Ellie O'Connell & Joshua Tarry | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ellie O'Connell & Joshua Tarry

tulosai

Record Breaker
Perhaps this isn't the ideal thread for this but it seems maybe the best of the options- fans of Ella George COOK / Adrianno ROSSI from the show can also see them here. They are competing at the basic novice level. Sorry for the small hijack.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

uhh

Medalist
They got 7.88 in the rocker foxtrot and 11.33 in the starlight waltz, and they are 2nd heading into the FD tomorrow, 4 points behind the leaders. I actually thought they had the best waltz, even though they were 2nd in that segment. Their lines match fantastically and Ellie's dress is stunning!

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They got 7.88 in the rocker foxtrot and 11.33 in the starlight waltz, and they are 2nd heading into the FD tomorrow, 4 points behind the leaders. I actually thought they had the best waltz, even though they were 2nd in that segment. Their lines match fantastically and Ellie's dress is stunning!

Thanks a bunch! I'm tickled that they're in second place in their first year as adv novice. Best wishes to them both in the free skate! Hopefully I can scavenge some videos to put in the OP soon...

tulosai

Record Breaker
Thanks a bunch! I'm tickled that they're in second place in their first year as adv novice. Best wishes to them both in the free skate! Hopefully I can scavenge some videos to put in the OP soon...

I don't mean to be a killjoy but it seems a little disingenuous not to mention there are only 3 advanced novice teams. I did really enjoy them today though, they are looking just great, you can really see clear improvements from earlier videos that we have!! :cheer: Wishing them all the best tomorrow!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't mean to be a killjoy but it seems a little disingenuous not to mention there are only 3 advanced novice teams. I did really enjoy them today though, they are looking just great, you can really see clear improvements from earlier videos that we have!! :cheer: Wishing them all the best tomorrow!

I don't think it's being a killjoy. I did consider including that, actually--even went so far as to type it out for my earlier post, and then I erased it. Just didn't feel it was necessary, especially since we know much (if not all) of what we say goes straight to Ellie and Josh. Since it's their first year in advanced novice, I think a silver is probably a realistic (and excellent) goal, hence my delight at their placement.

And I definitely agree--the improvements over the last few months are very marked (even for someone who knows nothing about novice ice dance). Looking forward to seeing the free dance tomorrow for sure.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From Team Jellie's facebook page this morning:

"It is with much sadness that we have to announce that Jellie are no longer skating together 💔 We've had four years of wonderful experiences. We remain friends and wish each other every happiness. We want to thank everyone very much for the support and encouragement given to us over the years, especially Sophie Yates and all our fantastic coaches."

:sad21::cry::sad21::cry::sad21:

tulosai

Record Breaker
From Team Jellie's facebook page this morning:

"It is with much sadness that we have to announce that Jellie are no longer skating together 💔 We've had four years of wonderful experiences. We remain friends and wish each other every happiness. We want to thank everyone very much for the support and encouragement given to us over the years, especially Sophie Yates and all our fantastic coaches."

:sad21::cry::sad21::cry::sad21:

Oh no! I am so disappointed to hear this!

I wonder if either will continue with another partner.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I gather from the comments that Ellie has stopped skating for now; Josh is continuing and looking for a partner. He is going to make some partnerless girl very happy for sure- the most depressing part of the BBC show to me was how many talented dance girls at that rink were without a partner. I am sorry to hear that this team has split though and I wish both Ellie and Josh all the best with whatever they do from here.

uhh

Medalist
Oh no! I'm so sad Ellie has stopped, she is such a great performer and had so much character on the ice. Good luck to her in the future whatever she decides to do. And good luck to Josh as well in his hunt for a new partner.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I gather from the comments that Ellie has stopped skating for now; Josh is continuing and looking for a partner. He is going to make some partnerless girl very happy for sure- the most depressing part of the BBC show to me was how many talented dance girls at that rink were without a partner. I am sorry to hear that this team has split though and I wish both Ellie and Josh all the best with whatever they do from here.

Really! That shocks me. Ellie seemed like the more dedicated of the pair--not that Josh isn't dedicated, that's not at all what I mean, but Ellie seemed to be the one who was intense and determined to skate no matter what. I hope there's no injury or finances stopping her if she still wants to, but anyways, I wish both of them well. Still sad though. :cry:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Really! That shocks me. Ellie seemed like the more dedicated of the pair--not that Josh isn't dedicated, that's not at all what I mean, but Ellie seemed to be the one who was intense and determined to skate no matter what. I hope there's no injury or finances stopping her if she still wants to, but anyways, I wish both of them well. Still sad though. :cry:

I got that impression too but thinking about it I bet that was largely the editing of the show. Ellie's mom posted a bit here and I will say I think from her comments the issue is unlikely to be financial- the family seemed committed to Ellie being able to continue as long as she wanted to. I too just hope Ellie is well. Like all things in life it's most important to be healthy and happy and I hope this move will bring them both happiness going into the future.

tiffoc

Spectator
Thank you for the Well wishes, It is nothing to do with finances or injury. Just a very tired and confused 13 year old girl who needs a break. I have no idea what will happen in the future for Ellie now. It would be a massive shame if she doesn't skate again as she really is very talented, but it has to be her decision as heart breaking as it is for all concerned. I am sure Josh will find another partner and continue to be successful. Thank you for all your support.

uhh

Medalist
Thanks for updating us tiffoc! We're all sending Ellie our best wishes, and even if she doesn't continue in the future, she's already achieved a huge amount that she should be very proud of.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, thank you for updating us! We are all wishing Ellie the very best and hope she gets some rest and peace. Skating is stressful enough for the adult teams, let alone for 13 year olds. Please let her know we all support her and Josh, no matter what the future holds for them. And definitely seconding what uhh said above; they have already achieved a huge amount and have much to be proud of. :)

tiffoc

Spectator
Hi, just to give you all a little update on Ellie. She has now returned to the ice! Refreshed and focused after her break. She is doing a solo season and looking for a new partner. Josh has a new partner already but Ellie and Josh are still the best of friends.