predictions confounded (at this point) by some great performances that I hadn't dare hope for - eg. Max Aaron, he was on fire! And Menshov shooing all those young skate kids out of his yard... :-D

On the other hand, Charlie White hasn't had quite the effect I'd hoped on Mura :-/
But perhaps he can redeem himself in the FS.

In the men's and ladies competitions, still think nothing is certain... and anything could happen tonight...! :-D

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
In the men's and ladies competitions, still think nothing is certain... and anything could happen tonight...! :-D

Absolutely! For women, Evgenia does have a 5-point lead, but 2nd-7th are just 6 points apart. The men are even closer. Top 3 are basically a half of a point within each other & the 4th-8th men are within 2.5 points of each other, 6 points behind the leading 3. Skaters in as low as 7th/8th place could slip onto the podium with the scores like they are, given the right circumstances.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Absolutely! For women, Evgenia does have a 5-point lead, but 2nd-7th are just 6 points apart. The men are even closer. Top 3 are basically a half of a point within each other & the 4th-8th men are within 2.5 points of each other, 6 points behind the leading 3. Skaters in as low as 7th/8th place could slip onto the podium with the scores like they are, given the right circumstances.

And the top 3 at the end of night could be a completely different set of men. :slink:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Results of the prediction game Skate America ladies

Gold mirai4life, text_skate 70 points!
Silver Florencito 65 points
Bronze Art&Sport, sunnyouyang, GF2445, kaarle, berry8, SashaJuliaSpins, wallee, Ekm, MGstyle, psusanne, chameleon 60 points

Congratulations!

:hb:

Average score is 43,5 Minimum score is 20

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Pairs results:

GOLD: karne with 60 points!
SILVER: Alchamei, apgold, aromaticchicken,carmen7077, el henry, ficelle, Lydia1703, nieves, TheGrandSophy, urara, and Wihlelmina with 55 points!
BRONZE: andyjo24, britebells, GF2445, NMURA, StitchMonkey with 50 points!

Mean: 45
Median: 39.43

tulosai

Record Breaker
HOLY PLUSHENCHRIST!

Not bad considering I guessed! :laugh: Is 60 the maximum score?

75 would have been the maximum possible but less than 10% of all players scored 50 points or over, so 60 is a monster score for this one and puts you in the 100th percentile lol. Basically you are the maximum actual score :cheer: Stolbova and Klimov coming in 4th 'ruined' a lot of the predictions.

Congrats!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think I might actually have meant you are in the top 1 percentile? It is like 2 am here, remembering SAT math is slightly beyond me right now...

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I think something is wrong with the doc because I see 2 different scores for me. On one sheet I scored like 35 for ladies and 40 for pairs, on the other is says 40 for ladies and 30 for pairs.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I too think there's something wrong--I'm missing from the doc altogether. :( I should be 160 between Lyton and Abraxis 12345 but I'm not. :(

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Um, was I the only person who picked Max to win?

Ekm

On the Ice
Results of the prediction game Skate America ladies

Gold mirai4life, text_skate 70 points!
Silver Florencito 65 points
Bronze Art&Sport, sunnyouyang, GF2445, kaarle, berry8, SashaJuliaSpins, wallee, Ekm, MGstyle, psusanne, chameleon 60 points

Congratulations!

:hb:

Average score is 43,5 Minimum score is 20

Pretty psyched about my bronze, congrats to all!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um, was I the only person who picked Max to win?

Probably; I didn't even have Max on the podium. Another gold for you?;)

I'm just happy to be in the legions of silver on pairs, despite picking the same three that everyone else picked, that didn't place as we thought. Thank you, Julianne and Charlie!:laugh:

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Unlike samkrut, I am a computer moron, so I'll be dong the scores by hand tomorrow and will hopefully be able to post them tomorrow night or Monday at the latest. 190 people are a lot to score, so I hope everyone understands.

Bedtime for this Bonzo!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't think I'm in the doc either. No idea what my points should be, but my name isn't there.

Hey Princessroja and andromache, I just added you guys. Sorry for the miss.

Anyway, major apologies but I had forgotten to put the contestants in alpha order, so the scorers will have to re-key everything in so the right scores aren't there yet. Apologies!