Alexander Petrov | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

adelia

Record Breaker
The podium was pretty far away so I didn't really see much. He wasn't in skates, already changed out to track shoes and jeans. Seemed to be in a good mood because he was chatting with Nicola Todeschini before the awarding.
And with that, the competition has come to a completion.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, this really has been quite the experience for Sasha? I suppose it will serve as "educational" in how to keep one's head cool no matter what is thrown at one. ;)

adelia

Record Breaker
Well, this really has been quite the experience for Sasha? I suppose it will serve as "educational" in how to keep one's head cool no matter what is thrown at one. ;)
Oh I think this will pretty much be an "unforgettable" experience for him!

adelia

Record Breaker
"Alexei Mishin: "By the force majeure in Sarajevo reacted calmly

Alexei Mishin, coach of Russian skaters who came to the tournament in Sarajevo, reacted calmly to the fact that, due to force majeure, the athletes will ride on Friday two programs:

- I view this situation positively, as one of the pages of a book about the school of life. Nothing terrible has happened. I am calm. Athletes who hope too. It is necessary to go out and ride - commented Alexei Mishin."

http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/1831-aleksej-mishin-k-fors-mazhoru-v-saraevo-otneslis-spokojno.html
Fsrussia cut out quite a bit of his statement. Here's another version from a different source:

"I have a very positive attitude to what is happening, it's a school of life, - said Mishin. - I remembered the early years of my youth, when in Sverdlovsk, at the Games of the peoples of the Soviet Union because of the warm weather has melted the ice - foot sank. Competitions by compulsory figures on the ice skating and moved at night, or rather early in the morning until we catch the ice still cold, but the sun has not had time to get out. So it is necessary for a younger generation of skaters to pass through difficulties. That's great, I think so."

http://sporteveryday.info/pages/mis...figuristov-na-turnire-v-saraevo-novyiy-vyizov

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
Full protocols:
http://www.ksbih.ba/SO2016/SO2016_SeniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf
http://www.ksbih.ba/SO2016/SO2016_SeniorMen_FS_Scores.pdf
Odd judging And it's difficult to learn anything from these because there are only 5 judges on the panel. Without proper videos, we also can't tell if the GOE was justified or not.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's just been a strange few days.

But I wonder if he'll do any more competitions this season? If not then March 8 (Mishin's gala) will be the next and final time we see him perform until the program previews in August.

Skater01

On the Ice
Well, odd judging indeed. For example the coreo sequence got GOE from -1 to 2… but as you said adelia, it doesn't matter.

And I just can't help it, 3A+1T just makes me laugh :laugh:

adelia

Record Breaker
Well, odd judging indeed. For example the coreo sequence got GOE from -1 to 2… but as you said adelia, it doesn't matter.

And I just can't help it, 3A+1T just makes me laugh :laugh:
Hey, that's called determination! He landed the 3A off balance but still tried to get a combo out of it! :biggrin:

adelia

Record Breaker
Mishin's comments on Sarajevo Open:
"I have already said that these competitions are regarded as a school of life. Very happy about that! I was at the Games of the peoples of the USSR in Sverdlovsk riding at night, until the ice cracked ... I had to look for the power within myself. There I won the bronze medal in singles. Our figure skating had just awakened - commented Alexei Mishin."

http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/1834-pyat-medalej-zavoevali-rossiyane-v-saraevo.html

There doesn't seem to be an appropriate emoticon available for my response to this.

adelia

Record Breaker
This season will be the first time in 7 years that Mishin's group will not have any skater at either Worlds or Junior Worlds. The coaches should think about how it ended up this way.

Skater01

On the Ice
but future is encouraging. next season will be veeeery interesting :)

Exactly. I wouldn't worry about this season, I mean they did bring home a medal from nationals and a very decent placement from euros. So Sasha's situation isn't worrying at all.

In the other hand, Liza had a bad season but se has bounced back before. So hopefully she can do it again. :)

adelia

Record Breaker
The future is always potentially bright when there is great talent. And there is indeed great talent at that school.

But peaking at the right time during the season matters a lot. And one thing the coaches need to address is why some of their skaters were off their best going into the most crucial period of the season, which is late December to March. The same mistakes should not be made next season and beyond. You can be a great skater and have great programs but if you're out of shape/out of form, you won't be able to skate at nearly your best.