Medvedeva WDs from GPF | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Medvedeva WDs from GPF

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
:disagree:

She is stubborn... She wanted to compete.... She wanted to skate at gala.... she didn't know how serious it is....

I'm sure she wanted to performe at the EX and all, but this is why skaters have coaches. The coaches should have told her not to do the EX, or at least not to perform jumps - this could have been even worse

Lily flowers

On the Ice
It's clear something strategic from the Federation.
Either they feel now more comfortable knowing that Alina is the first lady after Med to qualify, Sotskova also in the final and Polina highly probable... or they want to excuse Med if she competes poor at the GPF.
Anyway, I don't understand why Med still performed in the gala at NHK.
Something is fishy here but I don't know what.:slink:

What are you trying to say exactly? :rolleye:

madison

Record Breaker
:disagree:

She is stubborn... She wanted to compete.... She wanted to skate at gala.... she didn't know how serious it is....

What exactly do you disagree with?
Of course she knew, she said she was in Germany for a MRI after COR.
And even if she's stubborn, Eteri wouldn't have let her to perform in the gala if things were really bad, I 'm sure ...

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
What exactly do you disagree with?
Of course she knew, she said she was in Germany for a MRI after COR.
And even if she's stubborn, Eteri wouldn't have let her to perform in the gala if things were really bad, I 'm sure ...

Please stop with the conspiracy, it was clear from her performances that she wasn't well, she was limping afterwards and had tape on her legs. Let's respect this hard moment for her and wish her a full recovery.

frida80

Record Breaker
I don’t to want think of an Olympics without Zhenia! I knew something was up! If you compare her jumps from JO and rostelecom, you could see something was off. At NHK, she wasn’t jumping like herself at all! I’m so upset!

I vote her missing the GPF. Just because I want her at 100% at the Olympics. Her bones will heal fast if she’s resting and without stress. I know this will be hard for her accept, since she’s a fierce competitor. Poor girl.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh no this is not good news. :( I hope her injury is not to severe and she has a speedy recovery.

Skating can be a dangerous sport.

mrrice

Record Breaker
The GPF will most likely be won by one of her teammates. Even if Zagitova were to win the GPF, if Med beats her at Nationals, it won't matter going into the Olympics. Med is the World Champion and ranked #1. Her health going into the games is crucial......Rest.

madison

Record Breaker
Please stop with the conspiracy, it was clear from her performances that she wasn't well, she was limping afterwards and had tape on her legs. Let's respect this hard moment for her and wish her a full recovery.

She had bad performances also at the test skates and in Bratislava :biggrin:
And don't get me wrong, I was questioning why the Fed announced today... it should be a reason at more.
I don't question that she's injured, probably she is.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
She had bad performances also at the test skates and in Bratislava :biggrin:

Why does that have a grinning emoji? Even if you don't like her, there's NO EXCUSE for putting a grinning face next to a sentence about performances affected by injuries.
And Bratislava was all right.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I'm trying to understand why the Fed announced exactly today... it looks something strategic to me.
what a difference between today... tomorrow or yesterday ?or a week before?
She could say it a day before GPF... It would be the same... or never say anything...
Maybe she wanted to see how healing would go.....
Maybe she didn't want to say anything before her Birthday?

i don't see any conspiracy here...

madison

Record Breaker
Why does that have a grinning emoji? Even if you don't like her, there's NO EXCUSE for putting a grinning face next to a sentence about performances affected by injuries.
And Bratislava was all right.

You're too sensitive, seriously.
I already said that I m sorry she's injured. I don't want to see her or any other skater being injured and not able to compete because of that. I think it's one of the most terrible things.
According to her declaration, I suppose the performances at test skates and Bratislava weren't affected by the injury.... anyway, hope she'll be fine and fully recovered for the Olympics.

madison

Record Breaker
what a difference between today... tomorrow or yesterday ?or a week before?
She could say it a day before GPF... It would be the same... or never say anything...
Maybe she wanted to see how healing would go.....
Maybe she didn't want to say anything before her Birthday?

i don't see any conspiracy here...

I didn't say it's a conspiracy... but if I'm not wrong the official site of the Fed announced the breaking news.
I don't think they chose to announce it randomly today... but it's just my opinion.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I didn't say it's a conspiracy... but if I'm not wrong the official site of the Fed announced the breaking news.
I don't think they chose to announce it randomly today... but it's just my opinion.

Maybe they just found out about her injury today...

Zhenya doesn't have to reveal things when it suits the fancy of the fans...

madison

Record Breaker
Today? Why is special today? What day would be appropiate?

Well, for example the moment they knew the problem...no? It's already 2-3 weeks from then.
Medvedeva was asked about her tapes on the ankles and said everything is ok, just a small, no important injury...

Lily flowers

On the Ice
You're too sensitive, seriously.
I already said that I m sorry she's injured. I don't want to see her or any other skater being injured and not able to compete because of that. I think it's one of the most terrible things.
According to her declaration, I suppose the performances at test skates and Bratislava weren't affected by the injury.... anyway, hope she'll be fine and fully recovered for the Olympics.

Let’s conveniently forget that at those two instances she was trying a harder layout. And let’s also convientley forget that she performed perfectly at JO despite the fact that she just changed her LP. She is injured, no conspiracy no strategy. I don’t think there’s a particular reason as to way they chose today to announce it. Maybe the healing process wasn’t going as fast and they decided to tell us in advance in case she withdraws. That’s it.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I'm trying to understand why the Fed announced exactly today... it looks something strategic to me.

How about just looking at it as what it is instead of trying to find conspiracies everywhere?

She competed injured in both GPs thus far, apparently without realizing how serious it was. She probably shouldn't have. She probably shouldn't compete in GPF. Because of health reasons, not some ridiculous PCS conspiracy.