Mao Asada | Page 117 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

tulosai

Record Breaker
I like it! Mao used to do 2A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz in the SP before they got so strict on the Lz and she had to go for 3A-2T. It's only natural she'd go back to it but upgrade the 2A to a 3A. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

I just want her to have a good time there tomorrow. It's been 10 years since her senior debut in the same rink and same competition. Last time she was the youngest. Now she's the oldest but has improved so so much. I can't wait! :)

:cheer: Exactly right! Go Mao!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I just want her to have a good time there tomorrow. It's been 10 years since her senior debut in the same rink and same competition. Last time she was the youngest. Now she's the oldest but has improved so so much. I can't wait! :)

What a sweet factoid. 10 years already, wow.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for all the news and clips!! Mao is looking as good as ever, and attempting the hardest SP layout ever (if I didn't forget anything?), I can't put into words how grateful I am we are having her back :bow::bow::bow:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Guys I just posted the planned BVs here

Mao's is 5.67 points higher than the second highest (Rika and Courtney). Even if she goes for the alternative "cop-out" layout, her BV is still the highest.

Also I just closely scrutinized her 3Lo rotation in the run-through, as I love to do :cool14: Looked pretty good to me!

Last edited:

begin

Medalist
I like it! Mao used to do 2A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz in the SP before they got so strict on the Lz and she had to go for 3A-2T. It's only natural she'd go back to it but upgrade the 2A to a 3A. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

The sooner the better. Her problem jumps look improved but she'll have to see how the judges respond.

My gosh time flies. All the best to Mao on her 10th year as a senior! :cheer:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Somebody hold me, I can't take this anymore, I've been waiting too long for this

Not all that surprised she's going for the 3Lz in the SP, Mao has never and probably will never play it safe. She's a fighter. For some skaters they'll never get better at something if they don't keep trying it in competition. Go Mao!

Franklin99

Medalist
Somebody hold me, I can't take this anymore, I've been waiting too long for this

Not all that surprised she's going for the 3Lz in the SP, Mao has never and probably will never play it safe. She's a fighter. For some skaters they'll never get better at something if they don't keep trying it in competition. Go Mao!

:console:

Tallorder

On the Ice
When healthy and prepared, the superior BV is a terrific and gutsy and competitive strategy. This will hopefully a real gauntlet throw down kind of SP for Mao.

gotoschool

Medalist
This looks like the best possibility for seeing Mao's and the other womens' freeskates:

Coverage for the Ladies SP starts at 4:00 am eastern time in the US tomorrow. Mao skates first in the second group. Thanks to cocovica. I think this site is the best option:

http://www.zoptv.com/live/british-eurosport-2

Also
Available at : http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta...ran_pri_Kitaja_Zhenshhiny_Korotkaja_programma

Thanks to KIG who provided this link for viewing the Ladies LP. It says on the site that the free program begins at 11:35 Moscow time on November 7th.
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta..._pri_Kitaja_Zhenshhiny_Proizvolnaja_programma

Ganbatte Mao! The SP is gorgeous artistically and technically stupendous.

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Mao wants wants a new WR with her 4 triple SP :biggrin: Her 3Lz is looking good, I can't wait to see it all! :hap85:

CarneAsada

Medalist
I'm so excited (and nervous) to see Mao! I thought we'd never see her attempt a 4-triple SP and here she is, trying it with an already-improved 3Lutz. Never ceases to amaze me.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Almost bedtime for me. Hopefully I wake up and see that she has done well. *fingerscrossed*

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Mao's going for 3A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz? :drama: Basically, the maximum in a ladies SP (since quads aren't allowed).

I'm getting nervous now... Should I stay up to watch live, screw tomorrow? Should I take a nap and wake up? Should I just sleep and trust Mao...?