Favourite Men's SP and FS, Olympic Season | Golden Skate

Favourite Men's SP and FS, Olympic Season

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Favourite Short Programs:

1. Nathan Chen, Nemesis There are no words. Stunning expression and unexpected dancing on ice.
2. Keegan Messing, Singin' in the Rain. Pure charm.

Favourite Free Skates:

1. Adam Rippon, Arrival of the Birds and O. Magical, magnificent, calm, understated, poetic
2. Javier Fernandez, Don Quixote Idealist, emotional, fits Javi down to the ground
3. Keegan Messing, Chaplin. Literally the first skate to Chaplin music I've ever liked, and I love it!
4. Nathan Chen, Mao's Last Dancer Much room to grow and develop
5. Ross Miner, Queen... I love a man who's unabashedly romantic!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Favourite SPs

1. Brendan Kerry, Everybody Wants To Rule The World. Beautiful, spine-tingling, and the perfect message for an Olympic season.
2. Max Aaron, Bring Him Home/One Day More. Stunning usage of his best qualities including a StSq that should bring any house down.
3. Mikhail Kolyada, Mozart Tango. Gorgeous, beautiful program showcasing a different, pleasing aspect of his skating.
4. Jason Brown, The Room Where It Happens. Bright, energetic, completely different to everything else.
5. Nathan Chen, Nemesis. Really great program for him.

Favourite FS

1. Jason Brown, Inner Love. Stunning, mesmerising, perfection on ice.
2. Max Aaron, Phantom of the Opera. A perfect package for the Olympic season. Passionate and tech-filled.
3. Brendan Kerry, Pink Floyd. His third FS of the season is his best; Brendan is made for suave, cool casual.
4. Ross Miner, Queen. It's so cute!
5. Nicolas Nadeau, Elvis. I can't. It's hilarious. It's so funny.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Favourite SP(interesting how you used the Canadian spelling)
I will try to put 10, not necessarily in order... I haven't seen everyone skate yet this year.

Patrick Chan's
Nathan Chen's
Shoma Uno 's
Keegan Messing's
Han Yan's
Nam Nguyen's (okay I just love the weirdo cover of Over the Rainbow)
Jorik Hendrickx's
Kevin Reynolds's

Program I really do not get along with : Jason's Hamilton... sorry but it's not doing it for me.

Favourite LP

Nathan Chen's
Patrick Chan's
Javier Fernandez's
Adam Rippon's
Keegan Messing's
Nicolas Nadeau's
Liam Firus's (yeah... i know.. even a la la land program making the list)
Han Yan's
Peter Liebers's (for the cray cray music)
Jorik Hendrickx's

Kittosuni

Medalist
Music wise i think Dmitri Aliev's LP is gorgeous to listen to but he just doesnt have the emotion or stamina to make it work.

SP
-Chan
-Kolyada

FS
-Brown
-Rippon
-Music wise i think Dmitri Aliev's LP is gorgeous to listen to but right now he just doesn't have the emotion or stamina to make it work.

Wilwarin

On the Ice
SP
So far I like Nanthan Chen (stunning style) Han Yan's (wonderful footwork and nice song).

FS
I prefer Adam's last season FS than this season....anyone who has not watched that version can find his clean performance at Trophée de France.
And Nanthan's FS has great potential. I hope he'll skate it clean at some stage.
The same for Deniss's FS. Can't forget the SWWAAAAAY:love:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
So far my favourite programs have been:

SP
Fernandez ”Modern Times”
Chen ”Nemesis”
Uno ”Winter”
Aaron ”Les Miserables”
Jin ”Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”
Bychenko ”Hava Nagila”

FS
Fernandez ”Man of La Mancha”
Chen ”Mao´s Last Dancer”
Uno ”Nessun Dorma”
Aaron ”Phantom of the Opera”
Voronov ”Sarabande Suite”
Bychenko ”Pagliacci”

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
SP:

Dmitri - Masquerade Waltz
Deniss - Tosca
Boyang - Crouching Tiger
Nathan's SP is pretty good thanks to Shae-Lynn but I think I liked Florent's version better, maybe because I just prefer Florent as a skater...

LP:

Sergei - Sarabande Suite
Deniss - Sway
Dmitri - To Build A Home (it's not there yet, but it will be)
Nic Nadeau - Elvis - I generally wouldn't pick a recycled program, but we didn't get to see it much last season & it is such a breath of fresh air...one of Shae-Lynn's best. No other Elvises need apply.

edit - I forgot Misha Ge...I like both his programs very much (with a slight preference for the LP...I think he just overdoes it a tad in the SP).

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Favourite SP(interesting how you used the Canadian spelling)

It's a running fake fight with a Canadian friend ... but I've now gotten to the point where if I write it, the word just doesn't look complete without the "u.":laugh: So I've more or less appropriated it, as a tip of my hat to Canadian friends, British friends, and a summer in England.

