Mao Asada | Page 116 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm getting very nervous for Mao now. I would like for her to win, but then if she does well she'll have to go to Grand Prix Finals whivch might tire her out, so a part of me wants her to just not go to Finals so she'll be well-rested for Worlds, but then I actually want to see her skating at her best.

The bottom line is, I'm just excited about seeing her new short and to see her skating.

Knowing Mao, I think she'd be up for the challenge :cheer:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ladies SP is so close! I'm very excited to see Mao's short program. I wish her only the best :cheer:

yhmafan

Medalist
Thanks gotoschool for sharing the special interview, :hap10: Such thoughtful and touching words from her is really impressive.
I have no idea how high state Mao would reach the end of her career.
I respect that seems like she doesn’t want to win to stay in the same place and is always trying to push up the limit of her ability hence the boundary of the sport also.

I have faith in her. GO MAO :party2:

Last edited:

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mao is skating first in the second group of skaters! Once again, good luck :cheer:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Mao is skating first in the second group of skaters! Once again, good luck :cheer:

Last time she skated first in the group, she broke the world record. But no pressure, Mao. :scard7:

I am finding it very hard to concentrate on work at all today. The anticipation is killing me. Let's hope some practice reports and videos will come in in a few hours to alleviate my anxiety :dance2:

mikaboo

Medalist
Last edited:

hurrah

Medalist
Mao is doing 3A, 3F-3Lo and 3Lz in the SP, isn't she? :shocked:

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Cannot believe this super girl!! Okay, so the axel isn't stable, but her 3flip-3loop is looking better than ever, and her skating, and her LUTZ as well!!! So so what if she doesn't land her 3-axel clean this time. She must have practiced so, so much to perfect everything else!

tulosai

Record Breaker
This account is posting fancam video links of Mao.

SP run-through
http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:9a51cb120af2bfdb8b4bb604b9796a47
FS run-through
http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:67ffc551c3490f7d47f35bf96ed559f6
3F-3Lo
http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:7d8e92f2690f3eed2145c8f795110495

According to news reports in Japan, she hasn't been doing all that well with the 3A but everything else is looking good from the videos I think?
Good luck tomorrow! :hap10:

Thanks for posting! I think she looks good! :hap36: So many wonderful transitions in the short :luv17:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
:hap93: :hap93: :hap93: :hap93: :hap93:

Yeah, I read on fsuniverse about conservative quotes from Mao and Coach Sato regarding her condition ("so-so level") in Japanese press. This does not look so-so level to me! That Lutz!

Barb

Record Breaker
her jumps look better, especially lutz but even without jumps I could watch her skate all day, she is in another level :love:

roma

On the Ice
I like it! Mao used to do 2A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz in the SP before they got so strict on the Lz and she had to go for 3A-2T. It's only natural she'd go back to it but upgrade the 2A to a 3A. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

I just want her to have a good time there tomorrow. It's been 10 years since her senior debut in the same rink and same competition. Last time she was the youngest. Now she's the oldest but has improved so so much. I can't wait! :)

mikaboo

Medalist
i was like a fool seeing the video and until the end I said , what?:unsure: it looks diferent, she is not skating Claire de lune :laugh:

Oh thanks for catching that :biggrin: My internet connection is so slow today and I didn't recognize that the music wasn't her FS when it was being cut into bits.