Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations for their first GPF title! I got goosebumps during the FS and felt thrilled about how they put everything together so magically. I feel like I'm walking on the moon!

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
After the last season I thought that they should have kept the Lighthouse program for the Olympic year, because that was a masterpiece, but then they come out with another banger. Absolutely exquisite program and performance, the fight for OGM is on. :handw:

Eclair

Medalist
I love how they finally skated their FS to it's potential!! and finally better PCS for that masterpiece FS than Tarasova/Morozovs FS ...

Also, Wenjing Sui is probably the biggest fan of Savchenko/Massot, haha! In the post-FS interview she said: he German pair (Aliona and Bruno) really have very beautiful transitions and choreography. I actually enjoy watching them, too!' too bad this bit was a little lost in translation as it was such a nice thing to say ...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations for their gold and their beautiful FS! Wow! How they can spin with such speed and synchronicity is beyond me. I am in awe! We may need to fasten our seatbelts for the Olympics. It's going to be a VERY wild ride!

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

Wow, I know I am really behind on everything, but I have to say, I stumbled upon S/M’s GPF FS randomly today and I normally don’t watch them (refer to my username) but I was like, why not? Let’s try.
So I watched their FS and I have to say it is my favourite FS right now and I think they have a real shot at the Olympics, I really hope they win olympic gold, I mean it’s Savchenko’s 5th Olympics. She deserves it completely. I can’t even count how many times I have repeated the video but it’s phenomenal.

I don’t want to sound like a traitor, betraying Russia because Savchenko is normally viewed as Russia’s ‘enemy’ rivalry sort of thing, but I like this FS more than T/M candy man right now ( I still love T/M, and will always love them and Russian pairs). It’s so high class with the whole package, choreography, technical ( besides some minor stuff, but Savchenko can clean up her triple throw), depth. ❤️❤️
Danke, Merci, Aljona and Bruno.

russianskating4ever

On the Ice

I also want to mention Massot’s strength, he is the strongest male skater right now in pairs. He throws Aljona around like she is a feather, no signs of laborious work or panting. In addition, Aljona’s weight and Bruno’s strength is probably in perfect proportion as well, which emphasises Bruno’s strength even more.
This will never happen I know, but if my comments are ever seen by Aljona or Bruno, thank you so much for your partnership and your lovely FS program. ❤️

russianskating4ever

On the Ice

And just something irrelevant, people say Alexander Smirnov is a powerhouse (NOT bashing or insulting Smirnov.. I will never insult Russian skating), no one says Bruno is a powerhouse....
But seriously, the last lift in the FS is just mesmerising. No words can describe it’s beauty. Bruno, I reckon you are underrated.
Just my few thoughts on S/M.
I wish you guys success and luck at Pyeongchang, and whatever you guys wish to do after the Olympics.
Thank you for bringing this beauty to us. ❤️

anyanka

Record Breaker
I don’t want to sound like a traitor, betraying Russia because Savchenko is normally viewed as Russia’s ‘enemy’ rivalry sort of thing, but I like this FS more than T/M candy man right now ( I still love T/M, and will always love them and Russian pairs). It’s so high class with the whole package, choreography, technical ( besides some minor stuff, but Savchenko can clean up her triple throw), depth. ❤️❤️
Danke, Merci, Aljona and Bruno.

Speaking as a Canadian, but I'm big fan of Russian skaters too, as well as Aljona / Bruno and Sui / Han. No need to worry about politics (too much), we're all fans of the skaters no matter where they come from. :)

russianskating4ever

On the Ice

I have just become a fan of Savchenko/Massot recently, and have been catching up on some things. Is it just me or why does everyone seem to be 'against' Savchenko?
I know Volosozhar had a fall out with savchenko and they are not friends anymore, what happened there?
And szolkowy as well, I think it was after worlds 2014 and he refused to skate with Aljona in ice shows when he could be receiving a handsome 40,000 worth of money, why did he just fly home straight away?
And now szolkowy is coach to Russian pairs, it seems like subtle 'back stabbing' at Aljona. It’s probably not intentional but there's still so much drama.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I read that they withdrew from Europeans to focus on training. I hope this works for the best.

musicfan80

Medalist
It's somewhat of a quick turnaround between Europeans and the Olympics - there's the travel time and media stuff that would also make things hectic.

slider11

Medalist
Icenetwork is reporting, per a tweet, that Bruno may have a serious back flare-up, putting their Olympic run in jeopardy. That would be terrible! Get well, big man!