Adding to my OP list, because I forgot them:

Han Yan's SP

FS: Nicolas Nadeau's Elvis. Nic has everything: the poses, the faces, the attitude. Of course the music itself is happy-making.

FS: Liam Firus La La Land. City of Stars; also happy-making.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SP:

Chen and Chan. Yeah, I know Dust in the Wind hasn't been properly presented yet, but it is a fantastic program.

LP: Firus (full of charm), Nadeau (commitment to character), Brown (a masterpiece). By season's end, Chen will be on this list. But not yet.

I just realized my list is very NA-centric. I'm just not fans of either of the top Japanese men's programs, and I have a general affinity for the Russian men, but I wouldn't call any of their programs my favorites.

If it's bias, I'm owning it.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, I'm going to cheat (just a little, you'll see where):

SPs:
1. Jason Brown, "The Room Where it Happens". Complete commitment to character and mood. :clap: Unlike absolutely anything else on the ice this season.
2. Sean Rabbitt, "Tequila". Yes, he dumped it. Too bad. No one sells a program like this like Sean.
3. Alex Krasnozhon, "Korobushka". I can't tell you why, he's wild, he barely lands jumps, and it's certainly not the first or last Russian folk dance theme we'll see. But I smile.
4. Timothy Dolensky, "Awake My Soul". Yes, it's a repeat. Those spins:love:
5. Donovan Carillo, "Hasta Que Te Conoci" Another repeat. Do yourself a favor if you haven't watched it. Find it and watch it.

LPs
1. Deniss Vassiljevs "Sway". I am going to keep saying the same thing about every skater I list here. Deniss brings it. Toller spins and Jason performance levels. No higher praise could be given any skater.
2. Jason Brown "Inner Love". Jason brings it too. Of course. The most demanding choreo (I said choreo, not jumps) of any program out there.
3. Andrew Torgashev "El Tango de Roxanne" . And yet again, more bringing it. A step sequence not to be missed.
4. Misha Ge: "Meditation de Thais". Just cause I love Misha and this is his last season:biggrin:
5. Nicolas Nadeau: I hate Elvis programs. I mean, really hate Elvis programs. But Nic gets it. and what else does he do? I won't repeat the "bring" word;)

Yes, there are juniors on the list, but they have all skated at least one senior international comp. So I counted them, so sue me:)

blackey

On the Ice
SP:
Nathan Chen's

FP:
Nicolas Nadeau's
Deniss Vasiljevs's
Maybe Nathan's as well, I hope he can tweak that program a little bit more.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Nathan Chen Sp and Lp so far.

Jason Browns LP and even SP if he skates clean even without quad.

Hanyu 2.0 was a masterpiece.

Edited to add Nick Nadeau. Really fun to watch. H is new to me. Great LP,

viennaskater

Medalist
SP: Jason Brown The Room Where It Happens.
Nathan Chen Nemesis
Keegan Messing Singin in the Rain
Alexander Johnson Legends by Sacred Spirit (from Nebelhorn Trophy)

LP: Sergei Voronov Sarabande
Alexander Samarin House of the Rising Sun
June Hyoung Lee Bohemian Rhapsody (Nebelhorn)
Shoma Uno Nessun Dorma

TMC

Record Breaker
Both of Jason's programmes - especially the SP (which is very surprising to me as it's not the kind of programme I would normally like)
Both of Nathan's programmes - again especially the SP
Dima Aliev's SP

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Short Program
- Nathan Chen
- Nic Nadeau (saw this live at a summer comp - he's got even more charm and charisma in person)

Free Skate
- Nic Nadeau (I adore this program so much - no other Elvis compares)
- Liam Firus
- Misha Ge
- Adam Rippon (that performance at NHK put me solidly on the Adam for the Olympics team)

Nathan and Dmitri Aliev's free skates might be added as the season goes on. I also want to look back at a couple of the junior guys (Alexei K, Camden, Joseph Phan); I liked a few of those programs quite a bit, I've just been very focused on seniors recently.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Still getting caught up on programs, so this is my list based on programs I've watched so far...

SP:
Tomoki Hiwatashi
Dmitri Aliev
Denis Ten
Boyang Jin
Ross Miner

FS:
Jason Brown
Sergei Voronov
Javier Fernandez
Kevin Aymoz

Last edited:

geige

On the Ice
Nathan has such a gorgeous LP that will create THE Olympic moment if he skates it well

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
I haven't been keeping up with the men so much but so far I am enjoying
Nathan Chen's SP
Nick Nadeau's LP
Javier Fernandez SP
Misha Ge's LP
Jason Brown's programs

Will have to watch more men.