Alexander Petrov | Page 118 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

sneakers

Match Penalty
He's look in good shape early in the season, would love to see that 4T-3Lo properly done in competition soon :clap:

sneakers

Match Penalty
It could be a 4T-2Lo that they are planning. He hasn't done 3Loop combos since he was 13 (3Lz-3Lo).

either way the 3lo is Petrov's best jump along with his flip, I think a 4T-3Lo combo isn't that far fetched
ohh, and I really love the music too.. :agree:

adelia

Record Breaker
either way the 3lo is Petrov's best jump along with his flip, I think a 4T-3Lo combo isn't that far fetched
ohh, and I really love the music too.. :agree:
3A is his best jump, then 3Lo. :) 3F is very reliable but the edge is very shallow, sometimes gets the ! sign.
Yeah, the music is great, it suits him well.

adelia

Record Breaker
Hmm... Dmitriev also did the same combo, so it could be that they deliberately tripled the quad. Either that or just a coincidence. lol

sneakers

Match Penalty
3A is his best jump, then 3Lo. :) 3F is very reliable but the edge is very shallow, sometimes gets the ! sign.
Yeah, the music is great, it suits him well.

sometimes his 3Axel gets off axis, his 3Lo is definitely his most reliable jump.

Skater01

On the Ice
I'm not too worried about the jumps, they will definitely come together as the season goes on.

The spins on the other hand don't look good. I mean, yes he can somewhat do them but it's the same situation as last season. Sasha looses way too many points on them.

adelia

Record Breaker
I'm not too worried about the jumps, they will definitely come together as the season goes on.

The spins on the other hand don't look good. I mean, yes he can somewhat do them but it's the same situation as last season. Sasha looses way too many points on them.
Russian judges were supposed to have checked the levels when they visited SPB. You don't have to be a fast spinner to get level 4 but you need to fulfill enough criteria on ISU's check list. I don't think the last spin does.

adelia

Record Breaker
He is in third place after the SP, his skating order for tomorrow is the same as today's, final skater.

adelia

Record Breaker
It looks like he will take part in the FS, I have not seen any indication that he's stopping at the SP.
Mens FS starts at 3pm later today (SPB time).

Edit:
On FSO someone also brought up the theory that Sasha and Dmitriev's 3T-2Lo combos were deliberate, maybe Mishin's idea.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
It looks like he will take part in the FS, I have not seen any indication that he's stopping at the SP.
Mens FS starts at 3pm later today (SPB time).

Edit:
On FSO someone also brought up the theory that Sasha and Dmitriev's 3T-2Lo combos were deliberate, maybe Mishin's idea.

Wouldn't surprise me. I don't suppose he'd think it necessary to come out all guns blazing at a little domestic comp like this.